mtbr member
    Jan 2004

so, what rear fender are you running?

I've got a couple of generic rear fenders - the type that split around the seatpost with a pinch bolt in front of the post - and they just never stay put, end up rotating side to side.

What are you running? There's got to be a better solution!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I got the SKS X-Blade early this year. I had to replace my old X-Tra-Dry non-adjustable fender once I installed a Joplin dropper post. The adjustability on the X-Blade is great. It felt a little pricey when I bought it, but it has been worth it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I have the X-tra dry rear fender by SKS. Yeah, they move around, but they do what they need to do. You just have to kinda check it every once in awhile, or place a rubber shim.

dude with orange car
    I wrap a little duct tape around the seat post. My fender has a little texture in the part that goes around the seat post (might be the sks posted above - the orange strap has little nubbins on the inside). The texture digs in to the duct tape and the fender doesn't move.
    This is no time for levity. - Oliver Hardy

mtbr member
    Electrical tape around the seat post where you mount it will help (multiple wraps if you need it thicker). Also, you can cut a piece of old inner-tube to wrap around that as a rubber spacer/shim.

It's not bad if the fender moves around a little bit when it gets hit or kicked, that keeps it from breaking off if you happen to fall, drop the bike, etc.

Slowest Rider
    I had the SKS before, but I haven't found a rear fender that works on the seat post now that I got a Gravity Dropper. There's not enough free post, which would be too low anyway. The rearward cable release gets in the way as well. Now I get a dirty muddy backside..
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

mtbr member
    Been running a THE Pro Series over the rear wheel for a few seasons. Light and stays put, very adjustable. Does rattle a bit though as the material is quite thin.

Sent from a tiny keyboard

aka dan51
    I've been using a Dakine Nomad. It can store food, tools, 3 liters of water and has no bike attachment problems. Downside is it only keeps a portion of my back clean.
    For commuting the SKS one listed above is nice.

Plim said nubbins.
    Those who know, ride a Mojo AND a Mojo HD.
    Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55
    Ok, whatever, cold water on my bike boner right there.

my body breaks the falls
    Pretty happy with these from Big O mfg:

$500 million for more irresponsible EBRPD land management? No thanks.
    www.noonmeasureww.org