Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Paper or plastic?

So who plans to get a new steed in 2018?

Which one? New or used? What size wheels? We want to know.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

fc
    stoked Administrator
    29er. February 22. There is a 27.5 version as well. #embargo but it may be the best package I've ever seen. And I've seen some packages.
    IPA will save America

Paper or plastic?
    Not sure we want to see your package, but looking forward to a good new bike. I plan to move to a hightower later this spring. Will be my first 29er after a lifetime on 26ď wheels.

fc
    stoked Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg View Post
    Not sure we want to see your package, but looking forward to a good new bike. I plan to move to a hightower later this spring. Will be my first 29er after a lifetime on 26ď wheels.

What's your height? This year btw, not 20 years ago. You thinking of an LT? What other bikes did you consider? Downieville shredder steed?
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    nope..

i just ride. i dont chase gear..(i seriously dont even know what you all mean by "BOOST".)

my last bike was from 1999-2000. my current bike is gonna have to go a long time.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    What's your height? This year btw, not 20 years ago. You thinking of an LT? What other bikes did you consider? Downieville shredder steed?
    5'7ď I rode the regular HT around Santa Cruz last year and I loved it. Just need a bike that can do anything from east bay fireroads to trails around Truckee. The HT seems like the ticket.

Broken but on the mend
    Just Built a Yeti SB5.5. I felt the 29ers finally are where they need to be geo wise.

mtbr member
    Def going with a 27.5 to go with my Intense Spider 29C. I'm open for different brand this time. Want Fox 36/Float X2, i'll take alum wheels, Shimano comps. Eyen' the Tracer, Capra, Slash, Mach - hope to demo a handful of bikes. Although maybe out of reach considering the specs I want, I'd like to stick around the $4k mark lol.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    In Sept I bought a 29 Pivot Switchblade. Fox factory, Eagle, Aeffect SL. Awesome- best bike I've ever ridden.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Yahooo View Post
    In Sept I bought a 29 Pivot Switchblade. Fox factory, Eagle, Aeffect SL. Awesome- best bike I've ever ridden.
    so your answer is "NO" to the thread question
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

Nature Rider, Not MTBer
    My most frequent riding buddy got a Hakka MX near the end of last year. My Salsa Vaya has been used for similar riding in the past and it's what I used when riding with him when he's on the Hakka, but the Vaya is in permanent commuter mode now. It does surprisingly well on trails with its slick tires, fenders, rack, and basket (pretty sure I can make it up the rocky bit on Big Trees eventually - I've come awfully close, just need a bit more power from the legs), but it's awfully tempting to build up a similar bike, stripped down a bit and having bigger tires with knobs.

As for mtb, none of the marketing is aimed at someone like me. I consider myself more of a "nature rider" than a "mountain biker." I mostly like tooling around in the woods, feeling the peace ooze into my bones and the tension of life fade away. I prefer uphill to down. I have no desire to go very fast. I only have a newish bike because my '08 Sultan was stolen. There is no appeal in anything new that I've seen. None of the "advantages" of new tech that I've seen gives me anything I care about.
    This is no time for levity. - Oliver Hardy

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    i want to..but i shouldnt... but reaaallly would like to see what these new 29rs are all about.. but i wont ( i think)

yeah i wont.

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I want a short travel 29er that is light and efficient enough for xc racing but still slack enough to be fun. I'm shopping right now but no one makes this

L1MEY
    I'm planning on adding a fat bike to my stable this year... looking at either a Kona Wozo or Canyon Dude. I think I'm going to have trouble finding any to test ride though, so if anyone knows anywhere that does fat bike demos in the Tahoe area please let me know

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    - Jen.

mtbr member
    I'm going to be selling my Kona Big Honzo DL hardtail and Santa Cruz Hightower to fund a new bike this spring. Having 3 mountain bikes is kinda cool, but too expensive to maintain. 2 seems more appropriate for me.

Might go down to 27.5".. need to demo. Pivot Mach 6 carbon is first up, wondering what else Pivot has up their sleeve for this year too...
    East Bay Parks AKA East Bay Cattle Ranches

wretch
    I want to add a Following MB (or could potentially replace my Wreckoning). Or I'm holding my breath for Evils next launch which could be the missing mid travel 29er I've been looking for. Been super happy with the Wreckoning for the past two seasons but wanted to try the aggressive less travel 29er cool-aid.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Yep, in the market. Want something a little more burly than my OG Ripley, but not an enduro sled. Thinking Jeffsy, RM Instinct, perhaps a Norco Sight. I'd love to see a 140mm travel Ripley, but not going to wait forever for one. Just too many great bikes out there these days.

Hella Olde
    Probably in the market. I could easily ride my 2015 Capra for X more years, but I want to give it to my son. Waiting to see what YT unveils and the end of the month, but would also consider Commencal and Canyon.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    29er. February 22. There is a 27.5 version as well. #embargo but it may be the best package I've ever seen. And I've seen some packages.
    Can you give us a hint?

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Plim View Post
    My most frequent riding buddy got a Hakka MX near the end of last year. My Salsa Vaya has been used for similar riding in the past and it's what I used when riding with him when he's on the Hakka, but the Vaya is in permanent commuter mode now. It does surprisingly well on trails with its slick tires, fenders, rack, and basket (pretty sure I can make it up the rocky bit on Big Trees eventually - I've come awfully close, just need a bit more power from the legs), but it's awfully tempting to build up a similar bike, stripped down a bit and having bigger tires with knobs.

As for mtb, none of the marketing is aimed at someone like me. I consider myself more of a "nature rider" than a "mountain biker." I mostly like tooling around in the woods, feeling the peace ooze into my bones and the tension of life fade away. I prefer uphill to down. I have no desire to go very fast. I only have a newish bike because my '08 Sultan was stolen. There is no appeal in anything new that I've seen. None of the "advantages" of new tech that I've seen gives me anything I care about.
    Look who came out of hibernation!

Paper or plastic?
    Btw, test rode an Intense Primer and the new Carbine. I thought they were too stiff and lacked compliance. The Carbine was fun at speed but it was a bit of a monster truck.

Nature Rider, Not MTBer
    Look who came out of hibernation!

Back to bed soon...

You're closer to reality than I'd like. Been sick for weeks, almost continuously. Spent most of the holidays in bed. Yuck. Hope to see you soon!
    This is no time for levity. - Oliver Hardy

mtbr member
    Btw, test rode an Intense Primer and the new Carbine. I thought they were too stiff and lacked compliance. The Carbine was fun at speed but it was a bit of a monster truck.

That's Intense for ya - wonder if the Tracer has a rough feel too. My Spider just lacks any amount of plushness in the rear. Their 27.5's get strong reviews but i want to see for myself.

mtbr member
    Been riding a 2013 stumpjumper carbon evo for 4-5 years now. Love the bike but always paranoid that one day I won't be able to get a decent tire. Other than the tire issue it's going to need a drivetrain refresh and I'm not sure if it's worth it to upgrade parts or move to a new bike.

I'm kind of all over the place on what bike to get. Bikes I want to test ride:

Pivot 5.5
    Yeti SB5
    Yeti SB6
    Santa Cruz Bronson
    Santa Cruz Hightower LT

Bikes are kinda expensive though. I got my current bike for a good deal otherwise I wouldn't be riding one like it. Considering the Diamondback Release 5c mainly due to cost and the YouTube shilling. But I'm not even sure where to test ride one. Even considering building a long travel hardtail due to cost. One thing I know is that if I get a new bike it will have a Fox suspension.

Still in the end when I ride my stumpy I forget about wanting a new bike.

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by dchester View Post
    That's Intense for ya - wonder if the Tracer has a rough feel too. My Spider just lacks any amount of plushness in the rear. Their 27.5's get strong reviews but i want to see for myself.
    Seems that their new suspension is way harsher than the old VPP2. My 2012 Carbine has been very plush since day one. Anyway, no more Intense for me.

Ride On!
    Quote Originally Posted by rox View Post
    I want a short travel 29er that is light and efficient enough for xc racing but still slack enough to be fun. I'm shopping right now but no one makes this
    Ever ridden a Ripley LS ?

Ride On!
    Not any immediate plans, but I am highly interested in seeing what Ibis rolls out in a long travel 29er

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthSideOf50 View Post
    Ever ridden a Ripley LS ?
    seems like too much travel and too much weight

gimme friction
    Quote Originally Posted by Plim View Post

That Hakka MX looks rad. 27.5 wheels with hi-vol tires and a 2x setup would be my go-anywhere dream bike. Too bad no fork mounts for cages and whatnot.
    Johnny Ryall rode MTB

mtbr member
    Anyone have intel on the new Stumpyís that are supposed to be revealed to the public at SeaOtter? Word on the street is that they will have slightly more travel and an a-symmetrical frame. Couldnít find pictures though.

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    Anyone have intel on the new Stumpyís that are supposed to be revealed to the public at SeaOtter? Word on the street is that they will have slightly more travel and an a-symmetrical frame. Couldnít find pictures though.
    Or February 22?

Moderator Moderator
    I got my new 2018 HTLT in September 2017 so I'm set for awhile.

So who plans to get a new steed in 2018?-img_6985.jpg
    The only easy day was yesterday.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I hope to get a new bike this year. Looking for a all mountain DH Bridger bike. Firebird, new Jekyll, mega 275 or the contenders so far. Mega is looking great since the other two are so expensive.

mtbr member
    Pre-ordered a Pole Evolink 158 frame, supposed to arrive by April (so I'm realistically hoping to have it by June). During black Friday sales I bought all the components for it, so I have a big box of shiny parts just waiting for a frame to hang em on.

Gonna try to do more shuttling/lift stuff this year in Downieville, Tahoe, N*, Georgetown, and figured this bike will be great for that.

mtbr member
    Short travel carbon 29er, likely used unless I can find a 2017 blowout for a really good deal. I'm pretty short so finding the right geometry will be hard.

mtbr member
    seems like too much travel and too much weight
    Kona Hei Hei might fit.

fc
    stoked Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Yahooo View Post
    For sure. I have one of em. Makes up and down tech easy.
    IPA will save America

fc
    stoked Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ripn View Post
    Can you give us a hint?
    ALL mountain, 75/65
    IPA will save America

fc
    stoked Administrator
    5'7ď I rode the regular HT around Santa Cruz last year and I loved it. Just need a bike that can do anything from east bay fireroads to trails around Truckee. The HT seems like the ticket.

I checked my height and I shrank 1.5" midday from 30 years ago. Such bs.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomchakabowwow View Post
    so your answer is "NO" to the thread question
    Yes my answer is "no;" obviously I'm just a little excited about my new steed to focus.

fc
    stoked Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    I got my new 2018 HTLT in September 2017 so I'm set for awhile.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6985.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	1176258
    That is an amazing bike for around here.
    IPA will save America

fc
    stoked Administrator
    So no one is fessing up to an ebike huh? That's coo.
    IPA will save America

Moderator Moderator
    That is an amazing bike for around here.
    I put Race Face 800mm carbon bars, DPX2 shock and Saint Brakes on it. Pretty much does all I need it to do! Will probably put the SC Carbon wheels on it soon.
    The only easy day was yesterday.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Mackenzie View Post
    . One thing I know is that if I get a new bike it will have a Fox suspension.

Still in the end when I ride my stumpy I forget about wanting a new bike.
    Why suffer when fox, when MRP, DVO, and Manitou make superior products?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Riding slowly since 1977.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Looking to build a new single speed to replace my redline. Wanted to go with a Santa Cruz Chameleon or Kona Honzo but both of the current year frames have a little too much purple going on for me. I wouldn't buy a bike only because of color, but it definitely would prevent me from buying. Could go the used route, also thinking about a Chinese carbon frame and try my luck with that. Either way, keeping it SS, 29er, and a little bit of travel in the front.... as light as possible

mtbr member
    Finishing up the build on my new hightower this weekend. So excited!!!
    Iíll post pics when its done. Running a 160mm 36 up front so itll be plenty capable.

Paper or plastic?
    I checked my height and I shrank 1.5" midday from 30 years ago. Such bs.
    OK, maybe 5'6.5"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by langster831 View Post
    Looking to build a new single speed to replace my redline. Wanted to go with a Santa Cruz Chameleon or Kona Honzo but both of the current year frames have a little too much purple going on for me. I wouldn't buy a bike only because of color, but it definitely would prevent me from buying. Could go the used route, also thinking about a Chinese carbon frame and try my luck with that. Either way, keeping it SS, 29er, and a little bit of travel in the front.... as light as possible
    Just get a chameleon and get some of the black decals that santa cruz sells on their website.
    easy peasy lemon squeezy

mtbr member
    Just finished building my wife her first bike, a SC Chameleon with plus tires. I'll also *ahem* be using the wheelset as a second set for my Tallboy 3, which currently has 29er wheels. That sort of counts, right?

rho
    Life is strange
    Yep.

I'm not sure what quite yet, but I'm looking at FS 29ers around 150mm/160mm of travel. Some of the usual suspects like Santa Cruz, YT, Transition are on the list, but I need to start looking at bikes and getting out for demos...

mtbr member
    My list in no perticular order

HD4
    HIGHTOWER LT
    FOLLOWING MB
    NEW KNOLLY 120MM 29ER
    PIVOT SWITCHBLADE

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I never plan on it... new bikes just sort of happen.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I've had my '06 heckler for about 7 years now and it's really feeling its age (not just the 26" wheels - everything). I'm looking into the new Canyon Spectral 27.5".

Formerly dvo
    Word is some the big S employees are riding long forked Epicís for their xc shred sleds.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I will! Though probably not until 2019/20 but next bike will be assist.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Fat bike... Gonna commute To work in NH with it... Haven't taken the time to LBS it up yet... Damn im. Lazy.. But we are buried in snow!

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbrdan View Post
    Word is some the big S employees are riding long forked Epicís for their xc shred sleds.
    the epic could be good if it didnt have that "brain" crap

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    ok heres my candidates for a short travel 29er in no particular order

Felt Edict
    Scott Spark
    Trek Top Fuel
    Yeti SB4.5
    Pivot Mach 429
    Kona Hei Hei
    Giant Anthem
    Rocky Mountain Element
    Ibis Ripley
    Santa Cruz Tallboy

mtbr member
    ok heres my candidates for a short travel 29er in no particular order

Felt Edict
    Scott Spark
    Trek Top Fuel
    Yeti SB4.5
    Pivot Mach 429
    Kona Hei Hei
    Giant Anthem
    Rocky Mountain Element
    Ibis Ripley
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    sb4.5 is insanely fun. that bike really wants to be pushed to itís limits, doesnt feel like an xc bike at all. tallboy is pretty sick too but ive only ridden in 27.5+ so canít say too much.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Will get my Colnago C60 Disc MHRD very soon. The retailer just received it from Italy.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I'll be rocking my capra for a few more years. Why change a good thing?

fc
    stoked Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by prozach0215 View Post
    I'll be rocking my capra for a few more years. Why change a good thing?
    How long have you had that and what do you like about it?
    IPA will save America

fc
    stoked Administrator
    the epic could be good if it didnt have that "brain" crap
    Version 8 will be wayyy better than 7. And so on.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    How long have you had that and what do you like about it?
    I've had it 3 years. And everything. It climbs, it goes down, it's reliable, YT is responsive with questions. It's not the next great thing anymore according to some, but it works great for me and I'm getting my full money out of my $4400 I spent on it.

fc
    stoked Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by prozach0215 View Post
    I've had it 3 years. And everything. It climbs, it goes down, it's reliable, YT is responsive with questions. It's not the next great thing anymore according to some, but it works great for me and I'm getting my full money out of my $4400 I spent on it.
    Right on, thanks for the feedback. Consumer direct is big in the future and you're one of the early ones with first-hand experience. Good brand too that you can be proud of and price don't hurt as much.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    I consider the bike I got myself for Christmas a new ride for 2018.. Just got an Evil Insurgent with the Eagle 1x12 build.

Captain One Lung Administrator
    I would like to swap out my Large framed Calling to an XL but that is about it. I find this bike perfect for everything I ride in NorCal (Downieville, Northstar, Auburn, Georgetown, Granite Bay, Tamarancho, etc..) The large fits decently well but in the gnar and steeps I would prefer an XL.

Jeni, on the other hand, is trying to build up her stable with a new DH bike and either a light trail bike (for clinics) like the Intense Spider 275c or buy an "enduro" bike like the Hightower LT or Orbea Rallon and lighten up her current race bike (Intense Recluse) for light trail/clinic use.

I can't wait to see the #embargo bike! Sounds like something Jeni needs to check out before race season.

Formerly of Kent
    Scott Spark (120mm) with a 130mm fork and two sets of wheels?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

mtbr member
    I'm going the opposite way, I'm trying to reduce the number of bikes that I have. I have found that I only really need 2. A steel hardtail (geared or SS) and a nice 130mm to 160mm 27.5 bike. No road bike, no gravel grinder, no plus bikes, no fatties...

On the other hand, I'm updating components on the 130mm to 160mm bikes constantly. The latest order is for ASC3 170mm springs for the Lyrik and 36 RC2.

jrm
    mtbr member
    Im thinking of one for commuting since i will no longer be receiving my transit subsidy...due to tax reform

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    Im thinking of one for commuting since i will no longer be receiving my transit subsidy...due to tax reform
    that is a good idea. thought has cross my mind as well.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

Wēk SŰs
    I'm looking for this too! You'd think they'd be all over that in a heartbeat, but I guess not.

Wēk SŰs
    Quote Originally Posted by rho View Post
    Yep.

I'm not sure what quite yet, but I'm looking at FS 29ers around 150mm/160mm of travel. Some of the usual suspects like Santa Cruz, YT, Transition are on the list, but I need to start looking at bikes and getting out for demos...
    There was a thread around here about the one LT 29er to rule them all. Kona Process 153. It would go well with your Kona HT.

Cheeseburgler
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    I'm looking for this too! You'd think they'd be all over that in a heartbeat, but I guess not.
    The closest bike I can really think of would be something like the GG trail pistol. Only aluminum, but can probably be built up reasonably light. One of the best pedaling bikes i have ever ridden.

tjp
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I'm in the same boat. By the numbers, I'd love a Carbon Smuggler, but probly never going to happen, so leaning toward a Tallboy with a 140 fork...I know two VERY aggressive riders who love these things.

Also, Kona Hei Hei, Fuel EX fit your (and my) bill. The geo numbers for 29ers are converging into a really sweet spot. For me, that's 67ish head angle, 475 reach, 435ish stays, low bb, 120 rear travel. Get that down to 25 lbs and we are talking

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mzorich View Post
    Just Built a Yeti SB5.5. I felt the 29ers finally are where they need to be geo wise.
    Welcome to the Tribe

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    New Yeti asrc...

mtbr member
    I got 2 a Gravity Bullseye Monster LTD and a Motobecane 529HT

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti575inCA View Post
    New Yeti asrc...

as far as I can tell they stopped making the ASR

mtbr member
    as far as I can tell they stopped making the ASR
    Strong rumour new one comng soon

mtbr member
    I will *probably* get a Yeti SB5 "Lunch Ride" to replace my 5010 but that will will until much later in the year when CC/BC drops the price on clearance....

I will be getting a flat bar road bike as soon as I find one I like.
    2018 Intense Tracer
    2017 Intense Primer
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Getting close to a Yeti 4.5 Turq...likely when the snow is gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2017 Trek Fuel EX 8 29"

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by langster831 View Post
    Take a look at the Spot Rocker. It is without a doubt my favorite bike. I recently added a dropper post and a pike.

IMG_4904

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    The inaugural ride on my new bike was Dec 2, so I am precluded from answering.

The Bike Mag round-up is always interesting to me. Overall takeaway: some good bikes out there.

mtbr member
    Hopefully a carbon Canfield Brothers Balance, if they end up making one this year
    Not really doing much Ridin' or Diggin'

mtbr member
    Anyone try the new Transitions?

Thoughts on the new geo?

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    I'm getting an ebike this year, probably waiting for the tax return but maybe not. In research mode.

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by shapethings View Post
    The inaugural ride on my new bike was Dec 2, so I am precluded from answering.

The Bike Mag round-up is always interesting to me. Overall takeaway: some good bikes out there.
    So many choices!

mtbr member
    Nov 2016

Yeti 4.5 might work for you. Can get them around 26lbs, not sure that is light enough for ya...

mtbr member
    If anyone is interested in a 27.5+ hardtail... Kona Big Honzo DL up for grabs!

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik...450516323.html
    East Bay Parks AKA East Bay Cattle Ranches

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollygaggin View Post
    Anyone try the new Transitions?

Thoughts on the new geo?
    I spent a couple days on a 2018 smuggler a few months ago. Good bike that would have been great if it were a little lighter for the price. As far as the sbg geo goes, it's very good. Guerilla Gravity is also building bikes with similar geo to the transitions but utilizes a more standard fork offset for the 29ers (not sure about the 27.5 bikes). I recently picked up a trail pistol with a coil shock and it came in 1.5 lbs lighter than the smuggler. If I could have had a carbon smuggler around 30 lbs that would likely be in my garage right now.

Trail Gnome
    Iím definetly getting an ebike...and it wonít have 29Ē wagon wheels.

mtbr member
    Yes. Some fancy big travel bike.

mtbr member
    I'm going down to a two bike quiver. A GG Pedalhead to go with my Evil Calling
    Four wheels move my body Two wheels move my soul

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I'm getting on the 5.5 koolaid as well, rode a lot of different bikes last year. It came down between this and the HTLT, I can get a better deal on the 5.5 so that's the deciding factor. Was open to switching to any brand as well, this will be my 3rd yeti

mtbr member
    looking forward to the new Stumpys next summer! Will be selling my small S-Works Camber 29 soon. Being 5'6", short travel 29ers feel awesome!!!

mtbr member
    Been passing on getting a new ride. Nowadays in the Bay Area, you can't really ride a bike how it meant to be ridden. Trails are supper crowded. It is like getting a Lamborghini and can't get it out of second gear.
    Last edited by aliikane; 01-09-2018 at 11:05 AM.

mtbr member
    A cheap recumbent. I'd like to marry it to an old SUP someone gave me. Starting with ski type outriggers and aiming towards foils. Propulsion is still up in the air - propeller, jet, fins ala hobie, or a paddle wheel? I'd be aiming for very fast and a propeller with a gear cluster and a derailleur would work well. The problem is there are two many changes of axis that eat too much energy.
    My mantra: Hike, Bike, Paddle, Ski

mtbr member
    Just ordered a niner jet9 rdo, can't wait to build it up.

orthonormal
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_twin View Post
    Take a look at the Spot Rocker. It is without a doubt my favorite bike. I recently added a dropper post and a pike.
    I love mine. It's just a really fun bike. I've got a Pike as well, set to 140mm.
    The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast