Auburn Bike Works

... and if we just ... Pump Track in Auburn!!!

Hey MTBR, there is a group of us working toward a pump track in Auburn!! We made it through the first approval meeting last Wednesday, now it goes to the next level of approval Thursday November 29th at 6 pm. We are hoping to get a good show of support to the Auburn Recreation District board to ensure they pass the project. If you can stop by it shouldn't take long, we just need the board to know we are all for it and that if it is built we will come ride!!
    Here is the address and date again: 471 Maidu Dr. Auburn, CA 95603Thursday November 29th 6pm!!!

Mike
    Auburn Bike Works
    mike@auburnbikeworks.com
    Last edited by mike thompson; 11-19-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mike thompson View Post
    Hey MTBR, there is a group of us working toward a pump track in Auburn!! We made it through the first approval meeting last Wednesday, now it goes to the next level of approval Thursday November 29th at 6 pm. We are hoping to get a good show of support to the Auburn Recreation District board to ensure they pass the project. If you can stop by it shouldn't take long, we just need the board to know we are all for it and that if it is built we will come ride!!
    Here is the address and date again: 471 Maidu Dr. Auburn, CA 95603Thursday November 29th 6pm!!!

Mike
    Auburn Bike Works
    mike@auburnbikeworks.com
    Hey Mike,

Great work on your part to move this along to this stage! I'll see you there!!

Good on Ya!!!

Michael
    If you can't keep the rubber side down......at least smile for the camera!

mtbr member
    Very cool! I'm interested in seeing one built up here in Chico, so I'll be following your progress.
    "Got everything you need?"

Proud lame eBiker
    Where will it be located?
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Auburn Bike Works
    Yeah it is going great! Still very preliminary, but we are making great progress! The area requirements from ARD district office had some specific criteria regarding rest room facilities etc, so the location that we chose is off of Pacific St between the American Canyon Overlook Park "skate park" and the over pass above the dam site access road adjacent to Rail Head Park. It is a great location just a little bigger than what Truckee has. It is immediately accessible from the Pacific St and has a trail linking it to the American Canyon Overlook park where the skate park and restrooms are.
    The Next Thursdays meeting will decide if we get to move forward immediately with the two main government agencies that we need to get additional approval from. The most important is to get funding rolling, which is slated to begin soon.
    I had a great conversation with Brooks who lead the Truckee pump track project and he had a bunch of great idea's and advice, which should help us organize more quickly and precisely. I do hope we keep all our work organized so it can be shared to make it easier for the next group that organizes a pump track! Come and help us show the board how much we want this!!!!

Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving!!
    Last edited by mike thompson; 11-20-2012 at 06:21 PM.

Auburn Bike Works
    Hey just a reminder tonight is the final ARD board meeting we need approval from to start the pump track!! After tonight the real work starts!! Come and show your support!!

471 Maidu Dr. Auburn, CA 95603Thursday November 29th 6pm!!!

Auburn Bike Works
    Well great news the ARD board loved the pump track proposal and passed it!!! Now the real work begins! Having a phone meeting with the IMBA North Western representative on Monday with Diana, hopefully that will really help with organizing what steps to take first. Cheers I'll keep everyone posted.......

Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005

Good job! Good on Ya!

Quote Originally Posted by mike thompson View Post
    Well great news the ARD board loved the pump track proposal and passed it!!! Now the real work begins! Having a phone meeting with the IMBA North Western representative on Monday with Diana, hopefully that will really help with organizing what steps to take first. Cheers I'll keep everyone posted.......
    Hey Mike,

Congratulations on this success! Good luck with next steps and please keep the board informed as to how we can help!!

Thanks,

Michael
    If you can't keep the rubber side down......at least smile for the camera!

Auburn Bike Works
    Here is the Auburn Pump Track Face Book page!

http://www.facebook.com/AuburnPumpTrack?ref=ts&fref=ts

mtbr member
    I would love to see this go through!
    why am I on here and not riding?