fc
    stoked Administrator

Private collection of unique bikes stolen in SF

MY ENTIRE BIKE COLLECTION – FIVE YEARS WORK WAS STOLEN FROM MY BERNAL HEIGTHS GARAGE
    BETWEEN 10.30 AND 11 PM MONDAY 02 / 13 / 2018. THESE ARE ALL CUSTOM PAINTED ONE OF A
    KIND BICYCLES THAT ARE NOT REPLACEABLE. THEY STAND OUT ENOUGH TO BE EASY RECOGNIZEABLE.

PLEASE KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN – LET’S GET THEM BACK!

Erik Nohlin +1 415 696 1434 or erik.nohlin@specialized.com
    Or the SF Police brian.fogarty@sfgov.org for any info.
    Bikes are registered with Bikeindex.
    REWARD PROMISED!!!!

1. Specialized Allez Track / Red Hook Milano
    Size 56. One of four bikes custom made for Red Hook Milano 2016. Custom paint by Erik Nohlin
    (me) Raw Aluminum frame with black wordmarks. Matching custom carbon painted bars, seat
    post and fork with a black and white pill pattern. Roval CLX 60 custom finished carbon wheels.
    Rear wheel looks like wood and front like marble. Miche silver hubs and Dura-Ace silver cranks.
    Saddle has a red ball mounted to it #fintotech More images on Instagram / Internet under
    #atributetoettore

2. Specialized Allez 74 / 40th Anniversary Edition
    Size 56. One of a kind. Reynolds steel frame and fork. Designed by Mark Di Nucci. Custom paint
    by Erik Nohlin (me), Orion silver to black with a silver flake. Silver Campagnolo Athena group set.
    Roval custom drilled tubulars 32 holes with FMB cotton tubular tires. Erik Nohlin signature is
    painted on top tube and downtube under the clear coat and the Mark DiNucci signature on the
    drive side chain stay. More images on Instagram / Internet under #74allezproject

3. Specialized AWOL Transcontinental.
    Size 54. One of a kind. Painted in real rust, easily recognizable. Chromed chain stay. Sawtooth
    tan wall 42c tires and full Sram Rival groupset. More images on Instagram / Internet under
    #rustawol

4. Specialized Turbo e-bike.
    Size 54. Painted matte black. One of two bikes in the world with an aero seat post and split seat
    stays for belt drive + eccentric BB. It doesn’t look like a stock Specialized Turbo. Hub motor says
    “Hardcore” in Silver Sharpie. Has a front Soma cargo rack.

5. Specialized S-Works Diverge.
    Size 56. Brand new, one week old. Painted by me in a Chartreuse green with chameleon (color
    changing) wordmarks. “Erik ****ing Nohlin” is handwrittenPrivate collection of unique bikes stolen in SF-screen-shot-2018-02-13-11.29.39-am.jpg

Private collection of unique bikes stolen in SF-screen-shot-2018-02-13-11.29.50-am.jpg

Private collection of unique bikes stolen in SF-screen-shot-2018-02-13-11.30.09-am.jpg

Private collection of unique bikes stolen in SF-screen-shot-2018-02-13-11.30.25-am.jpg

Private collection of unique bikes stolen in SF-screen-shot-2018-02-13-11.30.00-am.jpg

Private collection of unique bikes stolen in SF-screen-shot-2018-02-13-11.30.38-am.jpg

Private collection of unique bikes stolen in SF-screen-shot-2018-02-13-11.30.51-am.jpg

Private collection of unique bikes stolen in SF-screen-shot-2018-02-13-11.30.17-am.jpg
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    This is terrifying to me since this is my neighborhood in SF! - I will definitely keep my eyes open - I always have my "nice" bikes locked up with a moto lock and a couple of "decoy" bikes that do not have the moto lock - but this still worries me b/c it seems like this was a planned burglary - I hope the thieves are caught and castrated w/ a rusty knife

Moderator Moderator
    I was thinking of novel solutions to bike theft, after my daughter's bike was stolen this weekend in Palo Alto. One was a lottery type app that encourages users to check random bikes they see against the national stolen registry. For every stolen bike found, a cash reward is presented. Another was to do a GoFundMe to hire a private investigation firm to continuously investigate bike theft rings, flea markets, etc. Any other ideas?
    The only easy day was yesterday.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    Any other ideas?
    How about convicted bike thieves are dealt with under this new legal framework called jungle justice:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lions-kil...100327726.html

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Alcatraz needs to be put back into operation

Hella Olde
    Sorry to hear about this!!! i live down by the one of the hubs of crime and will def be on the lookout (16th and Mission).