• 12-27-2012
    Snowshoe rental in Graegle
    Anyone know how to get a hold of the shop in Graegle who rents snowshoes?
  • 12-27-2012
    I don't. But REI rents them on the cheap.
  • 12-27-2012
    Here you go!

Phil & Kimberly
    Howling Dogs Bike & Ski
    Graeagle, CA
  • 12-28-2012
    Yohyat, we carry two lines of Crescent Moon Snowshoes for rent and sale. We are not open fulltime until Spring however, the shop will be open Saturdays from 11-3pm until April 15, then it will be Thursday-Monday (hrs tba). If you are in need at other times, please call 530 836-2ski (2574).

Thanks Ronski!
  • 12-28-2012
    John Svahn
    I believe Mountain Hardware in Blairsden rents them as well.
  • 01-02-2013
    Keep in mind - you can buy entry level snow shoes for under $100, and probably will pay $20 or more to rent similar ones. May be worth you while just buying, if you go even once a year.
  • 01-03-2013
    We carry Crescent Moon Silver Series shoes which are light weight, easy to use, durable and made in the USA. Cost is $15 for the first day, $10 the next and $5 for a third. Rental fees are applied against the cost if you wish to buy. Poles are recommended for backcountry and longer treks, we have teloscoping type as well.

Regardless, stop buy for a cup of locally roasted coffee and we can chat about winter sports in the area!
  • 01-04-2013
    thanks for the replies. I think my buddy Frank rented a set from you. I had to grab some in truckee because some of the people in my group needed boots. but we didn't get telescoping poles from that shop which turned out to be a bust. Next time!