Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    NONDURO

Santa Teresa Saturday morning ride 08/27/2011

9:00AM, Saturday the 27th of August 2011, the plan is to meet up at the intersection of Harry Road and Camden for a semi-organised ride throughout the Santa Teresa County Park trail system. No-drop ride. The plan is for a faster group and a slower group. Perhaps I can convince our regulars (including Dion, bigLarry, mboldt, etc.) to make an appearance. What to bring: yourself, bike, helmet, water, food, sunscreen, etc.

Santa Teresa County Park offers a variety of terrain to hike/bike/horsieride, from casual semi-flats, steep and loose climbs, and technical rocky stuff.

More information on the park and a downloadable .PDF map can be found here:

Santa Teresa County Park - Parks and Recreation, Department of (DEP)

On the last ride, I believe there were 15 people in total, which was a pretty good turnout. Let’s see if we can do it again!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    I am going to try like hell to make it to this ride. Very cool place to ride with some cool riders to boot.
    They never made the "Slowster"

mtbr member
    May 2011
    How slow is the slow group?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    This all depends on a number of factors if I can go or not

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I should be able to make it. Anyone want to ride out from downtown with me? It gets lonely sometimes on the road

Is this thing on?
    Quote Originally Posted by iamvinhamese View Post
    I was in the slow group last time and walked half of the Stiles climb, I'd say the slow group is pretty slow. Besides its a no drop ride so no one gets left behind.

I'm in for the ride and will be in the slow group.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Motorbacon which rout are you taking, if you ride pass Meridian near Kooser and Blossom hill area then I'll join you, I'll be one of the slow ones, maybe I'll bail out again at the same spot like last time, still can not get over the fear of going down the slope, need to work on that, last weekend I rode the Los Gatos creek trail getting up to Lexington res, the way up I can manage but going down the lithe dirt section about 100 ft or so I managed to eat dirt twice, braking did not help, the rear tire slid away from me and I crashed into a bush, went back up and tried the 2nd time with out braking and it was worse, picked up speed in a short distance, could not help but apply brake again and here come the bush the 2nd time, I need help with getting over that fear or some technique to control the bike when going down the slope, I guess it will get better with more Mtb riding under my belt, much different than riding a road bike.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Froride1 View Post
    I was in the slow group last time and walked half of the Stiles climb, I'd say the slow group is pretty slow. Besides its a no drop ride so no one gets left behind.

I'm in for the ride and will be in the slow group.
    Perfect! I am going to try to convince my gf to go if I can figure out what is wrong with her bike. Crashed last week at Quicksilver and now it wont change gears properly

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    A chance to ride with PM and Leopold......I might make it if I can tune up my bike in time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by D1PHAM View Post
    A chance to ride with PM and Leopold......I might make it if I can tune up my bike in time.
    Get that thing tuned man and get out here!!! I can stay till about 1130 or so. Hoping to have a fun time and not a hammer fest, well maybe just a touch!
    They never made the "Slowster"

NONDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbacon View Post
    I should be able to make it. Anyone want to ride out from downtown with me? It gets lonely sometimes on the road
    I’ll gladly ride there with you from the Chynoweth @ MUT trail connector if you want to meet me there—approximately 6 miles from there to Harry@Camden. Figure roughly 1/2 hour at a medium-high rate (14 or so MPH average, includes the parallel offroad singletrack section). Say, around 8:30AM-ish? Lemme know before Saturday morning. Plenty of fun hoodlum-esque diversions en route to the trails from there.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

NONDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by D1PHAM View Post
    What needs to be done to it?

Hipster
    I'll be there!

-Marco

NONDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by mboldt View Post
    I'll be there!

-Marco
    Excellent!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    DANG! I'm going to do my best to make it.

There's a fast group and a slow group. I'll be in the middle group.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Excellent!!!
    Man.....Looks like someone found their calling ! Great to see this enthusiasm. Bring them all over to my backyard/Kennedy one of these weekends.
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

mtbr member
    I would be there for sure...if it were a Sunday...I work Saturdays

looking forward to meeting up with ya'll someday!
    "It's not about the bike"

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post

There's a fast group and a slow group. I'll be in the middle group.
    Can I join you in the middle group?

I’ll gladly ride there with you from the Chynoweth @ MUT trail connector if you want to meet me there—approximately 6 miles from there to Harry@Camden. Figure roughly 1/2 hour at a medium-high rate (14 or so MPH average, includes the parallel offroad singletrack section). Say, around 8:30AM-ish?
    Seems like that would work. I'll let you know tomorrow though, as I need to figure out some weekend stuff

pro leisure tour
    Crashed last week at Quicksilver and now it wont change gears properly
    Is the derailleur hanger bent? I've gone through a few of those. About $20 and 20 minutes.
    If you see someone without a smile, give them yours

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyJay View Post
    Is the derailleur hanger bent? I've gone through a few of those. About $20 and 20 minutes.
    she took it back into the shop and they tighten some stuff on the derailleur and brake.

mtbr member
    I’ll gladly ride there with you from the Chynoweth @ MUT trail connector if you want to meet me there—approximately 6 miles from there to Harry@Camden. Figure roughly 1/2 hour at a medium-high rate (14 or so MPH average, includes the parallel offroad singletrack section). Say, around 8:30AM-ish? Lemme know before Saturday morning. Plenty of fun hoodlum-esque diversions en route to the trails from there.
    I am going to try to join you, but I need to figure out how to rearrange my kids Sat. morning schedules first.

I will be on a blue Titus, and meet by Blossom Hill trail entrance if I can make it.

mtbr member
    let me see if i can make this ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Well, I just got news I won't be able to make it

Sorry, guys... have fun!

Slowest Rider
    OK, now that I'm coming too, you won't have to worry. This trip, I'll take the slower group around the fun Fortini singletrack rather than straight up the steep rocky Stile Ranch. Those who want can ride Stiles on the way back. It's a lot less steep climbing that way.

As for speed, let me say you won't need to bring your bike to keep up, but it'll be more fun.

My wife might join too. She's even slower...

We'll greatly miss Dion.
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I'm primarily in the east bay but i'll head out down south eventually to give Santa Teresa a try.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast