mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Shops in N. Bay with demos?????

Looking to buy a new bike...but I'm going to need some climbs and rocks to help me decide on the suspension.
    Can anyone recommend a shop in the N. Bay where I can take a demo out for about an hour?

If they have Konas....that would be a plus.

Thanks for any info...

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Roaring Mouse Cycles in San Francisco has demo bikes. I don't think they sell Kona's, but they have a nice selection of others including Titus. Great people too.

Track Junkie
    If you're in the N. bay area, you can hook up with other riders (the few of us that there are) and try out each other's bikes. Sometimes that's the best way to do it, because you can talk to each other about the plusses and minuses of each bike without it being 'sold' to you.

What size bike do you ride? What type of riding do you plan on doing?

-B
    I get paid to ride shotgun.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbikegirl69
    Looking to buy a new bike...but I'm going to need some climbs and rocks to help me decide on the suspension.
    Can anyone recommend a shop in the N. Bay where I can take a demo out for about an hour?

Thanks for any info...

Hank & Frank Bikes in Lafayette has Kona and Giant and generally keeps demos of the fulls suspension versions on hand.

They offer free lifetime tune ups - which is good. The shop is 80 years old - which is good. They are generally gruff, grumpy old men - which you'll just have to keep in mind when talking with them.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Thanks!

Hank & Frank Bikes in Lafayette has Kona and Giant and generally keeps demos of the fulls suspension versions on hand.

PERFECT...those are the two manufacturers I'm interested in.
    Just called them and their Oakland shop does 2-day demos for $50...cost applied to purchase.
    Gruff and grumpy just means they are keep'n it real.

Thanks for the tip!
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

If you're in the N. bay area, you can hook up with other riders (the few of us that there are) and try out each other's bikes.

Yup...that is how it happened.
    Got on another rider's FS a few weeks ago and didn't want to get back on my HT.
    Just need a long ride on a few different models to do some cost/benefit analyses.

jrm
    mtbr member

Santa Rosa cyclery

Quote Originally Posted by mtbikegirl69

Thanks for any info...
    but they dont carry kona..

Medium?
    Quote Originally Posted by orthorex
    Roaring Mouse Cycles in San Francisco has demo bikes. I don't think they sell Kona's, but they have a nice selection of others including Titus. Great people too.
    2nd for Roaring Mouse. Titus have plenty of experience with women's bikes. They're right off GG Park where there are plenty of *cough**cough* bike paths. Do it even if you're not going to buy one...

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    2nd for Roaring Mouse. Titus have plenty of experience with women's bikes. They're right off GG Park where there are plenty of *cough**cough* bike paths.

2 votes has me interested.
    Says they allow 24 hr demos...plenty of time to drive to trails with decent test sections.

Thanks!