mtbr member

Sierra National Forest?

Anybody ever ridden in the Sierra National Forest? We've got a wedding a the Tenaya lodge in Yosemite this weekend and I'm thinking about bringing my bike and the trail a bike so I can see a little more with my almost 5 year old son. Hiking with him kind of sucks right now since he can only go a few miles, and he's too heavy to throw on my shoulders for longer hikes.

mtbr member
    007 trail near BASS lake, got my mountain bike map at the forest service in Oakhurst, but I'm sure you can pick one up at the local LBS.

Local Rides
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    007 trail near BASS lake, got my mountain bike map at the forest service in Oakhurst, but I'm sure you can pick one up at the local LBS.

Local Rides
    Yea, what he said. Except get the directions all the way up to 0007, or go all the way up to the top of shuteye peak for a super sick singletrack descent.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I heard that Corliu Falls (spelling?) is a nice also. It would be the closest to Tenaya, near Miami Moto Trails, east side of 41 at the hot springs. Never been on it myself.

Medium?
    Dusy Ershim OHV trail is 33 miles. Not sure how it would be on a bike, but it's an epic route.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy View Post
    Dusy Ershim OHV trail is 33 miles. Not sure how it would be on a bike, but it's an epic route.
    Miserable. I only saw a rider once up there and he was walking/scrambling through the rocks. There are sections that would be nice to ride but both ends have lots of loose stuff.

C>

mtbr member
    Sierra National Forest?-img_1798%5B1%5D.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by csuder99 View Post
    Miserable. I only saw a rider once up there and he was walking/scrambling through the rocks. There are sections that would be nice to ride but both ends have lots of loose stuff.

C>
    Ah come on it's not that bad, here's my bike near Knight's Camp yesterday. I like this ride despite a lot of pushing. It's good to get on it before they open the gates for 4 wheelers and hopefully when it's moist (very dry right now).

loopy counter
    Quote Originally Posted by donutnational View Post
    Ah come on it's not that bad, here's my bike near Knight's Camp yesterday. I like this ride despite a lot of pushing. It's good to get on it before they open the gates for 4 wheelers and hopefully when it's moist (very dry right now).
    I rode the north end of Dusy Ersham just after memorial day. There was some snow, but most of it was very dusty. I probably won't go back for the riding, it's not much fun. I'd go back for the views, but that's a different activity. The south end of Dusy is more fun, up until Maxson Dome, but after that it turns to dusty rubble too.

Here's a typical technical section: