mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Sacramento to Oakland. Any trails off I-80w?

Hello everyone,

I plan to make a trip to Oakland from Sacramento. Are there any trails you can recommend that's not too far from I-80w for a XC or trail rider?

Medium?
    Rockville.

It's about showing up.
    Vacaville's Lagoon Park.
    I don't rattle.

mtbr member
    Rockville is good but I call that place the anti-flow.

Skyline is 15 minutes off of 80 in the same vicinity. Still plenty technical but a bit more open.

Skyline Wilderness - Bay Area Mountain Bike Rides [There is a path you can ride up from across the street from the College. That gets you to the loop shown on this site and makes the ride a bit longer.

This is the place where my avatar came from. Got off the bike to walk over a couple of boulders at the entry to a switchback and my plastic soled SPD shoes were useless for traction and I fell down while walking. Proud moment.

NedwannaB

How bout CC?

Quote Originally Posted by lardo View Post
    Hello everyone,

I plan to make a trip to Oakland from Sacramento. Are there any trails you can recommend that's not too far from I-80w for a XC or trail rider?
    Didn't see that mentioned and more XC then Rockville. Not knocking it but you did say XC. Don't know the Vacaville place mentioned but between those 2, and Skyline, China Camp would be the best for an XC ride and for when/if the heat wave returns. 80W->Richmond Bridge->Central or N. San Pedro exits in San Rafael.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....