mtbr member

Skeggs This Sunday

Are you in???
    What is a "healing vibe"???
    See our aid stations at the Tahoe Sierra 100 Red Star Ridge & Dusty Corners

www.goapc.org

swag ho Administrator
    Heyy, Can't make it. Also Skeggs is not that interesting right now because of seasonal trail closures.

However, if you can ride on monday afternoon, I can take you to the sweet trails of Saratoga Gap. 6 mile singletrack downhill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

francois

peanut butter
    Feb 2004

not to bust in....

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Heyy, Can't make it. Also Skeggs is not that interesting right now because of seasonal trail closures.

However, if you can ride on monday afternoon, I can take you to the sweet trails of Saratoga Gap. 6 mile singletrack downhill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

francois
    ....on your conversation, but we were there about a month ago and when we got to the very bottom we got stuck cuz they were doing construction and they would not let us through for anything. AND, some hillbillies live around there and chased us off their property with shotguns when we tried to get around the construction. We found a jogger who should us a climb out that took forever and was a steep climb up.
    Have fun though.

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by downhillprincess
    ....on your conversation, but we were there about a month ago and when we got to the very bottom we got stuck cuz they were doing construction and they would not let us through for anything. AND, some hillbillies live around there and chased us off their property with shotguns when we tried to get around the construction. We found a jogger who should us a climb out that took forever and was a steep climb up.
    Have fun though.
    Yep, hillbillies with guns!

Where exactly is the construction you're talking about?? Is it in the landslide area leading to Stevens Canyon road?

francois

peanut butter
    Feb 2004

hmmmm...

Yep, hillbillies with guns!

Where exactly is the construction you're talking about?? Is it in the landslide area leading to Stevens Canyon road?

francois
    The best way to describe it is when you get to the very bottom and then you ride out and you are seconds from the paved road...you just pass the first house you see on the left that has a bridge leading to it and bam...dudes in orange being jerks...
    We had to climb up this steep as heck hill passed a graveyard and back eventually to Charcoal road ...though we got lost which was a good thing cuz we ended up in a residential area and found our trucks at the bottom, versus climbing Charcoal road back up.
    They could be over it by now, so maybe drive to the very bottom first and see if you see any construction signs. I took a group of my friends that are hardcore DHers and they about killed me with the climb out....kinda funny.

mtbr member

Hey.....

[SIZE=2]Hey....I might take you up on that.....not sure if I can on Monday....I will know by Sunday morning.....Are you already planning on being there Monday? Where? What Time

Someone mentioned a web site that updates trail closures...Do you know of this?

s
    [/SIZE]
    What is a "healing vibe"???
    See our aid stations at the Tahoe Sierra 100 Red Star Ridge & Dusty Corners

www.goapc.org

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I posted about it on the other Skeggs thread. It's right here. I rode Skeggs last Sunday, and lots of the fun stuff lower in the park is still closed. The map of trail closures on the web (as of Sat.) wasn't quite accurate to what was at the entrance to the park, but it was close. Maybe some of it will open after the nice weather we've been having.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)$]

Don't mean to hijack the thread but...

francois
    ...do you know if the Peters Creek trail off Longridge is open again? Planning on riding Saratoga Gap this weekend and was hoping it's been dry long enough for the rangers to have it back up again.

Medium?

Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by MondoRides
    ...do you know if the Peters Creek trail off Longridge is open again? Planning on riding Saratoga Gap this weekend and was hoping it's been dry long enough for the rangers to have it back up again.
    They usually keep it closed until well into spring. There's a number you can call. Click on "Trail Conditions" on the top left of http://www.openspace.org .