mtbr member

SF Boxxer Rebuild?

Looking for a shop in SF or even Peninsula who is familiar with a Boxxer World Cup to rebuild. I do most of my work for myself but this is new and just want to get it done right. I changed the easy oil already and have put over 20 hours on it to try and break it in but it's still sticky in the first inch or so of travel. Any recommendations?

Sorry, I did do a search and did not find much on the subject.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina L View Post
    Looking for a shop in SF or even Peninsula who is familiar with a Boxxer World Cup to rebuild. I do most of my work for myself but this is new and just want to get it done right. I changed the easy oil already and have put over 20 hours on it to try and break it in but it's still sticky in the first inch or so of travel. Any recommendations?

Sorry, I did do a search and did not find much on the subject.
    Sorry, off-topic. But your avatar image reminds me of my sons:
    IMG_0715
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    I sent mine to Push Industries. A little pricy but the fork is amazing after being Pushed. Downside is u need to send to them for tune ups. Still think it was worth it though...

jrm
    mtbr member
    Theres the dealer queue SRAM Dealer Locator
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

Old,slow,still havin fun.
    I'd try Passion Trail Bikes in Belmont, or Trailhead Cyclery in San Jose. They seem to be the shops most likely to have most experience with a DH fork.

mtbr member
    I would love to but unfortunately they don't do anything for the new Boxxers yet. Finding a Rock Shox dealer is not hard. Finding a mechanic who is honestly familiar with the World Cup is not as easy. Those were actually the only two shops I could think of myself. Thanks
    Last edited by Christina L; 02-27-2013 at 03:18 PM.