Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    swag ho Administrator
    oh it's hammer time!!!!!

mtbr member
    Bike is smiling because its clean! cleaning it was a big tease i want to ride so bad!
    Football time! go 9ers!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Weird huh?
    Hitting Kennedy after 2 (when it should clear a bit). Prolly up/down on the cross bike and home.
    Teh rainz, it sux
    ...You'll find me chugging a gallon of Pliny sooner than going hipstertard ~ Menso

HTFU!
    Santa is coming early today..he (well, she) is taking me to get a juicer (hopefully it won't end up on craigslist in week ) and then time to head down to the basement to try a new cycling video. I've gotten bored of the Carmichael Training System videos (other riders on trainers) so Santa got me a 'Tour Wild California' video so I can at least enjoy some of the beauty of our state while suffering. Dang hard to get on the trainer, but I always feel better about myself afterward and I notice the difference on the long rides (plus this S.O.B. needs to drop ~15lbs).

So what are you doing this rainy weekend?-trainer2.jpg

It's about showing up.
    Wrapping presents, making cookies, cleaning, keeping an eye on the seepage in the basement. not putting my roadbike on the trainer.
    I don't rattle.

HTFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley Mike View Post
    Wrapping presents, making cookies, cleaning, keeping an eye on the seepage in the basement. not putting my roadbike on the trainer.
    ^^^Ha, funny considering we posted at the same time...and for the record, there is always some seepage in my basement, but the massive heat I generate while I am on the trainer will surely evaporate all unwanted H2O.

edit: I purposely took the pick to avoid the water that is just to the left of the trainer.

jms
    mtbr member

Packing

Packing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So what are you doing this rainy weekend?-img_1827.jpg  

My Favorite Peeps:

singletrack bound
    Raining steady here now. Chuck, Dan-O & I are meeting Mike S. at intergarrison @ 12.
    Looking at the weather radar it shows a 12:30 - 3:00 window granted. we a re really rolling the dice! Let you all know how it turns out.

Tone~
    Sorrel Seeker !!

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jms View Post
    Packing.
    sup jms? where you going?

fc

swag ho Administrator
    board games... what's your game?

Seems like a good way to connect with the family as we smack talk each other by the fireplace.

fc

mtbr member

Avoiding red chicklets

No trail riding for me today. Doing some tread work while enjoying some footsieball ! Niner @ Seahawks may be a good one tonight folks ! Name:  1223121138.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  19.7 KB

Name:  1223121307.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  12.7 KB
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 12-23-2012 at 01:19 PM.
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

jms
    mtbr member

The hand of fate

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    where you going?

fc
    Short term, Santa Cruz.

Long term, per the usual, wherever the the hands of fate guide me. I'm sure it will be colorful and entertaining....... it ALWAYS is
    My Favorite Peeps:

mtbr dismember

What rain?

What rain?

Last edited by Wherewolf; 12-23-2012 at 12:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Yesterday, did a little ride in the rain with Zen Turtle

Was pouring rain in Los Gatos at 6am, when we started..

From Zen Turtle Xmas Ride - Dec 2013

El Sereno was a good climb in the rain. Over to Bohlman and down McGill to the reservoir

The coldest part of the ride was dropping down Bear Creek Rd to Boulder Creek - torrential rain and very cold. We stopped in at Rainbow's End coffee shop to warm up. Down to Felton and ZT took me on a tour of Roaring Camp Railroads trails - awesome! We went on a search for the crowdsourced xmas tree

This place is awesome fun on CX! We were following one of shredchic's tracks but decided to cut it short and find a way to the road.. this bridge wasn't quite rideable

ZT raised the idea of a detour to the Summit Store for Gizdich pie and so pie gravity pulled us up the mountain. No rain on Zayante which made it bearable!

I don't usually like to start a ride if it's already raining but when I do, it always seems to be with Zen Turtle

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeson View Post
    Weekend started Friday @ the fort....sunny @ times.

Chillin out watching football today. Ride tomorrow.
    Where were those taken? I recognize the graffiti art, but the others...?

singletrack bound
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone No Balone View Post
    Raining steady here now. Chuck, Dan-O & I are meeting Mike S. at intergarrison @ 12.
    Looking at the weather radar it shows a 12:30 - 3:00 window granted. we a re really rolling the dice! Let you all know how it turns out.

Tone~

well the short story is we got wet!
    but we did get just under two hours in before we all got fully saturated!
    good to ride with you Mike.
    back home warm and dry watching the rain falling in anticipation of the 9'er Seahawks game.
    Sorrel Seeker !!

Ariolimax columbianus
    I got one shotSo what are you doing this rainy weekend?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356307597.081392.jpg
    2nd day in a row I had to clean off some mud. Thanks for pullin me off the couch Tone. Cameo appearance from cpt. kana. Great ridin w/u guys.

Weird huh?
    Holy Cra*
    Got home an hour ago. Record rainfall for Palo Alto, San Jose...coming down the wind was sideways. Got to my house (85/Camden) and the street was flooded. Since I was soaked, I spend 45 mins. cleaning out storm gutters....didn't help much. Rain slowed and the water went down, but it was scary. After Kennedy, I climbed Santa Maria Road to Belgatos (short cut for me) and then went down Belgatos. Halfway down it started. Couldn't even see. Had to lock em up and stop the bike. Honestly couldn't see the trail it was raining that hard. Closed my eyes as the bike came to a stop. Surreal.
    For those in the know, it was a pee yourself to keep the knees warm kind of ride..... Glad I made it home. 20 min. shower fixed all problems.
    Glad I went out, but If I'd stayed home 20 mins. longer, I'd have never left...

Cheers!
    ...You'll find me chugging a gallon of Pliny sooner than going hipstertard ~ Menso

swag ho Administrator
    rain watching the historic weekend of a record month.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So what are you doing this rainy weekend?-screen-shot-2012-12-23-6.44.08-pm.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Just got back from wandering around town, dinner, wine tasting, and some shopping. Somehow a Spec. Safire Comp ended up under the tree. Supposedly this means spousal nagging to ride more. I guess I could have other things to complain about.

She's already signed off on a road trip to Oak Ridge/Waldo Lake in the coming year.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Got called into work this afternoon. Tree with wires down on Panoramic Highway past 4 Corners. Dropped into Fairfax on Fairfax-Bolinas Road and checked out Corte Madera Creek (17') - 19' is flood stage and Sleepy Hollow.

Spent weekend installing new front and rear derailleurs and shifters. Guess I will have to wait a little longer to try them out.

Laker and a Trail Blazer
    I went for a quick ride today at 3pm just after the rains stopped. Blue skies mixed with rain clouds and river bed riding among many small waterfalls. So what are you doing this rainy weekend?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356329361.103448.jpg
    And shrooms are plentiful
    So what are you doing this rainy weekend?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356329413.211718.jpgSo what are you doing this rainy weekend?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356329440.208003.jpgSo what are you doing this rainy weekend?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356329473.565576.jpg

Pirate!!!
    I just finished cracking about five pounds of crab meat, Panko crab cakes for Xmas main course. Yum yum!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Got some shots of the rain's effects.
    Many here should recognize this first shot.

These are taken just a few hundred feet north. Impromptu waterfalls.

NONDURO
    I am hoping to get out before 9:00AM Monday morning to assess the damage up in the Sierra Azul/Kennedy trails area. Should be some fun downed trees and rockpile landslides to contend with.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast