ask
    user

Santa Cruz Ride Suggestions

I have a few days off this/next week... Normally I'd go to Demo or Skeggs, but I'd like to check out some other spots. I've been to Wilder a few times... But it's been awhile. I'd like do some more exploring around UCSC/Wilder area. 3-4 hour rides... Any amount of climbing is fine. Just looking to sample some good SC singletrack.

Any suggestions on good routes to take or trails I should try to hit?

Blargen
    Park in the rincon lot on highway 9 and head uphill to the uconn trail. Ride throughout the web of trails and see what you find. Good trails on both sides of empire grade.

ask
    user
    Thanks PACS... Heading down to that area today to get a bit of a tour.

mtbr member
    Let's go hit that trail I have been telling you about next week, k?...you won't be disappointing! I'd join you for SC today but have three meetings and want to go scout a mountain. Have fun...surprised you don't know Santa Cruz trails?
    Peaut butter Tuesday, if you kow what I mea!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'd like to hit up UC as well sometime, but have ride plans for sat/sun this weekend.

singletrack bound
    Quote Originally Posted by randomroot View Post
    I'd like to hit up UC as well sometime, but have ride plans for sat/sun this weekend.
    I'll be out there later this afternoon coming up from Santa Cruz.
    Sorrel Seeker !!

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ask View Post
    Thanks PACS... Heading down to that area today to get a bit of a tour.
    You want a tour? Let me check your chiclets first...

ok, you're in.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    You want a tour? Let me check your chiclets first...

ok, you're in.
    Hey, I want a tour too
    I know my way around but, I don't get down that way too often. So, I don't know all the good trails

singletrack bound
    up the bike path and up to Empire Grade Twin Gates and back down uconn and back to Santa Cruz. uconn was in great shape coming down as was all the other bits on the ridge up and back.
    Have fun out there!
    Sorrel Seeker !!

Ariolimax columbianus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone No Balone View Post
    I'll be out there later this afternoon coming up from Santa Cruz.
    Wonder if we crossed paths? Went and talked to my buddy @ phx ceramics for a bit and left there around 2:30. Rode up to campus and got back around 5:30.

singletrack bound
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeson View Post
    Wonder if we crossed paths? Went and talked to my buddy @ phx ceramics for a bit and left there around 2:30. Rode up to campus and got back around 5:30.
    Exact same time. Left the Pub around 2:15 and got back about 5:00. saw a few riders out but didn't recognize anyone. Just two of us rode today.
    Sorrel Seeker !!

ask
    user
    Bassn gave me a tour this morning... That dude is strong. I was beat at the end of the ride and he looked like he could go again. So much great riding down there. Not sure why I have not ridden down there more... I mostly stick to Demo and Skeggs. Planning to ride more in SC though.

Squashyo - you want to do that ride Monday? If not I'll probably head back to SC for more.

mtbr member
    Bassn gave me a tour this morning... That dude is strong. I was beat at the end of the ride and he looked like he could go again. So much great riding down there. Not sure why I have not ridden down there more... I mostly stick to Demo and Skeggs. Planning to ride more in SC though.

Squashyo - you want to do that ride Monday? If not I'll probably head back to SC for more.
    SC>Demo>Skeggs.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Thanks for the company Adam. We basically hit all the fun stuff but could add more on the Wilder side when things dry up a bit. You could easily make a big day out of both sides of Empire. When I build up my SS we'll definitely hit up the same areas.

mtbr member

Monday's no good...if you venture out Tuesday or Wed...there's another story. Bassn, you should join us...never ending buff ST!
    Peaut butter Tuesday, if you kow what I mea!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Monday's no good...if you venture out Tuesday or Wed...there's another story. Bassn, you should join us...never ending buff ST!
    That would be some good **** to ride with both you and Adam. But, unfortunately all my riding is done on Friday and either Sat or Sun... If either of you guys, or both, are up for a ride on Friday let me know. I have every Friday off

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Have you been up to the Saratoga Gap trail? It's only about a 25 min drive away. I rode it last summer a few times and had a blast. I've not made it over to Demo yet. It's on the bucket list for this year!

I live in Fresno, CA but commute to the south bay almost every weekend. If I had access to the great number of trails you guys have...... please don't tell me 25 mins is too far to drive!

Mike

Wēk Ss
    Quote Originally Posted by Huusoku View Post
    Have you been up to the Saratoga Gap trail? It's only about a 25 min drive away. I rode it last summer a few times and had a blast. I've not made it over to Demo yet. It's on the bucket list for this year!

I live in Fresno, CA but commute to the south bay almost every weekend. If I had access to the great number of trails you guys have...... please don't tell me 25 mins is too far to drive!

Mike
    lol!

ask rides Gap alot. The Gap is not that great this time of year. Demo>Skegg's>Gap

Blargen
    This probably needs it's own thread but:

Demo>SC>skeggs>gap

Not sure where I'd put Pacifica...maybe at the top.

Blargen
    Duplicate
    Last edited by PACS; 01-06-2013 at 12:58 AM.

ask
    user
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    lol!

ask rides Gap alot. The Gap is not that great this time of year. Demo>Skegg's>Gap
    Ya... I try to get in a Gap loop 2-3x per week before work when it is open. Nothing technical, but super a fun place to ride w/ great views.

Squashyo / Bassn - I'd be up for doing that ride one of these Fridays. I'll keep an eye on the weather and just plan to take a day off. (Squashyo - Alan will crush us on that climb back out. )

Depending on the rain, I'll probably go to SC on Monday... I'll just plugin the loop from Friday into the GPS and follow the course. Maybe give that loop a shot on the SS.

Wēk Ss
    (Squashyo - Alan will crush us on that climb back out. )
    bassn is a beast. it'll be interesting to see the stats come race season.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Ya... I try to get in a Gap loop 2-3x per week before work when it is open. Nothing technical, but super a fun place to ride w/ great views.

Squashyo / Bassn - I'd be up for doing that ride one of these Fridays. I'll keep an eye on the weather and just plan to take a day off. (Squashyo - Alan will crush us on that climb back out. )

Depending on the rain, I'll probably go to SC on Monday... I'll just plugin the loop from Friday into the GPS and follow the course. Maybe give that loop a shot on the SS.
    Nice, let's definitely plan a ride soon. (Squashyo - I'm not capable of crushing either one of you guys). We'll just go out and have a ton of fun on flowy ST

Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    bassn is a beast. it'll be interesting to see the stats come race season.
    Haha...Newton, trust me, I'm not a beast at all. I only plan on racing a couple of races this season and will probably start of at the bottom. My goal is to complete my first race, that's it