Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    fc
    head minion Administrator

Sea Otter roll call

Are you going? When? How many years have you been going?

If not, why not. 500 booths I think as the world descends into Monterey. This is the big dance now of the bike industry as dealer shows have declined and consumer shows have risen. You know... direct to consumer.
    IPA will save America

fc
    IPA will save America

Retro on Steroids
    Going with Joe Breeze, we'll be hanging at the ASI exhibit. I have lots of swag for sale.

I was the announcer at the first Sea Otter in 1990.

mtbr member
    I never really had much interest going in the past. However after going to Sedona and having such a great time I really was looking forward to going to Sea Otter this year. Unfortunately I am in a wedding that weekend in Hawaii. Sooooo, as tough as it will be to miss it, maybe next year!
    </robert> ::: B1KER.com - Be One

Moderator Moderator
    I'l be there for one day just checking out the exhibitors.

Captain One Lung Administrator
    I'll be there Thursday - Sun. Hopefully get to meet some forum peeps!

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by Repack Rider View Post
    Going with Joe Breeze, we'll be hanging at the ASI exhibit. I have lots of swag for sale.

Damn! My first was 1996. I'll look for you!!!
    IPA will save America

Hella Olde
    Benn going to the SOC off and on since 1998. Tried XC twice, and moved to DH. Skipping DH for 1st time this year (to much standing around in line). I'll be "racing" the 'Enduro' for the second time, and the DS for the first time! I grew up right over the hill from the (no longer Mazda-branded) raceway, and watched the early the Can-Am races from 1970 on. The most brutally powerful road race cars ever! Wouldn't miss the SOC! Party on people!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post

If not, why not. 500 booths I think as the world descends into Monterey. This is the big dance now of the bike industry as dealer shows have declined and consumer shows have risen. You know... direct to consumer.
    Never been, but thinking of going and maybe doing the MTB tour ride as well.

Question - are many of the vendors selling warez directly at their booths at good deals? Or is it just show and tell.

I'm assuming demo rides are a bit of lame show - given most of the trails are being raced
    on throughout the weekend.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothmoose View Post
    I'm assuming demo rides are a bit of lame show - given most of the trails are being raced
    It looks that way, given them small demo areas in the map. I plan to go for the first time anyways, as I am not sure when else I could ride a direct to consumer bike this year.

Hella Olde
    Some vendors sell, some don't want to deal with the logistics of it. You might be correct on the demo rides being restricted to the MoCo-controlled racetrack area, but if not, there are miles and miles of singletrack out on the BLM/Monument land that are not used for race events.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothmoose View Post
    Never been, but thinking of going and maybe doing the MTB tour ride as well.

Question - are many of the vendors selling warez directly at their booths at good deals? Or is it just show and tell.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Going for first time, just one day, probably Sunday. Look forward to it!
    I wasn't planning to race. I saw there was a kids race at same time and I wanted to throw my tikes into that.. main goal is to to get them hooked!
    Is the demo there legit? Like can you take bikes on trails or just in the festival space and skills area?

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshmj View Post
    Going for first time, just one day, probably Sunday. Look forward to it!
    I wasn't planning to race. I saw there was a kids race at same time and I wanted to throw my tikes into that.. main goal is to to get them hooked!
    Is the demo there legit? Like can you take bikes on trails or just in the festival space and skills area?
    You can take it on the trails for sure. Can have a little ride or big ride. Sunday is XC race day so most of the trails are blocked off.
    IPA will save America

190lbs of climber
    I'll be there Friday-Sunday. STXC is 11:15am Friday, XC 12:30pm Saturday, circuit race 3pm Sunday. Come out and cheer me on! I'll stop by the MTBR booth Saturday after XC, otherwise I'll be at either the Niner or Clif tents. Come to the Niner tent to check out some cool new stuff...
    ye' old trailblog: www.most-excellent-adventures.com THE BAY AREA... WHERE IF IT'S FUN, IT'S ILLEGAL

fc
    forecast looks good

Sea Otter roll call-screen-shot-2018-04-09-1.25.55-pm.png
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Racing the Enduro for the first time. The rest of the weekend is TBD.

Moderator Moderator
    Is it advisable to buy a pass in advance, or is it always easy to pay at the door? Not sure what day I'm headed down.

Track Junkie
    Another SOC, 23rd consecutive year (1995 was my first year).

Bringing the whole family, and some friends and their families. I have several camp sites side-by-side.

Not competing this year, just enjoying the atmosphere and the fun things to do with the kids.
    I get paid to ride shotgun.

Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    I'll be there. Trying the road race on the track. been going since 2001.
    Making shit harder than it needs to be isn't awesome, it's just...harder.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by B1KER View Post
    I never really had much interest going in the past. However after going to Sedona and having such a great time I really was looking forward to going to Sea Otter this year. Unfortunately I am in a wedding that weekend in Hawaii. Sooooo, as tough as it will be to miss it, maybe next year!
    I'll be in Hawaii as well. If you enjoyed Sedona, go to Fruita's Fat Tire Festival if you ever have a chance. Best run event by far that I've been to unless you're a beer swilling tent camper that doesn't mind camping with 300 others at your feet, MBO (Mountain Bike Oregon) is your Mecca.
    2018 Intense Tracer
    2017 Intense Primer
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    First time going! Thursday and maybe sat or sun. Iím excited.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    Is it advisable to buy a pass in advance, or is it always easy to pay at the door? Not sure what day I'm headed down.
    You can just buy it there.
    Unless you head in the venue at 7am or after 4pm-ish, then there is no one at the gate to take your money.

mtbr member
    I used to love going there but for me it just gets worse and worse. No mountaincross, no dirt jumps, no airbag, ride zone is too easy and I haven't seen anything about pump track race this year.

Hella Olde
    Agree about the airbag!! Also, as you mentioned, looking at the venue map, no pumptrack either. Is it becoming the E-Otter Classic?

Also - what the hell is up with the changes on stage 3 of the enduro? There is a prolonged uphill after the hairpin now? I rode that the other day and though it must be a mistake. I raced it blind last year and was trying to get a little practice in.
    I'm gonna be gassed before the descent begins. That's my own fault, but still - this is a gravity event.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by B1KER View Post
    Where in Hawaii?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    As usual I just go to race and then I get the hell out of that cesspool as quickly as possible.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DH40 View Post
    Also - what the hell is up with the changes on stage 3 of the enduro? There is a prolonged uphill after the hairpin now? I rode that the other day and though it must be a mistake. I raced it blind last year and was trying to get a little practice in.
    I'm gonna be gassed before the descent begins. That's my own fault, but still - this is a gravity event.
    A friend thinks it will be the same course as last year. According to him they also had this one posted on their website last year, but apparently that was a mistake.

You would think for an event this big they could at least take a few minutes to verify the course map is correct instead of re-posting the incorrect one from last year.

This is just speculation. If anyone has talked with Keith (cccx guy) or someone else in the know I would be interested in knowing what the actual course will be.

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by ohmygato View Post
    As usual I just go to race and then I get the hell out of that cesspool as quickly as possible.
    Logistics are tough for sure. But all the riders are rad. The families are really cool. And the bike industry people.... better than any other category out there.

Racing is the worst part of this deal IMHO.
    IPA will save America

ask
    user
    We will be there. No racing this year (probably)... just hanging out with friends and family for the weekend.
    "...That said, we exhausted the comedy material in this thread, so we're done here." -KMax

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    ill be there friday and saturday just hanging out with friends

Trail Gnome
    Iíve actually never been...so Iím not going to start now...way too many people, traffic. Pretty sure the Worldcup DH opener is on the same days

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Logistics are tough for sure. But all the riders are rad. The families are really cool. And the bike industry people.... better than any other category out there.

Racing is the worst part of this deal IMHO.
    I think you and I are polar opposites on this one. The only thing that's classic about the Sea Otter Classic is the XC race, which is one long continuous poorly marked single lap on crappy terrain. The last thing I want to do is "celebrate" one of the few things that still reflects mountain biking's roots of solitude and freedom with 75,000 other people.

Trail Gnome
    ^^^

Contains no juice.

Uh, swag is free shit. You can't sell swag.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/word...does-swag-mean
    At least you got a nice boat out of the deal.

DJ Trump

Trail Gnome
    ^^^

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    I did the XC race once back in 2001. For the last 6 years or so Iíve been going just to talk to vendors (you can learn a lot) and pick up swag.

Pro Tip: Go on Thursday or Friday to avoid the crowds and insanity of the weekend, unless youíre into that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Was going to go, my buddy is racing XC, but after realizing how many people are heading down there, I may just stay in the bay and have all the trails to myself

Aussie Bob
    Pic from last year cheers Aussie Bob !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sea Otter roll call-charle-kelly-aussie-bob-joe-breeze-.jpg  

Mr. Buck E. Fikes
    I'll be there Friday morning and will GTFO by mid afternoon at the latest to drive back down to SLO.

Regarding Paid Passes, I ask and never get an answer so we'll see this year. I have always bought the bracelet but have never determined what that gets me. Nobody has ever checked nor have I ever been to a point where anybody is watching for the credential. I just go into vendor area and look at all the shit in the booths and bail. Is it a requirement to have a paid pass to do that?

Moderator Moderator
    So will Demo and/or UC be a ghost town, or will 5000 people decide to ride them on Sat/Sun?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I think you and I are polar opposites on this one. The only thing that's classic about the Sea Otter Classic is the XC race, which is one long continuous poorly marked single lap on crappy terrain. The last thing I want to do is "celebrate" one of the few things that still reflects mountain biking's roots of solitude and freedom with 75,000 other people.
    As far as I can tell from C Kelly's book and Klunkers doc (and other similar themed books and docs) and my own experiences riding bikes since the early 90s, the "roots" of mtb was about having fun in the hills with friends. So from that standpoint, I think Sea Otter does a pretty good job of making the celebration of bikes "fun". But yes, it is too crowded and ironically, the riding options are pretty limited but it's still a hell alot of fun, especially the dual slalom comp Sat afternoon!

Mr. Buck E. Fikes
    So will Demo and/or UC be a ghost town, or will 5000 people decide to ride them on Sat/Sun?
    The latter. I haven't experienced it myself but in the past I have heard of plans by many that are coming from a distance to Sea Otter so SC and Demo are always on the "must do" while there list.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I'll be there showing my MultiTaskR truck bed rack by Exodux, booth 812, this will be the first time for my new company, but used to go every year with my old company, Hurricane Components. I used to race there also, road, geared xc, single speed xc and tandem xc. This year I'll be the only one from my company going which will make for some long days and no riding. Come check out my booth and introduce yourself. www.exodux.com
    EXODUX Jeff

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Jeff View Post
    I'll be there showing my MultiTaskR truck bed rack by Exodux, booth 812, this will be the first time for my new company, but used to go every year with my old company, Hurricane Components. I used to race there also, road, geared xc, single speed xc and tandem xc. This year I'll be the only one from my company going which will make for some long days and no riding. Come check out my booth and introduce yourself. www.exodux.com
    Awesome. Weíll stop by
    IPA will save America

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post

https://www.merriam-webster.com/word...does-swag-mean
    You've said this about 300 times. What is the right term then?
    IPA will save America

fc
    Light on sat/sun. But the whole week will be pretty big.
    IPA will save America

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    Iíve actually never been...so Iím not going to start now...way too many people, traffic. Pretty sure the Worldcup DH opener is on the same days
    Dude. C'mon. Every bike is there. Even ones with small wheels
    IPA will save America

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffg166 View Post
    First time going! Thursday and maybe sat or sun. Iím excited.
    Right on! I know many folks from around the world trekking to be tbere. Weíre already here.
    IPA will save America

Retro on Steroids
    Call them souvenirs then.

Sea Otter roll call-fattireflyer.jpg

mtbr member
    Will be there Thur through Sat.
    Looking forward to watching some racing and just hanging out. Always a fun time!

jrm
    mtbr member
    Going to be home recovering from shoulder surgery. Does anyone know if any of the races will be live streamed?

jms
    mtbr member

Been there, done that.

Might try and sneak by on Thursday, BUT, "been there, done that". I was there for the first one and others here and there. I think SOC has evolved in to and in a similar fashion, becoming something of a "Burning Man For Bikes".

Hopefully I'll be able to use the gravitational pull of the SOC to slingshot myself in the completely opposite direction for the weekend. That said, I hope everybody that does attend has the most fabulous of times. I'll say "Hi" to all the other trails while y'all are away.
    My Favorite Peeps:

ol'guy who says hi &waves
    I'll be there Thursday only. I'm looking forward to seeing all the old mtbr crew and checking out the exhibits. I want to throw a leg over an ebike to compare where they are now vs. 5 years from now when I will really need one.

I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    Going to be home recovering from shoulder surgery. Does anyone know if any of the races will be live streamed?
    what did you do? Old injury I hope.

Races streamed? Heck no. Few care now. The dual-slalom is always awesome though. And I never watch it.
    IPA will save America

fc

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FatTireFlyer.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	1192179
    That's very nice swag!!!!!!
    IPA will save America

Hella Olde
    Good to know!

~~~

Not gonna be there. It's not the same without your house and 5 gallons of beer per person.

Heading to Hurricane instead.

Moderator Moderator

Name:	FatTireFlyer.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	1192179
    I'll pre order one! How much??

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by tburger View Post
    Not gonna be there. It's not the same without your house and 5 gallons of beer per person.

Heading to Hurricane instead.
    Dammit brah. Oh that house. Sigh.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    I'm hosting my best friend's bachelor party in South Lake Tahoe that weekend. (How could one resist a 4/20 bachelor weekend kickoff date?).

It's also the weekend my new bike is supposed to come in.
    East Bay Parks AKA East Bay Cattle Ranches

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sfmtber View Post
    As far as I can tell from C Kelly's book and Klunkers doc (and other similar themed books and docs) and my own experiences riding bikes since the early 90s, the "roots" of mtb was about having fun in the hills with friends.
    I have about 20 people who I get to race with for a couple hours and then about half a dozen other people there who I consider friends. I don't care for most of the rest of the 75,000 other people.

It's just a tradeshow and a bunch of family camping that smells like raw sewage. That's not my idea of mountain biking.

Quote Originally Posted by sfmtber View Post
    the riding options are pretty limited
    I hope you're joking. The amateur XC course (not pro, which is a pathetic excuse for a course designed to optimize the spectators' experience) is a single 30 mile loop. You could probably link together a 100 mile loop out there if you really wanted to. Maybe if you don't like riding your bicycle up hills you would have a hard time finding mountain biking opportunities there.

fc
    One of the changes this year is no more Mazda. Sponsor is now the floor mat company. Good company but man this logo is a disaster.

Sea Otter roll call-9c3f18cc-2789-40f4-bb9a-3f67de81541f.jpg
    IPA will save America

Moderator Moderator
    May 2009
    My wife and I will be there Friday before the weekend crowds have descended. Really enjoy visiting the exhibitor's booths and capturing a few shirts in order to remain the best dressed dude in "the OC" for the next year.

jrm
    mtbr member
    Yep...Redbull TV live

jrm
    mtbr member
    Or the tri tip that lasted like 30 seconds..

jrm
    mtbr member
    Osteoarthritis. I remember the ST XC race being on you tube once. If not there's always the 2nd weekend Coachella live stream.....

Hella Olde
    One of the changes this year is no more Mazda. Sponsor is now the floor mat company. Good company but man this logo is a disaster.

Name:	9c3f18cc-2789-40f4-bb9a-3f67de81541f.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	1192233
    Haha 3 different fonts and a grainy course map doesn't do it for you? The big Mazda M was still atop the scoring tower last weekend. Gonna take a big crane for that. Too bad they can't just invert it - "W"

fc
    Haha 3 different fonts and a grainy course map doesn't do it for you? The big Mazda M was still atop the scoring tower last weekend. Gonna take a big crane for that. Too bad they can't just invert it - "W"
    No more Mazda VIP parking???
    IPA will save America

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    Osteoarthritis. I remember the ST XC race being on you tube once. If not there's always the 2nd weekend Coachella live stream.....
    That's when XC racing was big. Think Paula Pezzo. Welcome to our golden years.
    IPA will save America

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by fos'l View Post
    My wife and I will be there Friday before the weekend crowds have descended. Really enjoy visiting the exhibitor's booths and capturing a few shirts in order to remain the best dressed dude in "the OC" for the next year.
    Yep, thurs/friday is the best time to go since parking and logistics is a bear. Best to bring a bike Just to get to and from the parking lots.

Mtbr booth will have a big paddock area bike parking.
    IPA will save America

Hella Olde
    Good question but I think the SOC is a Subaru event. I'll be in the beat-down Honda minivan corral.

Moderator Moderator
    May 2009
    Yep, thurs/friday is the best time to go since parking and logistics is a bear. Best to bring a bike Just to get to and from the parking lots.

Mtbr booth will have a big paddock area bike parking.
    Next best is our Outback that parks up front. Having journalist's badges doesn't hurt either.

AD
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Not been before, racing DH so will be there on Friday and Saturday, looking forward to it!

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    Not been before, racing DH so will be there on Friday and Saturday, looking forward to it!
    You're in for a treat. It might eclipse Eurobike this year.

It's very weather dependent as far as fun and attendance. Looks ideal this year so far.
    IPA will save America

Hella Olde
    Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    Sorry in advance for the lack of elevation on the DH course!

fc
    Sorry in advance for the lack of elevation on the DH course!
    Sorry in advance for all those trails.
    IPA will save America

190lbs of climber
    (not pro, which is a pathetic excuse for a course designed to optimize the spectators' experience)
    If you think that's true, you've never raced pro XC. The amateur XC course becomes a road race for the pros, with ludicrous average speeds, nothing steep or technical to differentiate riders, and limited passing opportunities. It turns into a few large packs. We literally draft each other going up the fire roads. The big loop is fun to ride, but a bad race course for the faster categories, and not just because of a lack of spectating opportunities.

In 2013 we raced two big laps and I averaged 16.1 mph

In 2014 we raced just one big lap, and I averaged 16.6 mph(!!!)
    I finished in the mid 20's, 5-7 minutes back, so the lead guys were going close to 20mph.

While I wouldn't drive to Monterey to just ride the pro XC course, it's actually really fun to go full-gas on. At race pace, speeds are ~15mph average, and the steeper climbs and sketchy off camber descents break it up into small groups.
    ye' old trailblog: www.most-excellent-adventures.com THE BAY AREA... WHERE IF IT'S FUN, IT'S ILLEGAL

Hella Olde
    Zing!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Had a streak of 6 years straight but, not able to go this year due to a few of life's "hiccups".. will try to start another streak next year.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    I will roll in Friday and will be doing womens beginner downhill and also cross country... .. any thoughts on how bad entry traffic is in the morning? Stayin' offsite in Carmel Valley and not sure how early I'm going to need to arrive just to park!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    FC, looking forward to it, see you there.
    EXODUX Jeff

Hella Olde
    Quote Originally Posted by Jencine View Post
    I will roll in Friday and will be doing womens beginner downhill and also cross country... .. any thoughts on how bad entry traffic is in the morning? Stayin' offsite in Carmel Valley and not sure how early I'm going to need to arrive just to park!
    Well, what can suck coming over Los Laureles grade from CV Village (my hometown), is that you need to drive all the way down 68 to the official event entrance and double back in a procession of cars to the venue. Regular folks can't get in the main racetrack entrance near LL grade and 68 without a good story or credentials of some kind. I would give yourself an hour from the Village to getting your number plates to be safe.

For Cat 3 DH, since you'll already have your number and practice runs on Friday, it shouldn't be a problem getting there in time for your start (which will be posted the day before, and will probably be somewhat later than the start of the race time). Injury delays are common, and the waiting in line to start... Have fun!! I'm skipping the DH for the first time in years to free up a day for stress-free chillin.

For Thursday amatuer Enduro racers arriving that AM it's extra hectic - get your number plate between 7-7:30. maybe get 1 practice run on the DH course (stage 1), a couple of practice runs on the DS course (stage 4), and right into racing (Stage 1 DH, stages 2 and 3 blind, stage 4 DS). I'm driving down to CV Wed night from SF and trying to pull off the same thing. Not a great way to start a day of racing.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Menso View Post
    If you think that's true, you've never raced pro XC. The amateur XC course becomes a road race for the pros, with ludicrous average speeds, nothing steep or technical to differentiate riders, and limited passing opportunities. It turns into a few large packs. We literally draft each other going up the fire roads. The big loop is fun to ride, but a bad race course for the faster categories, and not just because of a lack of spectating opportunities.

In 2013 we raced two big laps and I averaged 16.1 mph

In 2014 we raced just one big lap, and I averaged 16.6 mph(!!!)
    I finished in the mid 20's, 5-7 minutes back, so the lead guys were going close to 20mph.

While I wouldn't drive to Monterey to just ride the pro XC course, it's actually really fun to go full-gas on. At race pace, speeds are ~15mph average, and the steeper climbs and sketchy off camber descents break it up into small groups.
    This is one of many reasons I decided I never wanted to go pro. I don't like riding around a 3 mile loop over and over again.

I agree that riding the amateur XC course with 100 other people in the cat would suck, but then that's just reason #2 why I never wanted to go pro - riding with 100 other people isn't fun.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I haven't had any problems when I get there later in the day to pick up my race junk on Friday and then again super early Sunday morning. I don't know how it is coming in from the Carmel Valley side though.

rj2
    mtbr member
    Racing old man XC Sunday morning. I'll be there for the weekend.
    We take care of your technology needs so you can focus on what's important.

Moderator Moderator
    May 2009
    According to Bicycle Retailer and Industry News (BRAIN), all 500 exhibitor's spots have sold out.

fc
    Arrive very early. A couple hours before. On Fridays, they often close the highway 68 entrance since that is a major road for commute traffic. so you have to on the back entrance which is near Seaside. Parking is very far. Best when biking.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Arrive very early. A couple hours before. On Fridays, they often close the highway 68 entrance since that is a major road for commute traffic. so you have to on the back entrance which is near Seaside. Parking is very far. Best when biking.
    Ouch. For those of us with more flexible arrival schedules on Friday, maybe it makes more sense to show up at 10am or later, to avoid some of the traffic?

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeggs1993 View Post
    Ouch. For those of us with more flexible arrival schedules on Friday, maybe it makes more sense to show up at 10am or later, to avoid some of the traffic?
    Maybe park further away and Uber/Lyft it?

Hella Olde
    Maybe park further away and Uber/Lyft it?
    Ewww gross! Ban Rideshare!

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Will be out there with a buncha other locals again like every year.
    Thursday thru Sunday.

Party's.
    Beers.
    Bikes.

What more could one want.....
    "There's two kinds of people in this world - Walkers and Talkers." Which one are you?

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by DMFT View Post
    Will be out there with a buncha other locals again like every year.
    Thursday thru Sunday.

Party's.
    Beers.
    Bikes.

What more could one want.....
    damn. full pull!

How's the poison oak?
    IPA will save America

Hella Olde
    damn. full pull!

How's the poison oak?
    The poison oak is well under control. I believe the goats ate most of the young sprigs in many areas.

Contains no juice.
    You've said this about 300 times. What is the right term then?
    300 times?!? I've told you a million times not to exaggerate!!

DJ Trump

Contains no juice.
    Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    Big mistake. You go, you will be hooked. It's a great experience.

DJ Trump

Contains no juice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Jeff View Post
    Hey, man! I still have one of your Hurricane stickers in my sticker box- chrome, with a young lady on it, right?

DJ Trump

Moderator Moderator
    Big mistake. You go, you will be hooked. It's a great experience.
    Nobody goes anymore, it's too crowded.

Contains no juice.
    The dual-slalom is always awesome though. And I never watch it.
    Lol. Same here.

"Oh, they're racing now? How much for the mtb-themed cheese stretcher?"

DJ Trump

Contains no juice.
    Quote Originally Posted by fred-da-trog View Post
    I'll be there Thursday only. I'm looking forward to seeing all the old mtbr crew and checking out the exhibits. I want to throw a leg over an ebike to compare where they are now vs. 5 years from now when I will really need one.
    Fred, you sell yourself short. I would say 7 years, tops.

DJ Trump

Lusus Naturae
    Going! Friday picking up packet, checking out some events & stuff. Saturday 7:30 Carmel Valley gran fondo 90 miles of road riding. Probably won't ride XC next day, if you know what I mean. Too bad pro XC is same day so I'll miss women and half of men race. Hopefully Sunday will be back to get pictures and heckle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 281