mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Riding in Corning

Just want to thank you guys that helped this NC boy out earlier. Brought out my road bike(on your recommendations) and have already climbed well up into the Mendecino NFsaturday. Stopped by snow...that was cool. Went out to Black Butte Lake today. Lots of neat stuff to see llama ranches, buffaloe ranches,you name it, and best of all very few people. Wish I had those climbs in my back yard.Maybe Chico next weekend.
    TG

Coors, the american beer.
    let us know when you come to chico. Rode bidwell today and the riding was superb other than a little bit of mud ... i was only on north rim though ... im sure south rim is a different story.

Since youre in corning you should try and hook up with some of the redding guys ... the riding out theres actually a little better than chico IMO
    AZ has the best mountain bike gathering ever

mtbr member

If you are in Corning...

You should go to the Olive Pit and check out some Habinero stuffed olives After eating one of those, the jallepeno stuffed ones seem mild. They go great with a beer (or 4).
    "Time won't leave me as I am "

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry G
    Stopped by snow...that was cool. TG
    What road were you on? Very interested in any snow reports from the Mendocino National Forest. What elevation/where were you when you hit snow?
    I bet you took the A9 to Paskenta. Did you ride up Toomes Camp Rd., or Round Valley Rd.?

Toomes Camp Rd, turns into Ball Rock Rd., and Round Valley Rd., hits Log Spring Ridge with Hull Rd. going south.

Very nice road riding out there.