Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Ride what you want!!
    Reputation: george_da_trog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,205

    Sharkies... am I the only one? NP

    NP=New Passion

    Am I the only one that fricken LOVES sharkies for energy food? I've gotten a bunch of samples over time and at first I wasn't overwhelmed, but they have since turned into my energy food of choice.

    http://www.sharkiesinc.com/

    If you haven't given them a shot, go for it.

    Maybe it's just me.


    george
    Trogs: Too Tough for Carbon Fiber

  2. #2
    Feeling a little taller
    Reputation: Dan'ger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,698
    Quote Originally Posted by george_da_trog
    NP=New Passion

    Am I the only one that fricken LOVES sharkies for energy food? I've gotten a bunch of samples over time and at first I wasn't overwhelmed, but they have since turned into my energy food of choice.

    http://www.sharkiesinc.com/

    If you haven't given them a shot, go for it.

    Maybe it's just me.


    george
    Nah, you're not the only one. Sharkies are 'da chit! Like swedish fish that don't rip your fillings out and you can feel good munching them 'cause they're supposed to have electrolytes and easily digestible carbs and stuff. Picked up a bunch at REI a few weeks ago since they were on sale for $0.99/pack.

    On a similar note, Clif Shot Bloks are good stuff, too. Picked up a bunch of them since they were on sale at REI also.

    The other similar food item that I've tried but not able to buy locally are Jelly Belly Sport Beans. Their website said that they would be available at REI, but I haven't seen them. I should just drive up to the factory and pick up a bunch...

    Back to the Sharkies, when they're not on sale, they seem kind-of expensive. I've thought about using my company's tax number to order them as a reseller and pawn 'em out of the back of my truck at rides. Yeah, that's the ticket - Sharkies, Sport Legs, Gatorade, Clif Bars...
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.


    Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ibisGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan'ger
    On a similar note, Clif Shot Bloks are good stuff, too. Picked up a bunch of them since they were on sale at REI also.

    The other similar food item that I've tried but not able to buy locally are Jelly Belly Sport Beans. Their website said that they would be available at REI, but I haven't seen them. I should just drive up to the factory and pick up a bunch...
    I'll second ya on the Clif Bloks, those things are great. I think I need to pick up some more. I have been looking for the Jelly Belly beans, but have been unable to find them anywhere. I guess I'm gonna have to give these Sharkies you speak of a try as well.

  4. #4
    Medium?
    Reputation: Fast Eddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,669

    Better than...

    ?

  5. #5
    Feeling a little taller
    Reputation: Dan'ger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy
    ?
    Yeah - no cruddy aftertaste for hours.
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.


    Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

  6. #6
    don't try this at home
    Reputation: moschika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,597
    i thought they tasted like cardboard. this was a couple of years ago when they first came out, so maybe they've gotten better?
    will you rep me?

  7. #7
    Medium?
    Reputation: Fast Eddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,669

    What a coincidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by moschika
    i thought they tasted like cardboard. this was a couple of years ago
    There used to be a guy with the same handle as you that we used to ride with...

  8. #8
    Ride what you want!!
    Reputation: george_da_trog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,205
    Quote Originally Posted by moschika
    i thought they tasted like cardboard. this was a couple of years ago when they first came out, so maybe they've gotten better?
    Really, so did I. I don't know if they changed the mix, or if they just taste better on a ride.

    I especially like how they stick to your teeth. It's like a time release energy food as they slowly disolve.

    george
    Trogs: Too Tough for Carbon Fiber

  9. #9
    Ride what you want!!
    Reputation: george_da_trog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan'ger

    Back to the Sharkies, when they're not on sale, they seem kind-of expensive. I've thought about using my company's tax number to order them as a reseller and pawn 'em out of the back of my truck at rides. Yeah, that's the ticket - Sharkies, Sport Legs, Gatorade, Clif Bars...
    Yeah, I've never paid full price for the. Either hording samples at an event, or getting them close out from my LBS.

    Yeah, must remember Sports Legs for the century next week, and The Punisher.

    george
    Trogs: Too Tough for Carbon Fiber

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    157
    sharkies rock. so do the cliff blox.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •