mtbr member
    Apr 2008

STCP to Quicksilver loop

So I'm thinking of doing a ride starting on the Bernal side of STCP, over through the park, over to Quicksilver, then a loop (MineHill to Rondol) and back through STCP.

What's the easiest way to get from Santa Teresa to Quicksilver? It looks like Harry to Mockingbird hill Lane and to that Quicksilver Entrance.

I was going to start at the Mockingbird Entrance and then take Virl O. Norton to Mine Hill and then to Randol and back out the Mockingbird Entrance.

It looks like most of Quicksilver is offlimits to bikes with the exception of the above trails.

Anything I should watch out for?
    Anybody want to go?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Viril O is steep if you have not ridden it. You can also take Harry to Old Almaden down to Hacienda and climb from there. It is about 2 miles more road. I usually do something similar from my house up by Oakridge. I start with Quick and end with STCP then back home. I have made it a 35 mile loop easily, and it can be much longer if I wanted it to be.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I do this loop on my cyclocross bike and have done it on my mountain bike. The trails coming from Mockingbird are pretty steep, they are doable but are definitely granny worthy - nasty on a cyclocross bike. I would just take McKean all the way to New Almaden and do the Quicksilver loop up there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Done.

rho
    Captain Pinchflat
    Quote Originally Posted by sjhiker View Post
    Done.
    Looking good, if you wanted to get ambitious you could add in stiles and another loop in STP!

Or even head out to Sierra Azul from Almaden Quicksilver!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Done.

New bike fit FTW!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Dion,

I didn't even realize that I rode passed you yesterday while you were at your truck. I can't recognize most of the people around here without their riding glasses and helmets on.

NONDURO
    Dion,

I didn't even realize that I rode passed you yesterday while you were at your truck. I can't recognize most of the people around here without their riding glasses and helmets on.
    LOL! For sure itís the glasses that confuse me! Thereís people Iíve ridden with many times whose eyes Iíve never seen before.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Dion,

Where? At STCP? I was riding from my Morgan Hill back home. Unless you rode by my wife and I on Monterey Rd.