Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Urban Ninja
    Reputation: jeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,369

    Rockhopper MTB goes Festival for 2017!

    Hello mtbr,
    After pulling off two years of super successful races this year we decided to up the ante. Super pumped to announce...
    Rockhopper MTB goes Festival for 2017!-rh_festival2017teaser.jpg

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,331
    Coooool

    Now, is there some prize for both days using the same bike???

    Are XC riders banned from wearing spandex on day 2 so we enduro slugs can keep our cool rep in place???
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: hiphopopotamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    132
    Gotta say, the flyer artwork for this is consistently outstanding.

  4. #4
    Urban Ninja
    Reputation: jeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,369
    Quote Originally Posted by ziscwg View Post
    Coooool

    Now, is there some prize for both days using the same bike???

    Are XC riders banned from wearing spandex on day 2 so we enduro slugs can keep our cool rep in place???
    I'm pretty sure there will be a AM class. Not sure if we want to restrict bike usage. I've always thought that you use the right tool for the job. Perhaps we will restrict clothing instead of bike usage ;-)

  5. #5
    more skier than biker
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,191
    Quote Originally Posted by jeng View Post
    . Perhaps we will restrict clothing instead of bike usage ;-)
    Must wear same stinky kit both days haha

  6. #6
    GPzMike
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    191
    Does this mean no event at La Pena? I rather liked that course! (And I liked being able to race both...not sure the body will be ale to handle both events over a weekend)
    Cheers!
    Mike
    Oakland, CA
    2005 Jamis Exile
    2011 Trek/Gary Fisher HiFi

  7. #7
    Urban Ninja
    Reputation: jeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,369
    Yes it does. The trails at "La Pena" are destroyed beyond the possibility of our means to repair. That's why we taking on this event. Registration is up..
    Monticello Cycling Club – A hub for Solano County cyclist

  8. #8
    Urban Ninja
    Reputation: jeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,369

  9. #9
    fc
    fc is online now
    stoked Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    28,390
    So sweet Jeng!!!
    IPA will save America

  10. #10
    Urban Ninja
    Reputation: jeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,369
    Temps are dropping and things are shaping up nice for this event!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    155
    So i signed up for sport men 40+ and i am slow, will i be able ride at a time i will not be slowing down the faster guys. Never did a race before and not sure how it works. Doing it because im 50.
    Once a week rider due to work.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by brncr6 View Post
    So i signed up for sport men 40+ and i am slow, will i be able ride at a time i will not be slowing down the faster guys. Never did a race before and not sure how it works. Doing it because im 50.
    Once a week rider due to work.
    If you've never done a race, why not try the beginner class? are you doing XC or Enduro or both? How do you stack up against your normal riding buddies?

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater View Post
    If you've never done a race, why not try the beginner class? are you doing XC or Enduro or both? How do you stack up against your normal riding buddies?
    There is no beginner and not doung the xc race. The one guy i ride with i am slower then he is. Strava i end up about in the middle of the standing for most trails.
    I figure the fast guys take it seriously and i would hate to cost someone 5 to 10 seconds. But maybe that is just part of enduro racing.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ryanxj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by brncr6 View Post
    There is no beginner and not doung the xc race. The one guy i ride with i am slower then he is. Strava i end up about in the middle of the standing for most trails.
    I figure the fast guys take it seriously and i would hate to cost someone 5 to 10 seconds. But maybe that is just part of enduro racing.


    Use your ears and get out of the way if someone's behind you, no biggie. Good luck!
    Velofix.com for mobile bike repair in Sac

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ryanxj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,228
    I swear I looked on the website but couldnt answer the following:

    Does anyone know the total mileage/ele for the enduro course, stages and transfers included?
    Velofix.com for mobile bike repair in Sac

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: hiphopopotamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    132
    ^I don't know exactly, but I'd estimate it at about 10 miles and maaybe 1000ft.

    Long shot, but is anyone gonna be riding the XC course that I could tag along with? There's a few places that are hard for me to tell where it goes from the map.

Similar Threads

  1. 2017 WMBA Fat Tire Festival - June 11, 2017
    By bad andy in forum New York - New Jersey
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-08-2017, 11:08 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2017, 12:24 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-23-2016, 08:43 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-21-2016, 08:14 PM
  5. 2017 Specialized Rockhopper vs Rockhopper Sport
    By sahil04 in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-25-2016, 08:19 AM

Members who have read this thread: 151

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •