Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    2012 Race: April 28th!

Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by ZEKEDAWG
    20 miler
    Please introduce yourself on Saturday, I'll be easy to find.
    www.shastalemurian.com!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Will do.

I came over to register at chain gang but only had my Atm Card. I work very near there. Hence me always riding the river trail area.

Last year

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganMat
    Is that because of the descents? Or is the whole course rocky? I can ride almost any condition on my CX bike, but fast rocky descents will be an issue just as a matter of speed. Im riding the long course BTW. If the majority of the course is smoothed out singletrack with a few gnarly rocky drops then I'll be out on the CX. But if there are super-d style bombs...
    I saw a guy on a cross bike. I know he's finished but I'll bet it was a painful day
    www.shastalemurian.com!!

mtbr member
    It's going to be brutal getting up at 3am to get to whiskey town by 7-8. Who else is making the early long haul up there?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Fun race. The temperature was just right this year. Sorry I couldn't stay for the awards. I probably would have won the big raffle prize.

Any word when the results will be online? I was happy with my finish time this year but would like to really go through the results.
    2 wheels == True

Mountain Lion Bait
    Quote Originally Posted by iWiLRiDe
    It's going to be brutal getting up at 3am to get to whiskey town by 7-8. Who else is making the early long haul up there?
    I got up a 3AM. I was feeling it in the afternoon. Cool race. I liked the downhill sections on my route. Ended up...23rd overall out of 40, 4th in my class. No complaints considering i suck at climbing.

mind taking
    Epic: the only way to describe the Lemurian Classic.

Truly one the most exciting, dangerous, difficult, treacherous experiences I've ever had the pleasure to experience. For a beginner racer like me, this is what its all about. The climbs went on seemingly forever, the descents were loose and blindingly fast, and every resources at my disposal (water, muscle, concentration, my machine) was depleted by the finish. Today my muscles ache, my bike creeks and moans with every pedal, and Im constantly hungry, tired, and unable to think straight. I can't wait to put myself through it again next year.

Thanks for a great event.

YESBRO!!!
    the race was EXTREMELY WELL RUN! everyone involved was super friendly and helpful.

that said, everything michigan matt said ^^^, ditto.

lemurian guy, do you know when we can see results?

shsha x

john b

me on the inside
    Last edited by datenschwanz; 04-28-2008 at 09:17 AM.

I'm begging the web guy to post the results, but we're a freebie and apparently not his highest priority!
    www.shastalemurian.com!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LemurianGuy
    I'm begging the web guy to post the results, but we're a freebie and apparently not his highest priority!
    dang i wanted to see who beat me in the old guy long course. Wish I could have been there!
    Ride to eat, Eat to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin
    dang i wanted to see who beat me in the old guy long course. Wish I could have been there!
    We missed you Merlin, it was quite a day! Tim Olson's long course record was beaten by 3" 07" by Mike Vine, an Xterra triathelete from B.C. Age group results are below:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    www.shastalemurian.com!!

mtbr member
    We missed you Merlin, it was quite a day! Tim Olson's long course record was beaten by 3" 07" by Mike Vine, an Xterra triathelete from B.C. Age group results are below:
    Thanks Ron! I see I would been spanked even if I could have raced
    Ride to eat, Eat to ride.

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
    Quote Originally Posted by datenschwanz
    the race was EXTREMELY WELL RUN! everyone involved was super friendly and helpful.
    I passed 115 near the top of the big climb. Didn't see him come in until 15 minutes or 20 minutes after I finished though.

mtbr member
    This is my new favorite race! Downieville may give you one long 18 mile downhill, but the Lemurian rewards you with singletrack for every climb!

YESBRO!!!
    quite possibly my current favorite race.

Where did you ride Sunday Dennis?
    www.shastalemurian.com!!

Lusus Naturae
    Ack, I'm getting the plate numbers mixed with the number indicating what order the rider finished in.

menace to myself & others
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 0gre
    I passed 115 near the top of the big climb. Didn't see him come in until 15 minutes or 20 minutes after I finished though.
    That was me. What a brutal race. I've had hard races before, but I've never thought to myself "I am not having fun. At all." like I did during this one.

This was the race where my too-small bike really came back to haunt me. My back started to hurt at the end of the first climb, and broke down progressively after that. By the end I couldn't even take full breaths, it hurt so badly. My arms were so worked by the end from trying to compensate that I could barely work the brake levers on the downhill.

Ironically, I think the part of my body that hurts least is my legs.

I also managed nutrition badly (I must have bonked, in retrospect, although I didn't feel particularly hungry at the time) and had full-on cramps for the first time ever.

And, I followed a couple other people on a wrong turn just before the last few bits and rode up some random hill for like 5 minutes before someone finally wised up and we turned around.

Overall, not my best race ever.

YESBRO!!!
    "Overall, not my best race ever."

-but you looked FANTASTIC!

rj2
    mtbr member
    I really liked the on-site race photos and the post-race shade canopy.

Here's my race report: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...84887#poststop
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rj2; 04-28-2008 at 04:58 PM.
    We take care of your technology needs so you can focus on what's important.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thanks for posting the results. I was very excited to see the final results. Sorry I could not stay for the awards I had a diner reservation back in Bend for my girlfriend.

In hindsight I should have stayed.

2 wheels == True

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
    Where did you ride Sunday Dennis?
    Thanks for the offer too hook up and the route suggestion. We just decided to ride from Todd's front door though, we did a quick 15 miles or so some trails off of Swasey. Nice fast fun stuff without too much climbing. I actually felt better after the ride than before it, just what the doctor ordered. Managed to be on the road by 1:30PM and home by 4:30. Excellent way to end the weekend. Char was challenged by some of the climbing but she put out the effort and had some fun.

It was kind of cool, Todd rode from one intersection to the next during the race cheering me on and heckling me intermittently, I probably saw him 5 times during the race.

It was great seeing you and Gail again. I also ran into Chris hanging around by the beer coolers.

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
    Quote Originally Posted by sashax
    Overall, not my best race ever.
    Well I certainly could have done better, I followed your example pushing up to the top for too long before realizing I could pedal up a lot of that stuff. Once I got rolling past you I never saw you again.

This was certainly a tough course, I managed my nutrition pretty well, taking some cubes and goo on a consistent basis. I was pretty messed up for the rest of the day after the race, but not too bad. Looking at the results I was 20th in my category of 27... bottom of the pack but not bad for my first 'expert' level race I suppose. Heck, I've never even raced 'sport' before.

mtbr member
    This is the best yet...I put this one in my "EPIC" file...even though the climbs were brutal, hey without them theres no DOWN, and was that not the bomb!!!! Loved it, the event staff and the way it was run was GREAT!!! I just might consider this a race to fly back out here for next year...thanks to everyone!!!

Ed from Maryland SS #108

I also ran into Chris hanging around by the beer coolers.

Hey, that's how they pay me. It was fun just helping out. Great event as usual thanks to a lot of work from Ron, Gail, Jan and all the volunteers. Fun seeing lots of friends from all over come out and race or help out or both. I've had many great Lemurian race days since my very first mountain bike race there in 1990 (91?), so the least I could do was help in any way I could....and help drink their beer.

Great race conditions for sure. Went out Thursday and Friday marking the course with Ron, Mike and Gary, just beautiful weather and trail conditions. No wonder there were records set in several categories. Ron'll just have to add some more climbs I guess

Congrats to all the racers!
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5