sure...follow me
    Apr 2007

rent a bike in the Bay Area

Are there any bike shops in the Bay Area that will rent a full suspension bike for a weekend?

don't try this at home
    I think Cambria in Santa Rosa rents FS bikes.
    will you rep me?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Tread Bikes in Campbell,
    Passion Trail Bikes in Belmont...

mtbr member
    Bike an beans in San Rafael,
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    There are quite a few where you can rent demo bikes, so it depends on where in the bay area and what you want to ride.

mtbr member
    Big Swinging Cycles in SF has full suspension demos and possibly rentals. Summit Cycles in San Rafael has full suspension rentals.

mtbr member
    Solano Cyclery has some Specialized and Yeti demo bikes. A friend of mine was visiting from Louisiana a while back and we rented him a Yeti ASR5 for a day there.
    Loud hubs save lives. http://about.me/splat/

YESBRO!!!
    +1 on Big Swingin' Cycles.

mtbr member

rental

if you are riding in Marin, try giving Rob at Stoked SF a call. (415) 515-8692. He's got helmets and hydration packs available too

mtbr member
    I paid to demo rented a Pivot Mach 429 from Devil Mountain Cyclery in Walnut Creek. Great shop, and a great bike. I'm saving up for one now. Also paid to demo a Giant Anthem 29 from Eden in Castro Valley; another good experience. They credit the payment towards the bike if you buy the bike later, but it's basically a rental.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    trailhead cyclery in san jose has ibis/specialized/yeti for rent usually

Weird huh?
    Summit Bicycles in Los Gatos as well. Be prepared to pay a stoopid amount for a weekend. $$$$

Rented a full squishy Ellsworth for a single day and it came to like $120.00 That was 4 years ago.
    Poaching Demo...that's why we can't have nice things...

sure...follow me
    Apr 2007
    Thanks to all who responded to this thread. With your help I did indeed rent a bike over the weekend. I inquired about a rental at three local bike shops: Devil Mountain in Walnut Creek said they do not rent bikes and referred me to REI. I didnt think REI would rent the bike I had in mind. I tried Bike N Bean but, unfortunately I called them on their day off (Tuesday) but I left a message on the answering machine. They did not return my call. Next I called Solano Cyclery.....Charlie at Solano said that I could not only have my choice of a Specialized Epic or a Santa Cruz Tallboy and what color bike did I want ! Thumbs up Solano Cyclery.

mtbr member
    Now this is fortuitous!
    My Reba is in pieces at the moment and I'm not sure I'll get it back together and finish up the service on my Stumpy in time to leave at a decent hour tomorrow morning for the Bay Area.

Thanks you guys! I'll probably just skip taking a bike down and demo something exotic and unique for a change!