Poacher
    Sep 2010

Redwood Regional Bike NAZI, I call you out if you are a member here

Guy on red and white specialized frame, yelling at hikers on a busy Saturday at the bottom of Cinderella, about 2pm. What a JERK! Yelling at hikers on mixed use trail, and telling them they should "go hike on the singletrack, this is a bike area". You know who you are. I said " Hey, you are going to wreck it for everyone if those hikers try to shut these trails to bikes". You are a loud mouth, spoiled child. Go to Northstar to act like that, not a city park used by everyone in the bay area. Hikers were everywhere yesterday (sat Jan 26). The hikers initially thought he was joking I suspect, as he was completely losing it. Then they realized they were dealing with an emotionally charged situation and started sticking up for themselves-some riders in our group were trying to tell you to leave them alone. Nice ambassador to represent bikes on legal singletrack in a busy, overpopulated area. PM me if this is you and you have something to say, you are a coward. But most of all, you are damaging what others here have worked hard to attain (not me, but thank you advocates).

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolie View Post
    Guy on red and white specialized frame, yelling at hikers on a busy Saturday at the bottom of Cinderella, about 2pm. What a JERK! Yelling at hikers on mixed use trail, and telling them they should "go hike on the singletrack, this is a bike area". You know who you are. I said " Hey, you are going to wreck it for everyone if those hikers try to shut these trails to bikes". You are a loud mouth, spoiled child. Go to Northstar to act like that, not a city park used by everyone in the bay area. Hikers were everywhere yesterday (sat Jan 26). The hikers initially thought he was joking I suspect, as he was completely losing it. Then they realized they were dealing with an emotionally charged situation and started sticking up for themselves-some riders in our group were trying to tell you to leave them alone. Nice ambassador to represent bikes on legal singletrack in a busy, overpopulated area. PM me if this is you and you have something to say, you are a coward. But most of all, you are damaging what others here have worked hard to attain (not me, but thank you advocates).
    Sorry about that, man. too much redbull and vodka before the ride.

Poacher
    Sep 2010
    If that is you, at least would make SOME sense. If you are joking, That is funny as I think about it. Enjoy the trails while we got them!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    If that is you, at least would make SOME sense. If you are joking, That is funny as I think about it. Enjoy the trails while we got them!
    Of course it's not him

mtbr member
    Yeah, thre were a ton of people out in JMP/Redwood yesterday...

Didn't see anyone on a Specialized, but there were a bunch of hike a bikers on Chaparelle
    my B+W landscape photos ....www.f45.com

mtbr member
    You should've followed him to the bottom and told his Mommy who was shuttling his lazy punk ass!

2pm on a Saturday is not a good time to go look for PR's.

Poacher
    Sep 2010

I have been riding in bay area since 2nd grade? 1976 'ish

I have sen alot, A-L-O-T of trails closed to bikes in 35 yrs, Not alot opened.

ask
    user
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Sorry about that, man. too much redbull and vodka before the ride.
    LOL! Nice pre-ride mix. Gotta try that the next time I need some extra DH courage.

Lame to hear about behavior like this on busy multi-use trails. I've seen guys bombing down multi use trails in LG as well... flying past soccer moms and families hiking. Not a good representation of the cycling community. I'm just waiting for MidPen to close more trails and/or add more speed traps.

mtbr member
    That sucks this guy was a complete ******! Ride JMP all the time for the most part all hikers I encounter are super cool. I give them a friendly hello and they give the same back. Most hikers at JMP go out of there way so I can pass, I always have very courteous encounters. I always let them know I'm coming ahead of time and slow down.

Some inconsiderate ASS clown better not ruin that for the rest of us.

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    Well, normally when you invoke Godwin's Law right out of the gate, you would forfeit the ensuing argument. : )

But good on ya for calling him out right away.

One d-bag on the trail can really blow it for the rest of us. Let's all try a little harder to smile and wave to other users--and even to each other. The trail you save may be your own!
    Last edited by dirtvert; 01-27-2013 at 07:16 PM.
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

mtbr member
    I always have the approach that no matter where you are riding, call out when approaching and say hello or thanks when you pass. We all need to do this to impart goodwill. No ride, segment or section, or PR or whatever is an excuse for bad manners. And on a nice weekend day in Redwood or JMP? Are you kidding?! You should know already that it's just a day to enjoy the trails, no balls out, or PR runs, there are going to be people. It's a multi-use trail, you know the deal!

Being polite can be frustrating sometimes too though, but it's better to at least try. not long ago in Redwood, I called out three times while approaching a pack of shoulder to shoulder walking zombies only to have them flail their limbs and lurch around in shock when I rode by. One guy yelled, "You could call out!" I just yelled back after passing, "I did! Three times!" Kept it reasonably civil...
    Last edited by three3nine; 01-28-2013 at 08:19 AM.

mtbr member
    Guy on red and white specialized frame, .
    Specialized...

HTFU!
    In all fairness, the hikers probably kept him from some Strava achievement. Surely that condones such behavior.
    (wait for it)

there is the emoticon so the single-speeders know it was sarcasm.

mtbr member
    If their being a strapon... I mean strava chaser then check the stats for that segment:

Strava Segment | Cinderella Trail DH

select "This Week" from the list's filter, and see who might pop up for Saturday.
    My Cycling Videos: Vimeo | YouTube | My Website

sftrydr
    My thoughts on deranged kooks as described above, is that it's a vande type that has failed in his demented internet frothing + has resorted to impugning us pedalers by infiltration....
    Just my own demented - jaded- twisted suspicion surfacing.

Carry on, knowing that those that frequent this site are commonly referred to as "the good guys"

orthonormal
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle mama View Post
    Of course it's not him
    It most definitely was IHB. I was completely embarrassed by his behavior and pretended not to be with him.
    The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by andy f View Post
    It most definitely was IHB. I was completely embarrassed by his behavior and pretended not to be with him.
    "pretending not to be with me??" more like puking off the side of the trail.

You need to HTFU if you're gunna be drinking the Jesus Juice before shralping the NorCal Gnar!

No Stranger to danger....
    Yeh, sorry about that, its my first trip to the states and i was a bit over excited, NO SOUP FOR YOU.....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssulljm View Post
    My thoughts on deranged kooks as described above, is that it's a vande type that has failed in his demented internet frothing + has resorted to impugning us pedalers by infiltration....
    Just my own demented - jaded- twisted suspicion surfacing.
    True - if I were VdM, I would think this would be a much preferred strategy over the 'frothing at the mouth with a deranged look in the eyes while wielding a hack saw" approach he's been pursuing so far... now let's not give him any ideas!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Yeh, sorry about that, its my first trip to the states and i was a bit over excited, NO SOUP FOR YOU.....
    Hey! Get back in your hole rep hoe!

Poacher
    Sep 2010
    Hey Huck Pitueee, we met you 1.5 yrs ago at Downieville (I had busted my shoulder in upper parking lot). Thanks to you and Big Boulder for the kegs. I need to get to Auburn to check it out, will PM in the spring. We are really up against it down here in the bay.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Hey Huck Pitueee, we met you 1.5 yrs ago at Downieville (I had busted my shoulder in upper parking lot). Thanks to you and Big Boulder for the kegs. I need to get to Auburn to check it out, will PM in the spring. We are really up against it down here in the bay.
    Yes! I remember. That was actually BB and Dougie AKA Fresh with the kegs. Pm me if you want to ride Truckee, Tahoe, Dville. The Truckee super d is a must ride if you like Dville. I don't ride there but Auburn must be epic this time of year.
    Snow ride today!! The snow mobile trails in the high country should be perfect after the rain and hard freeze.