Ride today!!!

Printable View

• 12-20-2012
    squashyo
    1 Attachment(s)
    Ride today!!!
    ...looks like trail building weather starting tomorrow.
  • 12-20-2012
    ancient rascal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by squashyo View Post

Yup .... world ends tamale also ! :skep:
  • 12-20-2012
    squashyo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    Yup .... world ends tamale also ! :skep:

dang it...and I just cleaned my bike. That always seems to happen! Kennedy today? I can sneak out around 1:15.
  • 12-20-2012
    DrWheels
    Rats. Huge deadlines today and tomorrow, otherwise I'd totally be on my way to Demo for a hookie ride.
  • 12-20-2012
    ancient rascal
    Quote:

dang it...and I just cleaned my bike. That always seems to happen! Kennedy today? I can sneak out around 1:15.

Yethurr ! C u @ 1:15 ... :thumbsup: Got's to be today like there's no tomorrow ! ;) Poor old LP ... his riding might be over? :mad:
  • 12-20-2012
    squashyo
    Quote:

Yethurr ! C u @ 1:15 ... :thumbsup:

Awesome...I'll bring my XC rig so you don't get bored.
  • 12-20-2012
    ancient rascal
    Quote:

Awesome...I'll bring my XC rig so you don't get bored.

I know what your up to and will try not to let it happen! :nono:
  • 12-20-2012
    sirkrameroy
    I was thinking of doing Kennedy this afternoon as well. Might see you guys out there.
  • 12-20-2012
    Couch Bike Dude
    !Mañana!
  • 12-20-2012
    ancient rascal
    Cool last ride !
    We killed it out there today guys! Just Dying to get out there again ! :p
  • 12-20-2012
    rho
    Couldn't ride. Had to work all day. I'm bummed.
  • 12-20-2012
    fc
    1 Attachment(s)
    I was very clear with my instructions to the crew today. Don't come to the office. We need to test.

fc
  • 12-21-2012
    ancient rascal
    Window of oppurtoonitty ?
    Last chance maybe 12 to 3 today before it gets hella wet through the weekend? Light rain in Los Gatos then rock it ? WunderMap® | Interactive Weather Map and Radar | Weather Underground
  • 12-21-2012
    squashyo
    I dunno...rainin' over here and seems cold to boot. Think I'll go finish building my new trail and get some Poison Oak for Christmas.
  • 12-21-2012
    grumblingcrustacean
    Already dumping here. I opted to stay local instead of doing Kennedy.

Rode for a bit over an hour in an area near *cough*. Conditions were pretty darn nice. Warm-ish too (felt like upper 40s/low 50s) on the trail around 7:30.

Good to get some dirt time in since the world didn't end.
  • 12-21-2012
    ancient rascal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by grumblingcrustacean View Post

Rode for a bit over an hour in an area near *cough*. Conditions were pretty darn nice. Warm-ish too (felt like upper 40s/low 50s) on the trail around 7:30.

Cool ... now I don't have to worry about you tracking me down if I go up Kennedy today. But we may not be off the hook yet. Someone must want a family sized box of red chicklets for Christmas eh? Mayan's closeing all trails 21-23 - Mtbr Forums
  • 12-21-2012
    squashyo
    Quote:

I have to ask...are you under some kind of probation where you are only allowed to post if you mention CHUM at least once? It's like an obsession with you!
  • 12-21-2012
    ancient rascal
    Quote:

I have to ask...are you under some kind of probation where you are only allowed to post if you mention CHUM at least once? It's like an obsession with you!

He's like Chum's/Robinhood's personal Friar Tuck ? He just keeps knockin him into the creek. It's kinda funny I think ! :thumbsup: Archaeology and History of Medieval Sherwood Forest: Introducing the anachronistic Friar Tuck...
  • 12-21-2012
    gregk2001
    Quote:

Last chance maybe 12 to 3 today before it gets hella wet through the weekend? Light rain in Los Gatos then rock it ?

Can't get out during the week. Trying to get a release out the door at work and looking after a recovering-from-surgery wife at home leaves me no time. Will have to brave the elements tomorrow or Sunday, if I can get my bike fixed tonight. Monday is supposed to be clearer but that's too long to wait since last ride :)
  • 12-21-2012
    ancient rascal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gregk2001 View Post
    Can't get out during the week. Trying to get a release out the door at work and looking after a recovering-from-surgery wife at home leaves me no time. Will have to brave the elements tomorrow or Sunday, if I can get my bike fixed tonight. Monday is supposed to be clearer but that's too long to wait since last ride :)

Hope your wife is better soon! Today was not gonna be real good anyway Greg. You and I talked about cheater training ... and man, you should have seen it going on yesterday. Rode with a super fast cat 1 racer who spent the whole time redoing every hill at Kennedy. I'm betting he slept well last night. I am not a rain rider but if there is a break in the rain I'll head to Kennedy this weekend. :thumbsup:
  • 12-21-2012
    TheMachinist
    I snuck a morning ride in before the rain hit. Was beautiful out there. Might be a while before the trails are ready to roll again.
  • 12-21-2012
    Leopold Porkstacker
    It was pretty awful out there this morning, as I elected to confront the storm system HEAD-ON:
    <iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/runs/33371905/embed/7669a382dd824fcf1650a38bf7a87a60fd39efc4'></iframe>
    What in the hell was I thinking??? :madman:
  • 12-21-2012
    squashyo
    I'm digging in the rain, just digging in the rain, what a glorious feeeeling, trails are happpy again.

I just got home and had to practically get naked at my front door before coming in the house.
  • 12-21-2012
    fc
    I had a work from trail day yesterday

Mtbr 650b Round Up | Facebook
  • 12-21-2012
    Leopold Porkstacker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by francois View Post
    I had a work from trail day yesterday

Mtbr 650b Round Up | Facebook

I’m in the wrong industry!!! :(:blush:
  • 12-21-2012
    ancient rascal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    It was pretty awful out there this morning, as I elected to confront the storm system HEAD-ON:
    <iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/runs/33371905/embed/7669a382dd824fcf1650a38bf7a87a60fd39efc4'></iframe>
    What in the hell was I thinking??? :madman:

Good for you getting out there. I should have gone early but got a good beat down out to woods and back yesterday.
  • 12-21-2012
    Leopold Porkstacker
    Quote:

Good for you getting out there. I should have gone early but got a good beat down out to woods and back yesterday.

Eh, if you insist it was “good”. :skep:
  • 12-21-2012
    motorbacon
    I got out for a quick test ride of the new do it all bike. Diablo got ugly, real quick.
  • 12-21-2012
    three3nine
    Yesterday was the day for a bit it seems...
  • 12-21-2012
    grumblingcrustacean
    It has been raining on and off today in SCruz. There may be a spot or two that are rideable tomorrow, depending on how much rain we get tonight/what the weather is like in the morning.

I'm probably going to toodle around the same area tomorrow morning that I did this morning if it isn't dumping.
  • 12-21-2012
    S.O.B.
    So glad I was able to make it out with a group for a nice, quick ride this morning. The rain started pouring down just toward the end of the ride...while the (Auburn) trails were in great shape, I agree that it may be a while before they are good to go.
    On the plus side, the world did not end so we all live to ride another day. :)

<iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/runs/33357069/embed/7e4c032790c79846b0f3767e3434abeaaed37a35'></iframe>
  • 12-22-2012
    ancient rascal
    What time today?
    When's everyone headed to Kennedy .... soon ? ;)
  • 12-22-2012
    Nelson34
    I'll be out there mañana hopefully-gotta get my 1 a week ride in
  • 12-22-2012
    Leopold Porkstacker
    Hope I can do a Kennedy slopfest tomorrow (Sunday). We’ll see.
  • 12-22-2012
    gregk2001
    Did Kennedy from home; just got back. Didn't think others were riding today. Weather was kind, only had light rain at the start, none on the fire trail. Picked up an x-neighbor along the way. Geared up before the ride: new rain jacket, waterproof gloves and a rear mud flap. Stayed warm. Once I reach 10 posts I could add my Strava link but doubt anyone would want to see how slow I climb :)
  • 12-22-2012
    ancient rascal
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gregk2001 View Post
    Did Kennedy from home; just got back. Didn't think others were riding today. Weather was kind, only had light rain at the start, none on the fire trail. Picked up an x-neighbor along the way. Geared up before the ride: new rain jacket, waterproof gloves and a rear mud flap. Stayed warm. Once I reach 10 posts I could add my Strava link but doubt anyone would want to see how slow I climb :)

Right on Ausigreg ! We hit the window just right eh ? Even caught some sunshine in my pic at the chopper pad ! No sub 20/40 under to the top today I'm guessing. :p
    Attachment 747213
  • 12-22-2012
    gregk2001
    Quote:

Right on Ausigreg ! We hit the window just right eh ? Even caught some sunshine in my pic at the chopper pad ! No sub 20/40 under to the top today I'm guessing. :p
    Attachment 747213

Slower than my best but even my best is nowhere near a 20/40. Gotta keep at it ;)
  • 12-22-2012
    fc
    1 Attachment(s)
    It finally happened. Roadie. Save me.
  • 12-23-2012
    Tim F.
    Was pouring out at Demo. Was ok under the trees, but got pounded by hail and sleet riding across the upper parking lot,
  • 12-23-2012
    Dion
    1 Attachment(s)
    I, too, did a road ride. Put some pizza cutters on the CX bike and just spun some flat down to Morgan Hill. It was cold, windy and exhausting and my eyes are still puffy from yesterday.

But... it was riding.

Attachment 747398
  • 12-23-2012
    ancient rascal
    Not today but Tamale
    Tomorrow's Weather Forecast for 95030 - weather.com Spartan's, Rider's, ... Prepare for glory !
  • 12-24-2012
    ancient rascal
    Don't forget the sunglasses
    Is you is ? Where is everyone headed? Road rides ... mud wompin ? hanging with the family?:)
  • 12-24-2012
    rho
    Quote:

Is you is ? Where is everyone headed? Road rides ... mud wompin ? hanging with the family?:)

St Joes on the single speed @ 1130
  • 12-24-2012
    ancient rascal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rho View Post
    St Joes on the single speed @ 1130

I show for it if you don't mind some company?:thumbsup:
  • 12-24-2012
    JMac47
    3 Attachment(s)
    Today?
    Quote:

Not on dirt, but early evening road ride outing yesterday up in the NorthBay.:cool:
  • 12-24-2012
    gregk2001
    Quote:

Might take advantage of the dry roads and do a roadie, Hicks loop. If I can fit it in between chores :D
  • 12-24-2012
    squashyo
    As funny as this is going to sounds, St. Joes was awesome! And I found my lost sunglasses on the trail...weird!!! Merry Xmas all.
  • 12-24-2012
    Loll
    Ok, define awesome in term of mud. How muddy was it on your down tube?
  • 12-24-2012
    squashyo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Loll View Post
    Ok, define awesome in term of mud. How muddy was it on your down tube?

Honestly, extremely low mud quotient. All the bad spots had ride arounds and where on the climbs. I experienced no mud on the descents...just tacky sandy/rock. There were hikers about though so took caution.
  • 12-24-2012
    Berkeley Mike
    Dam near done with Xmas prep. Road for me while it is nice and warm.
  • 12-24-2012
    ancient rascal
    In search of Squashyo ride
    Finally rode with Dion today. Rho, Ken, lilydad and a few other Mtbr folks also hit St. Joes today. Good times ! :thumbsup: No squashyo to be found ... :cryin:
  • 12-24-2012
    Dion
    Great ride with everybody! What a great day of laughs and positivity. :D
  • 12-24-2012
    Tim F.
    Letting things dry out a bit today, and hitting Corral at Demo tomorrow.
  • 12-24-2012
    squashyo
    Quote:

Finally rode with Dion today. Rho, Ken, lilydad and a few other Mtbr folks also hit St. Joes today. Good times ! :thumbsup: No squashyo to be found ... :cryin:

Sounds like quite a crew. I was in there earlier and probably out by th etime you all started. Got in 2hrs and 2300 footies in little ole' St. Joes and had a blast...found my shades too! YES!

Next time!
  • 12-24-2012
    Nelson34
    Damn you all for having today off and being able to ride! Im hoping to get out tomorrow-maybe st Joes.
    Merry Christmas everyone, don't drink and drive and be safe tonight-and remember to party like it's the end of the world!
  • 12-24-2012
    fc
    1 Attachment(s)
    It was so wet even the road was muddy :)

fc
  • 12-24-2012
    Broncstad
    3 Attachment(s)
  • 12-24-2012
    Leopold Porkstacker
    Looks like “everyone” got a ride in today! Glad the rain finally let up:
    <iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/runs/33829909/embed/38730f96a86b72b196f04f4656b2120bca6bf90b'></iframe>
  • 12-24-2012
    Smilerz
    Stevens Creek looked more like a river than a creek or stream today!
  • 12-24-2012
    JMac47
    3 Attachment(s)
    Some of mine were wet...
    Some sketchy sections washed over with erosion debris, and a good rural stretch turned CX style covered in cow $hit.

Other than that, a great Xmas Eve ride today! Annadel on the SS tomorow....
  • 12-25-2012
    rho
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Great ride with everybody! What a great day of laughs and positivity. :D

Twas a great ride with people! Glad to see so many other people out besides our group, as well!
  • 01-02-2013
    grumblingcrustacean
    totally missed this
    Quote:

He's like Chum's/Robinhood's personal Friar Tuck ? He just keeps knockin him into the creek. It's kinda funny I think ! :thumbsup: Archaeology and History of Medieval Sherwood Forest: Introducing the anachronistic Friar Tuck...

I was all about seeing where mocking Chum would get my rep. The minute I got a neg-shutup-about-CHUM rep, I stopped. I didn't realize this is what AR was mumbling about this last week. Makes my day :)

Rep of 18 or so on the back of ChUM works for me. If his sorry backside is finally healthy and out from under the moving gremlins, maybe he can ride again.

At least I didn't say my goal for 2013 was to air over CHUM when he crashes in front of me! :thumbsup:

Done for now.
  • 01-03-2013
    ancient rascal
    Quote:

I was all about seeing where mocking Chum would get my rep. The minute I got a neg-shutup-about-CHUM rep, I stopped. I didn't realize this is what AR was mumbling about this last week. Makes my day :)

Rep of 18 or so on the back of ChUM works for me. If his sorry backside is finally healthy and out from under the moving gremlins, maybe he can ride again.

At least I didn't say my goal for 2013 was to air over CHUM when he crashes in front of me! :thumbsup:

Done for now.

I knew I wasn't the only one getting a kick out of those posts. I'm betting Chum thinks they are funny also. Rough housing amongst friends is fun. One of my slower buds got wound up on biking years ago and said ... "I am taking you to Kennedy on your birthday to beat you to the top. I call him on my birthday every year and say ... You meant next birthday right? :devil:
  • 01-03-2013
    fc
    Quote:

Done for now.

It was pretty awesome the first 3 times. I don't know about after that.

On another note. I finally got your handle from my favorite kid show... Mr. Crusty Crab!!

fc