mtbr member

Sac CX Series Wrap Up

The Sacramento Cyclocross Series wrapped up its season today at Laguna Del Sol.
    Not familiar with Laguna Del Sol? Ya, niether was I until I recieved the e-mails before the race. Its a nudey colony. Thats right, they raced today at a nudist colony.
    And had an obligatory naked race to cap everything off.

Anybody race this today?
    Any reports?
    No pictures please.....Unless its a hot chick
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006
    Yeah I raced in Single Speed A's.

It was a great ending race to the season. The course at Laguna Del Sol is really fun...good mix of fast open stretches and then lots of off-camber slippery side-hill stuff and that keeps you on your toes as far as bike handling skills. there was one set of barriers, and another area that had hay bales scattered around and you had to pick a line through them at speed....what made the lines in the hay bales really interesting however is that the spectators would move them around between laps so you never really had your line through them dialed. Pretty fun.

There are always tons of photographers on course, and one thing I've noticed about NorCal 'Cross racing is that Pro's/Elite/A riders get a lot more press coverage than MTB racers seem to do. Case in point, here is already a write up on the A race: Kachorek's Pace Reigns as Jenkins' Strategy Pays Off | NorCal Cycling News - Cycling and Racing in Northern California

As for me, I had a good 'Cross season. I won yesterday which gave me the season overall title for the Single Speed A's. Yesterday's course seemed to suit me well and my time in SS would have been good enough for 4th in the normal geared A's.

Attached is my overall season podium shot (we got sweet series championship jerseys), and an action shot that Mike Upchurch from Mad Cat snapped of me from the course. I'll post links to other photo galleries as they become available.

(also no for the record I didn't race in the one lap naked race...although about 15-ish people did!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sac CX Series Wrap Up-side-view.jpg  

Sac CX Series Wrap Up-ss-overall-season-podium.jpg  

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post

It was a great ending race to the season. The course at Laguna Del Sol is really fun...good mix of fast open stretches and then lots of off-camber slippery side-hill stuff and that keeps you on your toes as far as bike handling skills. there was one set of barriers, and another area that had hay bales scattered around and you had to pick a line through them at speed....what made the lines in the hay bales really interesting however is that the spectators would move them around between laps so you never really had your line through them dialed. Pretty fun.

There are always tons of photographers on course, and one thing I've noticed about NorCal 'Cross racing is that Pro's/Elite/A riders get a lot more press coverage than MTB racers seem to do. Case in point, here is already a write up on the A race: Kachorek's Pace Reigns as Jenkins' Strategy Pays Off | NorCal Cycling News - Cycling and Racing in Northern California

As for me, I had a good 'Cross season. I won yesterday which gave me the season overall title for the Single Speed A's. Yesterday's course seemed to suit me well and my time in SS would have been good enough for 4th in the normal geared A's.

Attached is my overall season podium shot (we got sweet series championship jerseys), and an action shot that Mike Upchurch from Mad Cat snapped of me from the course. I'll post links to other photo galleries as they become available.

(also no for the record I didn't race in the one lap naked race...although about 15-ish people did!)
    I always just knew you were a badass! Good work dude!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    Ripping fast. Nice job out there. Bummed to have missed out on the Sac CX series this year.
    My Cycling Videos: Vimeo | YouTube | My Website

mtbr member
    So a picture had been circulating around FaceBook.

Do I dare post it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    So a picture had been circulating around FaceBook.

Do I dare post it?
    which one? Something from the Naked race? I don't think those racers have anything to hide...