mtbr member

REGISTRATION OPENS TODAY TS 59er

Here's your chance to reg up for an epic race. The Tahoe Sierra 59 in conjunction with the infamous Tahoe Sierra 100. This event will be a qualifying race for next year's TS 100.

Here's the catch, Jimmy's only taking the first 100 to sign up, so if you were on the fence about the TS 100 thinking it might be too much, then here's your chance to race a good portion of the course and qualify for next year. A win win!

go to Global Biorhythm Events for information.

- Mike

NedwannaB
    A 50, then a 59, then a 100? whoohoo
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member

Ready to go!

Hope my knee holds up. Hoping to beat my brother.

Uncle
    My curiosity is piqued, but as one that rides Bay Area "trails" more often than not, I'm interested in riding some of the tougher sections of the 59mi course - specifically to get a feel for the technicality of it. Any idea how much of the shorter course is currently rideable & isn't buried in snow at the moment?
    Eat, ride, eat, rest, repeat.

mtbr member
    I'm in...........50-59 mens

mtbr member
    OhYeah ! And I'll be riding my new Ellsworth Evolve complete with a carbon Lefty.........can't wait!!

mtbr member
    A couple of questions.
    What's the ~ elevation gain and loss on the 59?
    Does the 59 meet back up with the 100 @ the Mad Cat stop or after it?

Not quite sure I have the "badassness" this might require??

Uncle
    Hoping your female persuasion powers yield some answers here; no luck so far for me and my beard.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thinking of riding the 59er but I'll be solo and will need a ride back to my car at the start after the race. Anyone have space or want to arrange a shuttle? Shoot me a PM.

Feral Roadie

Quote Originally Posted by Entrenador View Post
    My curiosity is piqued, but as one that rides Bay Area "trails" more often than not, I'm interested in riding some of the tougher sections of the 59mi course - specifically to get a feel for the technicality of it. Any idea how much of the shorter course is currently rideable & isn't buried in snow at the moment?

Everything above 5k is likely unridable currently and maybe even down to 4k. The last couple storms have ended cold and there is more snow down low than has been all season.

I'd guess a warm sunny week or two and everything below 5K would be rideable. I doubt all of the trails will be rideable until early June, but it's been such a strange winter...

- Booker C. Bense

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

@Entrenador...

There's still pretty good snow cover due to the late season storms. Check back with me at this site later. I have a home around the corner from the start/finish. As to the technicality of the course... If you're from Marin as I am, you really won't WANT too much technical, as the altitude and vertical kicks your ass! I ride the most technical trails in Marin, and 59 technical miles up there, very FEW would finish! I've been riding Royal Gorge and surrounding trails for the last two years, and I believe you won't be dissapointed! The scenery, the views, the altitude, and the feeling of being in a beautiful remote wilderness is one you don't get elsewhere! Enter, and enjoy! ( and if you're not prepared, SUFFER!) :-)

Jimmy Boy, I have a house around the corner and would like to get involved... I may be riding as well, but could also ride SAG...
    John Sarter. Look me up on Facebook also if it helps.
    John

Uncle
    John, thanks for the suggestion. I figured the upper half of the course is probably buried at the moment. Will keep following this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarterfish View Post
    If you're from Marin as I am, you really won't WANT too much technical, as the altitude and vertical kicks your ass!
    John
    I don't ride much relatively technical stuff, and agree with you about it: perhaps not a great idea to combine significant technical terrain with a significant increases elevation level, elev. gain, and overall distance. I suspect my usual rides have not prepared me for this ride, but the degree to which I'm ill-prepared is what I hope to understand at some point. I read a lengthy description of the race from a few years ago -- a different course I believe, but perhaps some of the same trails. From what I gathered, the pitch and length of the climbs is the biggest challenge to the ride. Hope to get out and ride a few sections before too long just to see how I do.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Hey folks, I and a friend purchased TS 59 entries and then both qualified for the TS 100 (got the TS 59 entries as back up if we DNQ). Let me know if you'd like to purchase/transfer one or both entries. Thanks.
    Ok, guy.

ask
    user
    Maybe I missed it on the registration page... anyone know how much elevation gain there is in the 59 mile course?

Dropshot Champ!
    I can't find it either, but I'm pretty sure it was 59/7000ft

mtbr member
    May 2005
    We haven't run that course yet to GPS it, Jim just kind of threw it out there as an option to the 100. I would think it to be in the 7-8000' range. You don't do some of the tougher upper sections of the 100 and it should be a nice course, tough, but nice.
    Last edited by Sean Allan; 06-13-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    Only the curious have something to find.

http://wanderlustandtheroadlesstraveled.blogspot.com/

NedwannaB

Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Allan View Post
    We haven't run that course yet to GPS it, Jim just kind of threw it out there as an option to the 100. I would think it to be in the 7-8000' range. You don't do some of the tougher upper sections of the 100 and it should be a nice course, tough, but nice.
    That possible maybe extra 1,000' might possibly do in us mere-mortals Sean.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    doesn't it start in soda springs elev 6882' and end in foresthill elev 3000'? sounds all downhill to me!
    something about the west coast...it makes me wanna ride

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by uncreative View Post
    doesn't it start in soda springs elev 6882' and end in foresthill elev 3000'? sounds all downhill to me!
    No doubt, might as well take the chain off your bike.

On a more serious note, I'm heading up towards the lake next week to ride a few days. If anyone wants to preride the course shoot me a pm. Assuming its dry below 7k now?