Junior flyer
    Jun 2010

Ranger Danger (non-MidPen)

We ran into a couple guys in Demo today (pretty damn hot, btw) from Scotts Valley, and they said that one of the guys that fell off a trestle this year (not the kid that took the bus ride) has sued somebody, so the rangers in Cowell are ticketing if you ride along the tracks--to the tune of $600. Makes the Skeggs rangers look like nice guys...

Hopefully, they can prove that the guy has watched "Stand by Me" at some point, had prior knowledge that trestles are inherently dangerous, and kick his a$$ out of court.

Btw- the ladybugs are GOING OFF at Demo--just across the bridge on the right. That tree that looks orange? Bingo!
    Last edited by dirtvert; 04-30-2013 at 08:42 AM.
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

rho
    Captain Pinchflat
    Great some kid doing something stupid and not only did he not learn that it was a bad idea, they try to make someone else financially accountable.

Sad that its more expected and leads to more enforcement of stupid. this hurts us all in the end.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    He has no case. Every trestle says "No Trespassing" at each end...at least that is what I have heard...

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    ^^ You're right! Although it is kinda subtle. They probably need to put up signs with flashing lights. Maybe an informational kiosk. And a long-ass list of rules about proper trestle behavior. And a foam pit below the trestle so that we can practice stylish falling tricks...
    Last edited by dirtvert; 04-30-2013 at 08:46 AM.
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

rho
    Captain Pinchflat
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtvert View Post
    ^^ You're right! Although it is kinda subtle. They probably need to put up signs with flashing lights. Maybe an informational kiosk.
    Might as well have someone manning a booth handing out flyers about the dangers of crossing train trestles.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Many cross that trestle regularly - walkers, runners, bikers. I've never seen any rangers or the like near there. Some of the beams are need of replacement. Personally, I won't ride the trestle, I walk. That said, it is posted no trespassing as is much of the railway corridor.

I also think the kid has no case, that said, it is sometimes cheaper to just pay off the suit rather than go to trial. So I do expect some added enforcement around this.