Ariolimax columbianus

riders down on tunitas creek rd yesterday - Todd Ingermanson of Black Cat Bikes

yo....gotta call late last night from a friends gf. couple of my bros went down on tunitas creek rd. black cat bikes todd and kb that teaches the bike class at school at my site. details are sketchy but it looks like a car was involved, both riders at stanford now. knowing those guys it mighta been a mixed terrain ride. anyone hear of anything else?

swag ho Administrator
    If it's Todd, it is not good at all. That guy is such a great rider so he must have been hit.

NAHBS 2012 - Black Cat Bicycles SS 29er - YouTube

fc
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    i've met Todd a few times and see his girlfriend all over the place. Both are incredible riders. I really hope everyone is safe and sound.

Ariolimax columbianus
    it was definitely todd, his gf was the one who called last night. both guys are alive, just super banged up. something about coming around a corner and there was a car.

Save Jesus
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeson View Post
    something about coming around a corner and there was a car.
    Tunitas Creek Road is like that.

swag ho Administrator
    Holy crap.

---------

Two bike riders injured in weekend crash

Posted: Monday, April 29, 2013 1:20 pm
    By Mark Noack [ mark@hmbreview.com ] | 0 comments
    Two cyclists were flown by helicopter to a hospital on Sunday evening after suffering injuries in a head-on vehicle crash on Tunitas Creek Road.

The cyclists, both men in their late 30s from Santa Cruz County, suffered trauma and major injuries in the crash, according to emergency officials.

The accident was first reported just after 7 p.m. on Sunday. The two bike riders were traveling west on Tunitas Creek Road, about two miles from Highway 1. They were both hit by a vehicle traveling eastbound. CHP officials identified the driver of the car as a Moss Beach woman in her 20s.

The bike riders were both conscious when first responders arrived at the scene, but they had suffered facial injuries, hip fractures and trauma. Emergency officials landed LifeFlight helicopter in a livestock pasture about four miles from the accident scene to deliver the injured to Stanford Medical Center.

California Highway Patrol officers are investigating the accident.

Two bike riders injured in weekend crash - Half Moon Bay Review : News
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Oh fvck. Hip fracture does not sound good. Healing vibes for these two.

Hipster

riders down on tunitas creek rd yesterday - Todd Ingermanson of Black Cat Bikes

They are in good hands at Stanford with their hip fractures. Healing Vibes sent!

mtbr member
    Bump. Todd's bikes are things of beauty. I always enjoyed this video from a few years ago...

singletrack bound
    oh no.......not again. That's why Jen text me last night asking for your number Mike.
    I'm hoping he is not all broken up and can pull out of this one.
    Sorrel Seeker !!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I was riding up Tunitas Creek yesterday around 6:30pm when I came upon two riders in the middle of the road (the steep part of Tunitas, about 2 miles east of the intersection w/Lobitos Creek) who had been hit by a car and were badly injured. At that time, it appeared to be a hit-and-run. One of riders didn't seem to be conscious and had lost a lot of blood, and the other one was alert and said he had a broken leg. I'm not sure which one was Todd.

I didn't have cellphone reception so I descended back down Tunitas until I got to a house where I alerted the occupants who called 911. I rode back up to the crash scene and the ambulance/police arrived shortly after. The driver of the car who hit the cyclists also returned to the scene and cooperated with the police.

I'm glad both cyclists are getting the best medical treatment at Stanford and wish them a full and speedy recovery.

swag ho Administrator

fc
    IPA will save America

Ariolimax columbianus
    @ adirik, Thanks for that. Kirk's the real tall guy. From what I heard he was in front of Todd when the car came around a corner. Who knows what time the accident really happened and how long those guys were laying there?

Tone, I texted Jen @ around 5am this morning and she said Todd's surgery went well, I'm assuming it was his hip.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Sadly, the sense I got is that they had been lying there for a while, maybe 15-30 minutes. I'd imagine that part of Tunitas Creek gets little traffic (whether cars or bikes) on a Sunday evening. My first concern for these guys as I was trying to locate help was that they might get hit by yet another fast moving car. They were literally in the middle of the road on a bend where visibility was not that great.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Jeanie and I drove up Tunitas Creek Road on Sunday and at 5:45pm approximately halfway up the hill we came across two riders going downhill rather fast. Fortunately it was in a straight section of the road where we had a few seconds and some space to pass each other. I was sure glad we didn't run into them in one of the many blind corners on that single lane road. Flying downhill is always a thrill, but it is not worth the risk on a road open to cars. Did the driver of the car in this accident really leave two bike riders in the middle of the road? I'm glad "adirik" found them in time to get them off the road before another car would hit them and contact emergency services. You saved some lives there! My best wishes for a speedy and full recovery to both of them.
    Last edited by JL de Jong; 04-29-2013 at 11:23 PM.
    Also known as Menso's dad.