Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Mojo HD

~~~

Stolen Mojo HD

Please keep a lookout for a brand new Black Ibis Mojo HD. Coworker's bike was stolen off his roof rack today at work in the Santa Clara/Cupertino area.

I'll post more details as I learn more about the specifics of the bike. Thanks.

aka dan51
    ugh!!!!!!!!!!
    Bring that ***** into the office.
    Post in the Ibis forum too.
    Black is pretty rare right now. Hopefully that will help find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

mtbr member
    holy jesus that's rough. one of the few black HDs? why the hell was it chillin on a roof rack anyway? he didn't want to bring it into work?

swag ho Administrator
    Seriously?

The waiting list for HDs right now is 700 bikes. This loss is inconceivable.

fc

new and improved

Bonking ... not feelin' well

Yep. Bad day.

The bike was my present to myself for getting a real job, after being in the 29th grade (seriously). I haven't bought a bike in 5 years, and it was high time to get a new one. I was able to get amazingly lucky and found the sole unclaimed large nude HD in the Bay Area at Wrench Science in Berkeley. I drove up and got it last wednesday and had two very awesome rides on it. Believe me when I say the bike lives up to the hype.

The bike was on my roof rack, locked, in the Agilent parking lot in Santa Clara, which is loaded with security cameras. My car was parked right outside my building in front of very big windows with lots of people working inside. It's hard for me to imagine that someone had the cojones to cut the kryptonite cable and pull it off my car in broad daylight, but that's what happened. I'm going through security tape tomorrow.

I've got renters insurance which should cover it, so I'm hoping I'll only be out a few hundred bucks. I don't think I am going to be able to get another black one anytime soon.

Attached is the picture that Wrench Science took of the bike. It's looks pretty much the same except I put a E13 bashring on it. Also, the KS seatpost isn't too common, which has a red anodized collar (see pic).

I don't expect to get it back, I'm sure it's already in pieces. I will have to fantasize about punching the asshat who took it in the mouth really, really hard. If you see him, please do it for me.

-Gus

--------------------------

Edit: Serial # is 10HF0472

It appears that every local shop is indeed several months away from getting new nude HD frames in stock (no matter what size), so I'll have to wait like everybody else.
    Last edited by El Santo; 09-17-2010 at 11:03 AM.

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by El Santo
    Yep. Bad day.

-Gus
    Damm Gus. I just saw you too last weekend and you had that new bike glow.

fc

another day at the office
    That was a bold move stealing the bike from its location. I would have guessed it to be a safe location due to its high visibility.
    Some pain is physical and some is mental, but one that's both is dental.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Dude, To steal this bike is 1 of 2 things.
    1. an inside job.
    2. some idiot who doesnt even know what he just stole or the value of it. If so, they wont part it. CHECK CRAIGSLIST! I bet it shows up there if its some shitty bike thief. Who the hell else would be cruising through a parking lot with bolt cutters for a Krypto cable.....? Unless of course it was an inside job.
    Sorry buds....happy hunting!

my body breaks the falls
    The bike was on my roof rack, locked, in the Agilent parking lot in Santa Clara, which is loaded with security cameras. My car was parked right outside my building in front of very big windows with lots of people working inside. It's hard for me to imagine that someone had the cojones to cut the kryptonite cable and pull it off my car in broad daylight, but that's what happened. I'm going through security tape tomorrow.
    Almost identical to the theft of my bike in December. It was even between 9 and 10AM when people were entering the building. The video showed them park behind my truck and scope things out for a couple minutes. As soon as the traffic subsided it was cut, grab and go.

My home owners came through big time. I hope your insurance does too and I'll certainly keep my eyes open for you.
    $500 million for more irresponsible EBRPD land management? No thanks.
    www.noonmeasureww.org

jrm
    mtbr member

Also check

the non bike specific swap meets like oakland colliisuem and laney college. bring a police report, pic, receipt..
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

mtbr member
    Bike thieves suck !!

I almost lost my MOJO last month up in Eugene, I just ended up with a broken window in the Van and a short little mother F**%er bike thief running away..

I'll keep an eye out for your HD

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I'll keep a look out for sure Im all over craigslist, ebay, pinkbike all the time.

Chris

swag ho Administrator
    K-max and I lost a Trek Remedy last year in Oregon.

10 years ago, I had a new Ventana Marble Peak stolen in front of my office window on Mathilda. It was on top of my car with a cable. A van parked beside it and snip-snip, gone.

fc

Wēk Ss
    oh damn! Does he have the SN? Keep an eye on CL!

Report it to the police. I'm sure it's grand theft/grand larceny. Hopefully the security cameras aren't "blanked". Also, if it's a co-worker, make sure he gets fired and the bike returned.

swag ho Administrator
    Gus, did you tell Ibis btw? Call them or email as they are in the know.

fc

Paper or plastic?

I don't expect to get it back, I'm sure it's already in pieces. I will have to fantasize about punching the asshat who took it in the mouth really, really hard. If you see him, please do it for me.

-Gus
    Sorry about your loss. If you can't find the actual thief, I would recommend punching the next guy who rolls with a Mojo HD. It would not be fair, but at least you'd get some kind of wicked satisfaction out of it. I believe that D-Bug has a Mojo HD, so there. The only caveat is that he's kind of a big guy, so make sure you sock him good and run fast.

Good luck with your insurance.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    Sorry about your loss. If you can't find the actual thief, I would recommend punching the next guy who rolls with a Mojo HD. It would not be fair, but at least you'd get some kind of wicked satisfaction out of it. I believe that D-Bug has a Mojo HD, so there. The only caveat is that he's kind of a big guy, so make sure you sock him good and run fast.

Good luck with your insurance.
    LOL!!! If I'm not knocked out a war will begin.

new and improved
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Gus, did you tell Ibis btw? Call them or email as they are in the know.

fc
    I talked with Scot over email. They will keep an eye out.
    Last edited by El Santo; 09-17-2010 at 12:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Eyes peeled in Truckee. Damn that blows.

PRETENDURO
    I just ordered one of these badboys today:

Abus Granit CityChain X-Plus 1060, in the 66" long size of course. Yes, $226 for an 8-pound lock that cannot be cut/broken/destroyed with conventional means. This lock will BREAK boltcutters.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

new and improved
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitWienie
    I'll keep a look out for sure Im all over craigslist, ebay, pinkbike all the time.

Chris
    Wow. This was already pulled down from CL.

From google, what I can read of the spec is identical. 203mm front rotor isn't what ships on these bikes, it was a large, X9 build.

I would *love* to meet this deuxchebag.

aka dan51
    At that price you know it's yours.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Interested? Call Him

Edit

Original Screen-shot of Google Search
    Last edited by tgoff; 09-19-2010 at 06:07 PM.

Wēk Ss
    call the cops, give them that phone number, report it as attempting to fence your stolen bike.

make sure you have proof of purchase and SN.

The phone number is a sprint cell phone. maybe call sprint too, before he chucks the number for a new one.

i'd not risk personal injury to chase after a thug. that's what armed officers are for.

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by tgoff
    The add has been deleted. Will craigslist help track these fockers down - or should the OP report it and provide the phone number, or ...?
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Specialized sucks dong

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast