mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Praire City Prison Prologue 2/3 full - updated map

I've updated the map to refect some significant changes.... New flume trails, more accurate single track locations and technical section added. Bigger map HERE. Course includes: Fire break roads, gravel roads, sweeping single track on old flume, new single track, three creek crossings over bridges or ramps, bermed sweeping turns and technical single track. Approx 520 feet of climbing per lap, run in clock-wise direction.

Currently the pre-reg is over 2/3 full for this first race on Sunday March 27. More info HERE.

Photos from last weekends Sierra Nevada High School race on the prison course: HERE.

Sweet stuff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Praire City Prison Prologue 2/3 full - updated map-2011prisonrodeoxcsm.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Best racing series in the West!
    http://www.bicyclingevents.com
    Helmet cam reviews
    http://www.helmetcamreview.com

mtb'er
    Asa and company did a really great job building that. Fun track! I really hope the City acquires that land and makes it a mt. bike park

Proud lame eBiker
    Wondering if the first race will be a Double Point race? Will it be raining? If this weather pattern continues, that venue will be interesting!

So I've heard the amenities at the Folsom Fairgrounds is pretty grim, ie no water and nasty toilets. Can anyone else confirm this? Just want to make sure I'm fully prepped, extra water, empty tank, before arriving. ;-)
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

mtbr member
    I'm trying to get out there for Sunday! I'd like to ride that course.
    :wq

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    So I've heard the amenities at the Folsom Fairgrounds is pretty grim, ie no water and nasty toilets. Can anyone else confirm this?
    Oh I don't think it's that grim...I mean, it's really not anything significantly worse off than the restrooms at Prairie City. And there is a hose around the entrance gates to the rodeo grounds for washing off bikes and what not. Can't imagine the water out of that is anything worse than what comes out of the hoses at the normal PC race grounds.

Can't wait for this race...

First race of the PCRS season = WIN.
    New, stupid fun looking singletrack = WIN.
    Great venue that I can my bike to from my house = WIN.
    A new full season of Wednesday night racing, and heckling your friends = full of WIN.

Bring it!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    This looks like it could be fun but with pro's/experts racing only 15 miles and sports 10, this seems more like a sprint than anything else. Can someone post more pictures of the single track because the way it looks currently, it seems like it might only be a handful of sweet switch backs and berms.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by scaryfast
    This looks like it could be fun but with pro's/experts racing only 15 miles and sports 10, this seems more like a sprint than anything else. Can someone post more pictures of the single track because the way it looks currently, it seems like it might only be a handful of sweet switch backs and berms.

The Prairie City races are sprint races... the regular sched for Beginners is about 6 miles, Sport 12 miles and Expert 15. The beginners usually get done in 20-30 minutes, Experts in about an hour or maybe 1:15.

There is also more climbing that at PCRS or Granite Bay (as example). I think this course is a very good balance of enough single track mixed with enough open areas to pass. Plus it is way fun.

The entire flume is single track (look on map - two sections) and basically everything on the south side of the prison property line is singe track as well.

We are working on a May 15 Prison race as well.... On that one it will be 2, 3 and 4 laps.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by CactusJackSlade; 03-17-2011 at 09:01 PM.
    Helmet cam reviews

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

More pics

I was out on the new singletrack this afternoon... after yesterdays day long downpour I was not sure what I'd find...

I was pleasently surprised, I could have brought my bike! Only a few soggy spots and I cut drains into them. Now I'm not so worried if it rains...

Here are some more pic's with my phone camera...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Praire City Prison Prologue 2/3 full - updated map-img00061-20110316-1742.jpg  

Praire City Prison Prologue 2/3 full - updated map-img00062-20110316-1825.jpg  

Praire City Prison Prologue 2/3 full - updated map-img00063-20110316-1825.jpg  

Helmet cam reviews

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Thanks for the photos Jack! I may just sign up.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Mud?

I wonder how the trails will hold up will be with all this rain??