Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Rockville Ride 01/12 hosted by BTCEB: Carpool?

I heard there was some good technical riding out there. I want to check this out but I'm looking for people interested in carpooling. I'm in Fremont. Anyone interested? For more details check out the Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I know you had the 12th in mind, but I'm booked that weekend. You dead set on the 12th to roll up there?

mtbr member
    Since I've never ridden up there I figure going to a hosted event with a well organized group would be a smart move. Depending upon the amount of riders showing up they break down groups with a team leader and clean up rider for (A riders: Hammers, B riders intermediates, C riders lower/beginners) with snacks and refreshments typically provided afterward. If you want to suggest another weekend I'll be happy to hit it with you as long as I have adequate notice to get clearance from the wife.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    I know you had the 12th in mind, but I'm booked that weekend. You dead set on the 12th to roll up there?
    And if I am free the weekend you pick, I'd be happy to show you around.....
    You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

-Joe Louis

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    What's the estimated time that it would take to hitup everything good at Rockville? My thoughts are, while I'm visiting the North bay it would be worth while to visit Oat Mine Hill. It would be a blast to make a full day of it.

Subscribed.....

Lightly salted
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbay Bomber View Post
    Since I've never ridden up there I figure going to a hosted event with a well organized group would be a smart move. Depending upon the amount of riders showing up they break down groups with a team leader and clean up rider for (A riders: Hammers, B riders intermediates, C riders lower/beginners) with snacks and refreshments typically provided afterward. If you want to suggest another weekend I'll be happy to hit it with you as long as I have adequate notice to get clearance from the wife.
    I've never done a BTCEB ride at Rockville, but I would guess that they might skip some of the "fun stuff" if it was a mostly newbie/beginner rider.

Lightly salted
    Quote Originally Posted by bassn View Post
    What's the estimated time that it would take to hitup everything good at Rockville? My thoughts are, while I'm visiting the North bay it would be worth while to visit Oat Mine Hill. It would be a blast to make a full day of it.

Subscribed.....
    I live 2 miles from Rockville and ride it atleast twice a week. You could hit all the fun stuff in 6-7 miles and around 1400' climbing. My usual Rockville ride is around 12.5 to 15miles with around 1900' climbing. I know the park well and often do just a quick fun ride like you asked about. Im also open to guide when Im free. I also ride there weekdays, since its close to home. I'll be riding there tomorrow around mid day. It would be a full day of riding if you wanted to hit oathill and rockville in the same day.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    There be guys that know the trails and ride hard and fast leading the A ride. fuenstock if your are avlailble The B.T.C.E.B. could use your help leading or sweeping ,there might be some swag in for you. There will be free adult beverages and snacks.

It's about showing up.

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay Gala at Rockville

The BTCEB Gala Rides, regardless of where they take place, support all levels of riders from noobs to hammers. In broad brushstrokes we create rides which serve the desires and abilities (skill, stamina, fun factor) for each group every 2nd Saturday of the month.

The rides are designed by the great local talent which exists amongst our friends and membership. We have top riders, skills instructors,industry folk, even racers in our A group and dozens of experienced riders who support each group including seasoned coaches and veterans of 20-25 years. In addition each venue has its own devotees who bring added richness to the whole deal.

The routes are pre-planned but flex with the needs of the group. Groups generally go out in separate directions to spread the riders out, helpful especially in such a small park as Rockville. The B group, the mid-level group, tends to be the largest, and very frequently splits into several sub-groups, still with substantial leadership and support. Rides depart after splitting into groups at about 9:30 with the return of the groups targeted for 12-12:30.

We have a social "hour" afterwards which includes beers, gatorade, water and such along with salty snacks, dips, slices fruits, and often sliced meats. We are picky about our beer.

Remember that there is a $3 day use fee at this park and we want to support the park; we warned Ranger Teri we were coming.

Go to our Meetup page to RSVP:

BTCEB Gala Ride - Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay (Berkeley, CA) - Meetup

The BTCEB Gala ride is open to just about anyone, member or not, and without charge. Donations are always welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rockville Ride 01/12 hosted by BTCEB: Carpool?-20121120_6526e.jpg  

Rockville Ride 01/12 hosted by BTCEB: Carpool?-e178680302.jpg  

I don't rattle.

My spoon is too big!
    I'm also in Fremont, and heading up for the gala. I'd be up to carpool, but I won't be able to hang around for the social hour.

Rockville is a great park, especially if you like technical trails. If I lived closer, I'd be there all the time. If you've ever wanted to check out the place, a BTCEB gala is a good time to do it.
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by fuenstock View Post
    I've never done a BTCEB ride at Rockville, but I would guess that they might skip some of the "fun stuff" if it was a mostly newbie/beginner rider.
    It's an all-skills ride. It will be broken into sub groups of Advanced, Intermediate and Beginner riders. We've had as many as 75 people come to this annual event.
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by medieval View Post
    ...and heading up for the gala...

Yay! It will be good to see you!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan'ger View Post
    It's an all-skills ride. It will be broken into sub groups of Advanced, Intermediate and Beginner riders. We've had as many as 75 people come to this annual event.
    Dan - you bringing the kids or riding solo? If solo which group?
    You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

-Joe Louis

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ0913 View Post
    Dan - you bringing the kids or riding solo? If solo which group?
    Solo. Probably B. Maybe C. I haven't really ridden in about a month.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbay Bomber View Post
    I heard there was some good technical riding out there. I want to check this out but I'm looking for people interested in carpooling. I'm in Fremont. Anyone interested? For more details check out the Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay.
    in Union City and interested in carpooling up. wife gave me the green, parole office gave me the green (as long as its in state)

you driving?

Lightly salted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan'ger View Post
    Sounds like it will be a fun group ride!

Lightly salted
    Quote Originally Posted by rangeriderdave View Post
    There be guys that know the trails and ride hard and fast leading the A ride. fuenstock if your are avlailble The B.T.C.E.B. could use your help leading or sweeping ,there might be some swag in for you. There will be free adult beverages and snacks.
    Sounds like it will be a great event. I wish I could help out, but my wife is making me go to a co-ed baby shower this saturday. Belive me, I would much rather be riding!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    DAMN. I will miss this

It's about showing up.
    I missed this ride 2 years in a row. Not this time. Danger nailed it; technical. As such I will support the C Ride to provide instruction as needed.
    I don't rattle.

mtbr member
    Looks like two riders from this forum are interested in carpooling along with one from the BTCEB site. My van can take four rigs on my hitch rack and have plenty of room for gear. The meet up is at 9:30am so if Medieval meets me at 8am we can pick up Kilojoule on along the way. I'm looking forward to some technical riding.

Urban Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by rangeriderdave View Post
    Who's leading the A ride. I might join..

wg
    Fermented Grain Sampler
    Quote Originally Posted by jeng View Post
    Who's leading the A ride. I might join..
    Not sure. I'm taking one of the B groups this time 'round.
    Don't harsh my mello

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Anyone have an extra seat? I'm in Fremont/Union City

It's about showing up.
    A ride? Blain and maybe Ian; they own this place.
    I don't rattle.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    See you in the C group Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast