mtbr member

Reverb issue - help!

I'm cross-posting this on the Norcal forum b/c everybody here is so knowledgeable and helpful (flattery will get you everywhere):

I am really hoping somebody can help me out with this Reverb issue:

I wrecked with the seat post in the fully dropped (lowered) position and broke the hose barb off the remote. I purchased and installed a replacement barb, and watched the bleed video on the Sram website (I have successfully performed a bleed before & it wasn't a big deal). The problem is that the instructions say to perform the bleed with the post in the fully extended position, but I cannot figure out how to get it back to the fully extended position. When I extend the post manually, it contracts right back to the contracted position.

Does anybody know how to get it to the extended position?

Thanks in advanced!

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    This might be worth a try. Take off saddle and rail clamps. Then depress the poppet valve in the top of the post. Little silver button down in there a few mm. I have not tried it but was told it works. Let us know

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    This might be worth a try. Take off saddle and rail clamps. Then depress the poppet valve in the top of the post. Little silver button down in there a few mm. I have not tried it but was told it works. Let us know
    Great advice Vaughn! - followed your instructions and it worked perfectly - I'm back in business with my Reverb working better than before my wreck + $7 fix - already had the fluid & you can get replacement barb on Amazon

mtbr member
    Also, i would use the Tech tuesday instructions on how to bleed a reverb from Pinkbike.com.