mtbr member

Road riding from Scott's valley?

Last year we moved to Scott's valley. Since then my wife has lost her riding pals from over the hill. Too hard for them to connect on a regular basis. Looking to try and hook her up with anyone who rides Santa Cruz Scott's valley areas. When she rides- we ride more as well. She has a hard time riding solo. She does like riding with me in the forbidden forest, but there are many twists and turns so she feels like she will get lost by herself.

Thanks,
    Steve

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Talk to Andrew at Cycle Sport - he can point you in the right direction.

Also, when Mrs. CHUM finally gets over the toddler 'Plague' she knows the roads around there pretty good.

there's also;
    Santa Cruz County Cycling Club

ride with y a soon - and I gotta get over there to try out your new pool table
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

mtbr member
    Glenwood to Mt. Charlie to Summit to whatever is good stuff.

mtbr member
    Thanks Carl, we have done some bean creek- glenwood, mt Charlie already. I rode the 100k mt Charlie challenge with Nick last week- fun stuff for a change. Mainly trying to find some folks for my wife to ride with.

Nick - your house has been plagued for 5 months now. I hope you can find a bottle of vitamin c for everyone soon.. Your family needs a break.

I'll ask Andrew next time I'm in there & I'll check out the link.

Off to work....

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    You can make a loop out of Granite Creek / Scotts Valley Drive / Glen Canyon / Branciforte, and it rides well in either direction. You can also go further up Branciforte for further options. I climbed Vine Hill one time, but from a cycling perspective, it just dead-ends at 17 (like Glenwood does). Or you can get to Rodeo Gulch and descend back down to Soquel Drive.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys.
    Mostly I'm trying to find folks for her to hookup and ride with. The kids are about 2 years away from us both bailing on them and riding together. We have not found a readily available sitter. I think/ hope that will change this summer after school gets out.
    But you know how we are if we ride we want to ride more. I'm trying to help get her out there again.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Smitty -

My wife has been forcing me to road ride (we are doing Strawberry Fields this weekend). If she wants to keep biking afterward, I can see if she is interested. Generally how fast/far is your wife looking to ride? Or what level/how serious?

-j

mtbr member
    She rides medium speed, when riding often will go 20-30 miles average. she can climb to the summit no problem- but not 'fast'. she did complete the grand fondo 100k santa rosa a couple of years ago.
    Basically if she rides with her friends she rides more with me also.

thanks,
    Steve

mtbr member
    Did they cancel Strawberry fields?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by smittylube View Post
    She rides medium speed, when riding often will go 20-30 miles average. she can climb to the summit no problem- but not 'fast'. she did complete the grand fondo 100k santa rosa a couple of years ago.
    Basically if she rides with her friends she rides more with me also.

thanks,
    Steve
    Steve - I will drop you a PM. I mentioned this thread to my wife and she seemed interested. She is a strong rider but not a hammer head.

CHUM can vouch for me unless his kids have looked outside and infected him with something again.

-jim

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Nope. Strawberry was on today. Started at Cabrillo, completely avoided the annoying roads around the Watsonville Airport (actually avoided most of suburban Watsonville completely). It was a great day for the ride. And you can't go wrong with pie at gizdich.

mtbr member
    Nice talking to you Jim,
    Was able to drag my wife and mrs Chum around our local trails last night. Thanks Nick for watching the kids while we played with your wife. They both seemed to have fun. Hopefully it will be a more regular thing.