Is now still the time?

ROMP/Cupertino Bike Swap this Sunday!

As usual the deals will be the warmest under the sun on:

The ROMP / Cupertino Bikes Swap

Largest bike swap meet in the South Bay/San Jose area for over 20 years. Over 75 vendors selling road/mountain/hybrid bikes, frames, parts, accessories, tools and clothing!

Bikes for sale at the swap meet

When: 10am 4pm Sunday April 28th
    Where: 10493 S. DeAnza Blvd., behind Cupertino Bikes.
    Buyers: $2 entry/admission, no early bird shoppers

Sellers: Space rental $60/each and up. To reserve or for more info, call 408-255-2217 or contact sprocket at cupertinobikeshop.com. We ALWAYS sell out so reserve early. Day-of space rentals are an ADDITIONAL $20. Tables are $10 each to reserve.

As of now there are 5 spaces left for selling.

This will be the last Cupertino Bike Swap at this location! It's a good spot, with limitations. I don't know what the future will bring exactly...but I'm sure the swap will go on and on.

Seller Space fees go to ROMP for area mountain bike advocacy, and the buyer entry fee goes to the bike shop.

ROMP is a quiet success for advocacy. This part of the Bay Area has more legal single-track because of that.

Bring a pocket-full of cash in a variety of bills because change is a beautiful thing here. You can change that cash into that stem, wheel, frame, crank, chain-wheel, frame, what have you, or complete bike.

Name:  P1060448.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  25.1 KB

Name:  swap-300x225.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  38.1 KB

Name:  P1060453.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  19.0 KB

Name:  P1060475.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  26.0 KB

Name:  P1060462.jpg
Views: 757
Size:  20.6 KB

You can even swap your friends and ride buddies here!
    Have fun hunting down that certain part you need that is not on eBay, Amazon, etc.
    Be open minded, and discover things that you didn't know you needed yet!
    SOrCerer

Is now still the time?
    Bump for today. Fun in the sun. Bring cash and get some stash.
    SOrCerer

It's about showing up.
    Good luck!
    I don't rattle.

mtbr member
    Bought a sweet Shimano XTR 11-36 rear cog for $40.
    Saw a 7.51 pound bike, with gears and brakes.
    Guy I am buying Redline from totally flaked.

2 good
    1 bad

Is now still the time?
    Plymmer acquired a vintage Trek road bike. Equipped with a complete nos Suntour Superbe gruppo, a complete restoration, and broken in Brooks saddle, this bicycle, I am afraid, will make Plymmer ride even further away from the crush of humanity, and at higher speeds!

As for me, after an academic study of the 29'er and 27.5 revolution, I miraculously matriculated into the realm of fat bikes at the ROMP/Cupertino Bike Swap.

Sorcerer acquired a brand new Salsa Mukluk1.

Pics later. I'm just back from the inaugural ride. Verdict in two words: Awesome Grip

The bike swap meet is special. My wife and I sold lots of little things that cluttered up the garage, and made $450. We shared a spot with another couple of friends who had a very nice clutch of bikes and equipment (mostly used but completely functional well maintained full suspension high end Specialized mountain bikes which sold for $350, and some carbon fiber mountain bikes). I think they grossed around 3k.

In one place you have knowledgeable bike nuts of all persuasions and their trappings. Their cast-offs are curiously intriguing interesting pieces of technology.

An incredible reality show:

Give various contestants $2k, and have them buy parts (not a built bike) at the ROMP/Cupertino Bike Swap, and build a bike out of what they made, and have a panel judge and appraise the worth of what they have built.
    SOrCerer

Is now still the time?
    Oh...

As it turns out, this was not the last swap at this location. The bike shop is not moving.

A new landlord raised the rent, and Cupertino Bike Shop rent has doubled.

This is unofficial, but the scuttlebutt is that the shop will halve in physical size, and have equivalent rent.
    SOrCerer

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Oh...

As it turns out, this was not the last swap at this location. The bike shop is not moving.

A new landlord raised the rent, and Cupertino Bike Shop rent has doubled.

This is unofficial, but the scuttlebutt is that the shop will halve in physical size, and have equivalent rent.
    Such BS. Double the rent is F'ing stupid.

On the swap front, I've been going to this swap for over a decade and its been increasingly less successful for me (both as a buyer and seller). Its too bad, I've pulled some great scores over the years...but now you really have to hustle to make something happen.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com

Wanted: Syncros 27.2 x 425 seatpost

Puro Vida!

ROMP/Cupertino Bike Swap this Sunday!

[QUOTE=Sorcerer;10357189]Plymmer acquired a vintage Trek road bike. Equipped with a complete nos Suntour Superbe gruppo, a complete restoration, and broken in Brooks saddle, this bicycle, I am afraid, will make Plymmer ride even further away from the crush of humanity, and at higher speeds!

As for me, after an academic study of the 29'er and 27.5 revolution, I miraculously matriculated into the realm of fat bikes at the ROMP/Cupertino Bike Swap.

Sorcerer acquired a brand new Salsa Mukluk1.

Pics later. I'm just back from the inaugural ride. Verdict in two words: Awesome Grip

Fatbikes!!!!!!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Where are there other bike swaps in the Bay Area?
    Google searches are fruitless and only turn up old results from previous years.
    There doesn't seem to be any aggregating website that lists swap meets.

Can the folks on mtbr.com PLEASE create a forum or wiki for swap meets?!?!??

Is now still the time?
    The bump provokes occasion to reveal the ongoing rumor that Cupertino Bike Shop will remain at the same address but will halve in physical size in order to halve the increased (doubled) rent. In other words, the same amount of rent as before can only pay for half as much space as before. Please note that this is a rumor.

My speculation is that the escalation of the retail rental market discourages moving.

The shop is excellent.

The big upcoming Santa Clara County area swaps, to my knowledge, are Sunnyvale Sports Basement, and the Trail Head Spooky Swap.
    SOrCerer