mtbr member
    May 2005

Santa Teresa open?

Can't find info on their phone.
    I used to run tubes like you are, but then I got thorn in my wheel.

mtbr member
    You can find this info if your search. (408) 355-2200, press 7, then 4. Last update 3/5 closed to bikes and equestrians. I checked last night...might have changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally, and to the max.
    Totally open, Victor! Some mud at the bottom of Rocky Ridge but otherwise fine.

Slowest Rider
    Not officially open since 3/5 in my check just now. But I suspect it'll open in the morning. Quicksilver just opened up today and they're usually more cautious about opening.

Also, I have found occasions where the phone status isn't correct, but usually the other way around. I hear it's open and ride out there to find the trail head sign is still saying closed.
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Thanks, went to Kennedy to be safe instead.
    I used to run tubes like you are, but then I got thorn in my wheel.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLarry View Post
    Not officially open since 3/5 in my check just now. But I suspect it'll open in the morning. Quicksilver just opened up today and they're usually more cautious about opening.

Also, I have found occasions where the phone status isn't correct, but usually the other way around. I hear it's open and ride out there to find the trail head sign is still saying closed.
    Which one is the final word, phone or trailhead sign? One time the phone message said all trails were open, updated the previous morning. It was all sunny and no rain between the time of the phone message update and when I rode, but the trailhead sign was up.

I noticed on the trailhead sign, it gives the phone number to call for further info. I take that to mean that phone is the most up to date, but maybe I'm wrong . . .

Slowest Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Duffman View Post
    Which one is the final word, phone or trailhead sign? One time the phone message said all trails were open, updated the previous morning. It was all sunny and no rain between the time of the phone message update and when I rode, but the trailhead sign was up.

I noticed on the trailhead sign, it gives the phone number to call for further info. I take that to mean that phone is the most up to date, but maybe I'm wrong . . .
    I would think the trail head sign is authoritative. It's set and released by the Ranger with his boots on the ground, and takes effort for the change. The phone is more of a courtesy to the public, that they sometimes forget to update. And not everyone calls that line. Everyone sees the trail sign on the way in.

I went to Quicksilver instead today. Not as fun with no singletrack, but a great workout. The back roads on Randol were occasionally muddy still, even after days of sunshine.
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I rode ST today. There were a few others on bikes too. I didn't see any signage saying otherwise but I wasn't looking either.

Saw an equestrian as well. There is some mud in some areas I hopped off and walked the muddiest portions but from the tire tracks and horse tracks I saw others don't seem to be concerned with trail preservation.