mtbr member
    May 2006

SS ride at Waterdog Saturday (Mach 29)

Anyone wants to ride local tomorrow? Me and a buddy will be riding SS at Waterdog. Anyone else want to get some velcro traction in after the light rain?

Meeting at Passion Trail Bike 11am [EDITED]. Gear-ed bike welcome. Mellow pace but hoping to make it more a intermediate level ride. One to 1.5 loop.

Leave me a post here if you plan to come and look for SS bikes at the shop parking.
    If raining up to 1 hour before ride, then cancel plan.

Hope to see you all tomorrow.
    Last edited by Loll; 03-28-2008 at 07:17 PM.

IPAs make me wanna puke.
    Dec 2004
    Jacob: I spoke with Austin. He said perhaps we can start at 11:00 instead. Is that cool?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Yeah, shouldn't be a problem really. Just want the trail to dry a bit.

CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker

SS only?

Do we have to be on SS only? Is there one I can borrow (size large)? I remember drooling over a NICE new SC Chameleon SS at PTB!
    Master of the unintentional track stand.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Open to geared bike also. Michael will be riding a dualie with gears.
    Chameleon at PTB???????? Must be a customer's bike. What color was it?

CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
    Quote Originally Posted by Loll
    Chameleon at PTB???????? Must be a customer's bike. What color was it?
    Dark blue. New '08 frame. Very Nice! (Borat voice) The name Peter keeps coming to mind - I asked Charles if it was a demo bike.

oh yeah that's peter's new bike. we had a long group ride at skeggs last week that i pretty much died on with my normal geared bike.. but he kept chugging along with that SS.

yeah we'll see how "intermediate" this ride is - my left knee is acting up and i'll will be on platform pedals. i also spent 2 hrs at a korean bbq buffet last night so i'm a brass sinker right now.

So far there's 4 of us meeting at PTB @ 11.

dis member

Tsimbu

Bring your pedals. I'll distract Peter while you make a break for the door.

mtbr member
    Sorry guys. I couldn't make it today. I went to Skeggs early in the morning intended to ride a medium loop before meeting up with you. My knee was hurting very badly on Resolution. I ended up hike my bike out to the parking lot for 20'. My knee seriously needs extra healing time. Hope you have a great time at Water Dog.
    Last edited by theseawind; 03-29-2008 at 04:07 PM.

just another bleepin SSer
    Quote Originally Posted by theseawind
    Sorry guys. I couldn't make it today. I went to Skeggs early in the morning intended to ride a medium loop before meeting up with you. My knee was hurting very badly on Resolution. I ended up hike my bike out of the parking lot for 20'. My knee seriously needs extra healing time. Hope you have a great time at Water Dog.
    The term for you that comes to mind is Hammer Babe. Doing a ride at Skeggs before joining a group ride is definitely a HB move.
    --
    Getting old, fat, and slow...
    Business: www.calkayakermag.com
    Personal: www.singlespeed.org
    自転車が好きだよ

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by singlespeed.org
    The term for you that comes to mind is Hammer Babe. Doing a ride at Skeggs before joining a group ride is definitely a HB move.
    Thanks Peter! I will take it as a compliment even though my plan failed. Hope that all is well. Great job for doing that crazy loop at Skeggs last week on the SS. You made me feel ashamed.

Obi
    mtbr member

... and if we just ...

DOH!! Rode over here instead, thinking about almost going over there.
    Decided not to after forced to convert back to SS, as I broke my mech/tensioner/tug.

Note to self: Pay more attention to other posts!!
    I will say that things were definitely Tacky/Tacky here, I even called Zorg to brag about it.
    Let's hear how things went, you guys should be just finishing up about now anyhow.

Put down the Keg-erator tap and brag already, and say "Hi" to Charles and the Crew for me.
    *Even though Sterling didn't have the part I wanted.
    You have given out too much Positive Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    Awesome!

Christine, thanks for calling the shop to tell us that u weren't coming. hopefully you heal soon.
    Charles also asked about Tsimbu as the chameleon was in the shop.. but maybe next time.
    trails were actually pretty dusty considering it rained last night.. but it was still very nice.
    Did the usual route from the shop down to the lot in carlmont, then climbed up the switchbacks back up to the fireroad and back to the shop. I keep forgetting trail names.. but you get the idea.

CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker

Stupid Conscience

Spring cleaning, catching up on bills and taxes took over my Saturday. Maybe next time. Charles we'll syncronize watches next time and pull of a stealth strike maneuver. My arm still wasn't feeling right anyway last night but this morning it probably would have been good enough to ride.

Oh well, maybe I'll come by tomorrow and lend a hand for the new single track. Could patty use a strong back / weak mind type. If so, I'm in!

Travis

sunnyside up
    Quote Originally Posted by tsimbu
    Oh well, maybe I'll come by tomorrow and lend a hand for the new single track. Could patty use a strong back / weak mind type. If so, I'm in!
    Travis

Thats good. Strong back is always a nice addition to a workday. Love to see you. I'll send you the project info.

Patty
    "...So forget all your duties, oh yeah! Fat bottomed girls, they'll be riding today..." Freddie Mercury