Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 36 of 36
  1. #26
    PRETENDURO
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,778
    Quote Originally Posted by grumblingcrustacean View Post
    My wife distinctly remembers that someone asked us if we had come up from Woods Trails as we were headed down. And further she said "he had unusually big tires". So, that must have been us that you saw.

    I missed the tires, I may have just been happy to be at the top?

    So I believe we saw you. Good thing is, the wife wants to do Kennedy again (and possibly on a regular basis)...

    -j
    Yep, that was me. Next time, be sure to hang around and chat it up with us fellow MTBR’ers. Or come ride with us sometime.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

  2. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: squashyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2,839
    I am surprised you missed the pronounced ball-sac chin on the Porkkstacker?
    Peaut butter Tuesday, if you kow what I mea!

  3. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    937

    doin' the domestic shuffle

    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Yep, that was me. Next time, be sure to hang around and chat it up with us fellow MTBR’ers. Or come ride with us sometime.
    Definitely will coordinate. AR and I have been chatting. In this case, we were planning on starting earlier and being done (get out, get prepped, etc) before things started (didn't happen).

    I think I've convinced her to do LG -> Kennedy Road -> Climb -> PR/Dogmeat -> LG the next time. She's still getting her feel on the fat tires, but a good sign. I suspect we will do that loop Sunday or Monday. (I haven't told her yet -- Sunday is more likely).

    -j

  4. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    937
    Missed the ballsack chin. I musta been out of it
    Last edited by grumblingcrustacean; 12-28-2012 at 06:02 AM.

  5. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ancient rascal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by grumblingcrustacean View Post
    Definitely will coordinate. AR and I have been chatting. In this case, we were planning on starting earlier and being done (get out, get prepped, etc) before things started (didn't happen).

    I think I've convinced her to do LG -> Kennedy Road -> Climb -> PR/Dogmeat -> LG the next time. She's still getting her feel on the fat tires, but a good sign. I suspect we will do that loop Sunday or Monday. (I haven't told her yet -- Sunday is more likely).

    -j
    Time to post up your ... Kennedy ride Sunday ? LG man and I will show for it. Saturday looks wet. Bring Chum and make sure he brings that sweet SS?
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

  6. #31
    PRETENDURO
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,778
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    Time to post up your ... Kennedy ride Sunday ? LG man and I will show for it. Saturday looks wet. Bring Chum and make sure he brings that sweet SS?
    Sunday may work for me. I just need to check in with my wife first.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

  7. #32
    Puro Vida!
    Reputation: Nelson34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,289
    I may ride-but I'm not gonna hold you guys up-ill probably ride st joes or Kennedy. Haven't gone on a ride since last time I ride with Brett and Marco.

  8. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ancient rascal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Sunday may work for me. I just need to check in with my wife first.
    Let's hit it on Sunday. In search of grumblingcrustacean and Squashyo part #3 ? You did double the ft. gain I did and I was falling asleep on the couch when I got home. Marco took control of that ride and put the beat down on by bringing us back via Dogmeat. I was messed up after that one.
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

  9. #34
    PRETENDURO
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,778
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    Let's hit it on Sunday. In search of grumblingcrustacean and Squashyo part #3 ? You did double the ft. gain I did and I was falling asleep on the couch when I got home. Marco took control of that ride and put the beat down on by bringing us back via Dogmeat. I was messed up after that one.
    For sure I’d do the same ride again on Sunday, Dogmeat no-dabs and all!!! I am sure Marco will want to join us for it, as he needs to get his 500,000 footies for 2012 too! I was happy he agreed to do Dogmeat, I’m not sure I would have tried it if he (and the rest of you) wasn’t “feeling” it. Oh, and of course your positive words of encouragement helped push me up the hill no-dabs through the loose in-the-middle line.

    When I got back I was a bit tired (I am still getting over a cold, y’know!), but still was on my feet in the kitchen making the family dinner later on… and drinking lots of beer!!!

    Yeah, let’s get this shizzle going for Sunday, beeyatches!!! Same bat-time I am thinking (10:00AM).
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

  10. #35
    PRETENDURO
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson34 View Post
    I may ride-but I'm not gonna hold you guys up-ill probably ride st joes or Kennedy. Haven't gone on a ride since last time I ride with Brett and Marco.
    Well, Marco and I took er easy going up Kennedy and the three Båstard Brothers (a.k.a. the “Rollercoaster Hills”) this time so as to keep the whole “social pace” (not the Francois type of social pace, LOL!!!) theme going along. But we took no prisoners when taking on Dogmeat uphill. You should come with us dude. Take 2012 from behind like the whiny little bitch it is, and stick it in, baby!!!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

  11. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    For sure I’d do the same ride again on Sunday, Dogmeat no-dabs and all!!!

    ...

    Yeah, let’s get this shizzle going for Sunday, beeyatches!!! Same bat-time I am thinking (10:00AM).
    I'm still working on the wife on this one. Weather depending (today was pretty dry), we are going to ride around here tomorrow.

    As mentioned, our pace up Kennedy yesterday was probably C or D group (she'd never been and hasn't been riding too much lately). So, I will see if I can convince her to do Sunday. The urge to sleep in is strong

    -j

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •