Resident Curmudgeon

Red Flag Warning : Extreme Fire Danger with high winds

Sorry about the caps but that's how the NWS prints it out. Keep your head on a swivel if you are out there and pedal like hell to get out if you even think you smell smoke.

URGENT - FIRE WEATHER MESSAGE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA238 PM PDT MON APR 29 2013...RED FLAG WARNING 6 PM TUESDAY THROUGH 6 PM WEDNESDAY FOR THE NORTH AND EAST BAY HILLS ABOVE 1000 FEET..

STRONG NORTH TO NORTHEAST WINDS WILL DEVELOP TUESDAY NIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY.

THE STRONGEST WINDS WILL BE DURING THE OVERNIGHT AND EARLY MORNING HOURS OF WEDNESDAY WHEN WIND GUSTS IN EXCESS OF 50 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE ACROSS THE HILLS.

WINDS WILL BEGIN TO DECREASE BY WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON BUT TEMPERATURES WILL REMAIN HOT WITH VERYDRY RELATIVE HUMIDITY VALUES

.CAZ511-301200-/O.NEW.KMTR.FW.W.0001.130501T0100Z-130502T0100Z/ EAST BAY HILLS AND DIABLO RANGE-238 PM PDT MON APR 29 2013...

RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM TUESDAY TO 6 PM PDT WEDNESDAY FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR THE EAST BAY HILLSABOVE 1000 FEET

..THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA HAS ISSUED A RED FLAG WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM TUESDAY TO 6 PM PDT WEDNESDAY.*

AFFECTED AREA: FIRE ZONE 511 EAST BAY HILLS AND DIABLO RANGE. INCLUDES ALL LOCATIONS ABOVE 1000 FEET IN ALAMEDA AND CONTRA COSTA COUNTY AS WELL AS THE EASTERN SANTA CLARA COUNTY HILLS. INCLUDING MOUNT DIABLO STATE PARK...HENRY COE AND THE VICINITY OF MOUNT HAMILTON.*

TIMING: FROM 6 PM TUESDAY THROUGH 6 PM WEDNESDAY WITH THE PERIOD OF STRONGEST WINDS ROUGHLY FROM 1 AM WEDNESDAY TO 10 AM WEDNESDAY.*

WIND: NORTH TO NORTHEAST SUSTAINED 20 TO 35 MPH WITH FREQUENT GUSTS TO 50 MPH AND LOCAL GUSTS TO 60 MPH OVER THE HIGHER PEAKS INCLUDING MOUNT DIABLO.

* HUMIDITY: AFTERNOON MINIMUM 15 TO 20 PERCENT...STAYING LESS THEN 30 PERCENT OVERNIGHT.

* IMPACTS: THE COMBINATION OF RECORD DRY FUELS...NEAR RECORD WARMTH ALONG WITH STRONG AND DRY OFFSHORE WINDS WILL INCREASE THE PROBABILITY OF NEW FIRE IGNITIONS. RESIDENTS ARE URGED TO USE EXTRA CAUTION WITH ANY OUTDOOR BURNING OR FIRES.
    Warning: Consumption of alcohol may make you think the person on the barstool next to you is attractive

mtbr member
    Thanks Buzz. I hope to God you guys aren't busy this year...seems like it's gonna be a long dry hot summer.
    Peanut butter Tuesday, if you know what I mean!

Resident Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Thanks Buzz. I hope to God you guys aren't busy this year...seems like it's gonna be a long dry hot summer.

Thanks, the guys will be busy but I won't. Turned in my retirement papers in December, my last day was Dec 31. at age 56 it was time.
    Warning: Consumption of alcohol may make you think the person on the barstool next to you is attractive

Sweat is just fat crying.
    Geeze, and it's still April. Yowza!
    Information on the trails at New Hogan Lake, Calaveras County, CA.

Team Chilidog!
    Geez, the winds feel like the Santa Anas lately. Ugh. We don't need them in April like this.