Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Sierra Azul Thursday/Sunday Ride...10am Kennedy gate

Looks like Thursday is gonna be good without rain hopefully. Anyone want to hit it with LG man and myself. Kennedy gate or Lexington side Priest rock start point.
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 12-28-2012 at 06:37 PM. Reason: LP stirring the bucket !
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    Looks like Thursday is gonna be good without rain hopefully. Anyone want to hit it with LG man and myself. Kennedy gate or Lexington side Priest rock start point.
    Cool! My wife literally (less than one minute ago!!! ) told me, “yes honey, you can go”, so I am in!!! What time do you have in mind?
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Cool! My wife literally (less than one minute ago!!! ) told me, “yes honey, you can go”, so I am in!!! What time do you have in mind?
    Let's do a wait and see for folks to put up what works for them. I am open but not wanting anything before 9 to 10am. This one is gonna rock ... mud wompin madness!

PRETENDURO
    This one is gonna rock ... mud wompin madness!
    Yes indeed! Think Dogmeat will be no-dabbable, or will it just be completely torn up?
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Yes indeed! Think Dogmeat will be no-dabbable, or will it just be completely torn up?
    Prolly too wet and slow tomorrow. Feather in ur cap if you can do it though.

Aussie Battler
    Dec 2012
    Was planning to get out tomorrow to see the sun. Earliest would be mid-morning for me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gregk2001 View Post
    Was planning to get out tomorrow to see the sun. Earliest would be mid-morning for me.
    Sounds like you're in for a 10 ish start eh ?
    ;

Aussie Battler
    Dec 2012
    ;
    Sure thing. Which start place?

Aussie Battler
    Dec 2012
    ;

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gregk2001 View Post
    OK ... we pencil in ...10am start. Pretty sure LP is in and lilysday may also make it. That would lean us towards Kennedy rd. gate start. We can go down dogmeat and back up power pole or head out to woods from that start point.

PRETENDURO
    OK ... we pencil in ...10am start. Pretty sure LP is in and lilysday may also make it. That would lean us towards Kennedy rd. gate start. We can go down dogmeat and back up power pole or head out to woods from that start point.
    As indicated earlier, I am still OK with starting the Alma Bridge/Limekilm/Priest Rock/Overgrown. Just please indicate before midnight. 10AM start sounds good though. Can you guess which bike I’ll be bringing?

mtbr member
    As indicated earlier, I am still OK with starting the Alma Bridge/Limekilm/Priest Rock/Overgrown. Just please indicate before midnight. 10AM start sounds good though. Can you guess which bike I’ll be bringing?
    Since I will be picking up LG man ... lets call Kennedy rd. @ 10am. More options to do whatever from there. C U @ 10 on the orange tractor I'm guessing.

mtbr member
    I am a slight...very slight, maybe. I rode Sereno this afternoon and it was one cold mofo of a ride. Dirt was good though. I'll try to be there but don't wait up...word.
    Peaut butter Tuesday, if you kow what I mea!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    I am a slight...very slight, maybe. I rode Sereno this afternoon and it was one cold mofo of a ride. Dirt was good though. I'll try to be there but don't wait up...word.
    Hey Josh, the group C guys will be heading up a bit later if you're interested .

PRETENDURO
    Since I will be picking up LG man ... lets call Kennedy rd. @ 10am. More options to do whatever from there. C U @ 10 on the orange tractor I'm guessing.
    Sounds good. See you at Kennedy @ Top O The Hill @ 10:00AM Pacific Time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassn View Post
    Hey Josh, the group C guys will be heading up a bit later if you're interested .
    Group C sounds awesome but my hurdle is time. My wife says I can ride but need be home by 12:15...grrr.

Hipster
    Hey looks like I can make it, see you there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Group C sounds awesome but my hurdle is time. My wife says I can ride but need be home by 12:15...grrr.
    Up for El Sereno at 10-10:30?

mtbr member
    I can't make it for the 10am start. I will however be climbing up St. Joes/Overgrown/come back and do more St. Joes at around 10/10:15. So perhaps stars will align and I'll see some of you crazy bastards out on the wonderful mountain of dreams.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassn View Post
    Up for El Sereno at 10-10:30?
    This came in right as I was typing...I can do St. Joes/Overgrown around this time. If you are wearing your steel ball sack today perhaps something new (?)...hope you like steep, twisty, gnar if we connect. I'll be on my Mojo HD so not climbing super fast.

I did El Sereno yesterday...dirt was good as usual but cold as **** up there at 4pm.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    The wife and I rode Kennedy up and back starting around 945. We spent time farting around at the 'false summit' looking for mushrooms (will post pics in suitable thread later).

Wife's first time up Kennedy. We got to the top in just over an hour of moving time.

Second wall and I need to spend some time together.

We saw a group as we were descending. Wasn't sure it was the mtbr crowd. I was on the niner, the wife on the specialized.

Fingers froze coming back down. Now Mediterranean food at Agape in Sunnyvale and then Sports Basement.

mtbr member
    I can't make it for the 10am start. I will however be climbing up St. Joes/Overgrown/come back and do more St. Joes at around 10/10:15. So perhaps stars will align and I'll see some of you crazy bastards out on the wonderful mountain of dreams.
    It was LP's mountain dream alright !

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by grumblingcrustacean View Post
    The wife and I rode Kennedy up and back starting around 945. We spent time farting around at the 'false summit' looking for mushrooms (will post pics in suitable thread later).

Wife's first time up Kennedy. We got to the top in just over an hour of moving time.

Second wall and I need to spend some time together.

We saw a group as we were descending. Wasn't sure it was the mtbr crowd. I was on the niner, the wife on the specialized.

Fingers froze coming back down. Now Mediterranean food at Agape in Sunnyvale and then Sports Basement.
    It must have been us. Was there a big dork on an orange bike with gigantic tires? That was me.

PRETENDURO
    It was LP's mountain dream alright !
    Yep. Finally got no-dabs up Dogmeat. On the fatbike, nonetheless!!! Cross-posting the Strava telemetry from the Dogmeat No-dabs thread:

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    It must have been us. Was there a big dork on an orange bike with gigantic tires? That was me.
    My wife distinctly remembers that someone asked us if we had come up from Woods Trails as we were headed down. And further she said "he had unusually big tires". So, that must have been us that you saw.

I missed the tires, I may have just been happy to be at the top?

So I believe we saw you. Good thing is, the wife wants to do Kennedy again (and possibly on a regular basis)...

-j

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast