bicycle rider

Singletrack High

Singletrack High Teaser from Pedal Born Pictures on Vimeo.

I saw this movie at Clif Bar corporate headquarters in Emeryville last night. It was so good! I am biased; I'm the coach of the Oakland Composite high school mountain bike team, my son Sam races on the team, and my wife works at NICA. But the movie was excellent, everyone in the audience - 200 of them I think - was electrified by it. The stoke was through the roof. It's showing at a couple more local venues in the next few weeks, and I'm going to try to get a showing at the Grand Lake or the Parkway in Oakland, and also hopefully at some of the high schools in Oakland. (Recruitment for next season!)

The brothers who made it are high school racing alumni, from Berkeley high school I think. The production quality is excellent. It follows five high school kids through a racing season. It's about an hour long.

Go see it! Share it. Bring kids and family.

Morgan
    Last edited by morganfletcher; 03-27-2013 at 10:21 AM. Reason: too much awesome

mtbr member
    Saw this in Santa Cruz. Excellent and inspiring movie. We should take it upon ourselves to help people that don't really "get" MTB to see what a positive difference it makes in some people's lives.

I hear that they plan on selling DVD's at Sea Otter and eventually online. IMO this is a must-purchase for Xmas gifts, etc.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I saw it in Santa Cruz as well. I race for the Santa Cruz Mountains Composite and the movie was great motivation for training/racing.

swag ho Administrator
    Can I get a hellya?
    IPA will save America

mtbr member

Singletrack High

Hellyea!
    You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

-Joe Louis

Urban Ninja
    I'm going to the Larkspur showing next Tuesday. Riding Tamarancho before with our high school team.
    For Sale: EPIC

Send it!

www.rayscyclebicycles.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by morganfletcher View Post
    Go see it! Share it. Bring kids and family.
    Agreed! This is a highly motivational movie. And great shots of some of our local NorCal riding areas.

Also, if you're going to Sea Otter it will be showing there on the 20th.
    My Cycling Videos: Vimeo | YouTube | My Website

It's about showing up.
    The Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay has offered to support the production of an Oakland theater showing. We have been a sponsor of this team for 4 years as it is a very special circumstance.

Morgan and Lauren's Oakland Composite team is the original Composite set up by NorCal/NICA founder Matt Fritzinger. No Oakland high school had enough interest on its own to create a team. The function of the "composite" concept was to gather fragments of mountain biking culture in Oakland's various high schools and bind a team together.

Matt coached OC himself for a few years and for 2 years it was run by one of the older riders, Ryan Potter. Dave Gane stepped up and ran it for 3 years even though he had no kid on the Team. Morgan and Lauren picked it up this year with the presence of their son, Sam, now with the team. This new energy bodes well for the future of this Team.

The success of this team has laid down the foundations for a model which has been utilized by Contra Costa Composite, the second oldest Composite team in NorCal, another of our sponsored teams. Currently 13 of the 53 teams in the NorCal League are composites. That means, where once there was no high school mtb racing there is burgeoning activity.

These teams are amongst the hardest to manage because of the wide distribution of athletes, conflicting schedules, and vague community focus for sponsorship. So folks, note this thread. Keep Oakland Composite and Singletrack High in mind.

Photo: Championship Camp in Tahoe 2008 with Ryan and Matt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Singletrack High-mtbrncinv08.jpg  

Last edited by Berkeley Mike; 03-28-2013 at 10:03 PM.
    I don't rattle.

mtbr member
    Too bad the movie is showing in Larkspur the same night as the FOCC meeting in San Rafael.
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

It's about showing up.
    DAmn@!
    I don't rattle.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Saw this on the Sea Otter email blast:
    The National Interscholastic Cycling Association will host a screening of "Singletrack High", a film about NICA riders from Pedal Born Pictures. Head to the Golden State Theater at 417 Alvarado St. in downtown Monterey at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 20 during Sea Otter.

J-Flo
    Apr 2012
    The film is extremely well done and a joy to watch. The best part is that my 11-year-old daughter says "of course" she is going to race MTB after watching it at the Clif HQ screening on Tuesday.

mtbr member

Singletrack High

Quote Originally Posted by morganfletcher View Post
    -->

MTBR on Facebook