mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Prairie City race Series MUD photos posted - "Prairie-Roubaix"??!

For sure this was the "Prairie Roubaix" tonight at the PCRS races...

At least it was ride-able and not sticky...

Photos posted! Prairie City Race Series* Mountain Bike racing, riding trails and Kids MT Biking in Sacramento, Cyclocross too! RACEMTB.COM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Prairie City race Series MUD photos posted - "Prairie-Roubaix"??!-20120411197.jpg  

Prairie City race Series MUD photos posted - "Prairie-Roubaix"??!-20120411013.jpg  

Prairie City race Series MUD photos posted - "Prairie-Roubaix"??!-20120411082.jpg  

Prairie City race Series MUD photos posted - "Prairie-Roubaix"??!-20120411142.jpg  

Best racing series in the West!
    http://www.bicyclingevents.com
    Helmet cam reviews
    http://www.helmetcamreview.com

mtbr member
    Thanks Brian!!

That was fun last night. You just simply had to embrace to mud, accept it, and all was good
    The best was demo-ing a Rocky Mountain 990, a sweet $5000, 20lb carbon fiber hardtail. No clean up for me. Just hosed the bike off and gave it back to them to fix
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    haha, glad i stayed home last night. i'll take 105 degree heat and lung clogging dust over that mess!
    something about the west coast...it makes me wanna ride

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    Thanks Brian!!

That was fun last night. You just simply had to embrace to mud, accept it, and all was good
    The best was demo-ing a Rocky Mountain 990, a sweet $5000, 20lb carbon fiber hardtail. No clean up for me. Just hosed the bike off and gave it back to them to fix
    smart, smart man!

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006
    Woke up early this morning just so I could break down my bike and clean it up. Need a new chain and new brake pads (both of which I needed anyway), but other than that all good! It was a battle out there...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Prairie City race Series MUD photos posted - "Prairie-Roubaix"??!-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Results are up
    Prairie City Race Series* Mountain Bike racing, riding trails and Kids MT Biking in Sacramento, Cyclocross too! RACEMTB.COM

Why only 5 extra points?
    I thought a mud race was 10 extra points
    I'm guessing the points are still just preliminary and they are getting it worked out.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    That was a fun ride. I need to go assess all of the parts that need replacing this morning..

edit:

1. Brake pads
    2. Need to pull and clean headset/steerer tube
    3. Maybe a new chain
    4. I should probably pull the bottom bracket and give it a nice cleaning while I'm at it

Last edited by nachomc; 04-12-2012 at 10:31 AM.
    :wq

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I had a ****ing blast out there. It was so much fun! I didn't turn up in any of the race photos, but I have one from afterwards when I had "cleaned up" a bit...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Prairie City race Series MUD photos posted - "Prairie-Roubaix"??!-blurrymud.jpg  

mtbr member

little muddy!

I didn't get a full pic of me and was a bit bummed not to see one on the site but here's my leg

Rinsed off the bike but have not assessed the damage! Did sound a little like a bucket of marbles and the rear brakes were non existent..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Prairie City race Series MUD photos posted - "Prairie-Roubaix"??!-469311_3101913061482_1073861600_32333262_1112597811_o.jpg  

mtbr member
    Looks like the last two Boggs 8 hr races! Fun, but tough on the components and the wallet. There should be a "mudbike" category where you can only ride an old beater.
    "Time won't leave me as I am "