mtbr member
    May 2011

San Bruno mountain, to ride or not to ride?

I'm always eyeballing San Bruno MT but I've yet to hear of anyone ridding it. Is it not a memorable ride or do people just not ride it?

I'm in the city so anything this time of year close to home is a big +

Happy Pre Friday!

sftrydr
    SB Mt is co managed by Calif State Parks+ SMCo Parks.
    The road to the top is open to cyclists, no dirt trails are available for pedalers.
    This is the prevailing status of ALL lands(dirt trails) controlled by SMCo Parks

See link below relating to contributing to survey regarding SMCo Parks blanket ban on bicycles riding on dirt trails.

Fill out this survey, state something to the effect that riding mt bikes on dirt is what you are looking for when visiting the 15,000+acres(or SB Mt) of lands governed by SMCo Parks.

Rizzarazzafrazza on this despicable ban on bicycles riding trails that was implemented in 1962....

San Mateo Co Parks 5 Min Survey,

Quote Originally Posted by ryansod View Post
    I'm always eyeballing San Bruno MT but I've yet to hear of anyone ridding it. Is it not a memorable ride or do people just not ride it?

I'm in the city so anything this time of year close to home is a big +

Happy Pre Friday!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    ssulljm

I'm sorry I missed your post from a few days ago. Thank you for getting that information out.

Filled out my survey, everyone please do the same.

MUST GET OUT OF THE OFFICE AND RIDE!!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Is really too bad. From google map and caltrain ride, you can see there is an awesome network of trail.

mtbr member
    I often climb the road and eye the trails enviously.. I hiked it once (the main trail from the parking lot to the summit) and noted it would be an excellent (and easy) MTB climb. As I got to the top, an old guy on a beater came up the trail.

One day...