My spoon is too big!

Riding north of Zephyr Cove

Are there any trails close to Glenbrook, NV? I'm going to be in Tahoe all next week, but am not familiar with this area (we normally stay near Cold Creek). I will have a car available, and plan to do a bigger ride or two, but like to be able to head out the door for a short ride before everyone is up. Cold Creek and Powerline were great for this kind of thing.

Thanks for any help.
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
    J. R. R. Tolkien

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I am sure you know about the Tahoe Rim Trail Spooner to Kingsbury. You could check this map out:

http://mountainbiketahoe.org/trails/

Thanks TAMBA for posting this map.

My spoon is too big!
    Yeah, I know about that one, and may do it for one of my longer rides. I'm looking for some out-the-door riding though, something that I can do in an hour or so, without having to drive.
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
    J. R. R. Tolkien

V-Shaped Rut
    Kelley circle (google maps) runs parallel to 50 up into the hills. I see trails/fireroads off of it when I'm drving up 50, so maybe go explore that. I don't know of any established rides out of glenbrook itself. Mostly golfers and rich folk in there.

My spoon is too big!
    Quote Originally Posted by big_slacker View Post
    Kelley circle (google maps) runs parallel to 50 up into the hills. I see trails/fireroads off of it when I'm drving up 50, so maybe go explore that. I don't know of any established rides out of glenbrook itself. Mostly golfers and rich folk in there.
    I saw that too, I'm going to check it out today.

Glenbrook is an odd place. The only people I've seen so far have been landscapers, and old folks on golf carts.
    J. R. R. Tolkien