Is this thing on?

Cool-blue Rhythm Rollcall: CCCX XC #3 & #4 Fort Ord, Still no changes .......yet

Looks like this one is on as planned, at least so far. Great weather is in the forecast. No rain lately means it's going to be dry and sandy, so bring your beach riding skills. Who's in and who's out? I missed the last one due to mysteriously passing out the night before. Ain't gonna happen this time. I got a clean bill of health and the wife will be out of town with her friends. So I'm racing even if I pass out and have to ride with an IV bottle in my Camelbak. I'll be repp'in Quadzilla in the big man class.
    Last edited by Froride1; 03-27-2013 at 05:42 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I should be there racing cat 3.

mtbr member
    I will be there in Cat 1. First race in Cat 1 and I am no where near ready to compete with these fools. It is going to be a suck fest and I will likely suffer the entire time. But guess what? I don't care. I really don't as long as I get to ride and give it a try. Did I already mention it is going to suck? Ok, just making sure. Don't worry Cat 2, I will pull over and let you by when it is time to get passed. It is the only polite thing to do.
    They never made the "Slowster"

PRETENDURO
    I’m in. Cat 2. I’ll be trying out one of those fancy-pants minimalist tires in the back, one of those super-fast 160tpi ones without a lot of tread. Oh, and I actually got my tires mounted tubeless this time around, I cannot believe how painless the mounting process was this time around—it was a tourette’s-filled afternoon the previous three attempts.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I'll be around mid/back of the pack Cat 2. Repping the Las Vegas Cyclery kit and the good ole Titus. Finally moved out here.

PRETENDURO
    Amazing number of people turned up for the race!!! WOW! Weather was just about perfect, and the course layout was really fast— sort of a sprint race with a constant fast pace. I enjoyed it!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I missed this one but I am definitely going next weekend!

Lusus Naturae
    Yep sweet race. Results up. Just managed to avoid last place.

About Us

From what I hear, next weekend will be the same course - but in reverse, mostly.

PRETENDURO
    Sounds good—looking forward to the 30th!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    ah bummer, that means some of those flowy sweepers are gonna be on the climbs now

Quote Originally Posted by NoBalance View Post
    Yep sweet race. Results up. Just managed to avoid last place.

About Us

From what I hear, next weekend will be the same course - but in reverse, mostly.

Lusus Naturae
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzitsmyUSofwtvr View Post
    ah bummer, that means some of those flowy sweepers are gonna be on the climbs now
    Yes, they're not as fun when climbing but I can guarantee you flying down the ridge on the other side of the paved road is going to be super freakin fast, not to mention flying down the narrow single-track that you get onto after the initial paved start of the race, thats always high-speed mania.

Is this thing on?
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBalance View Post
    Yes, they're not as fun when climbing but I can guarantee you flying down the ridge on the other side of the paved road is going to be super freakin fast, not to mention flying down the narrow single-track that you get onto after the initial paved start of the race, thats always high-speed mania.
    The first race did both and those sections are superfast. The climbing is a bit tougher but I like the longer fast sections. You just have to be comfortable going fast in the sand.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Anyone going next weekend?

-spencer

PRETENDURO

-spencer
    Next weekend or this coming weekend? I will be there on the 30th, rain or shine.

Is this thing on?

-spencer
    Yep, I'll be there.

PRETENDURO
    Anyone interested in carpooling? I am in South San Jose off of Highway 85 a couple miles up from the 101/85 connector toward Gilroy (on the way to Fort Ord). I can drive or you can drive, I’ve got a multi-bike hitch-mounted rack for my Prius.