Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 35 of 35
  1. #26
    rj2
    rj2 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rj2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by datenschwanz
    Don't let them get to you! Even if you extrapolate your time from four laps into five laps and compared what you would have done (won #1 in expert class) if you'd raced expert I don't think you're sandbagging! You're just WAY, WAY, WAY faster than everyone else in your class.

    Keep up the good work!
    And that's without a warmup.

  2. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DennistheMennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by datenschwanz
    Don't let them get to you! Even if you extrapolate your time from four laps into five laps and compared what you would have done (won #1 in expert class) if you'd raced expert I don't think you're sandbagging! You're just WAY, WAY, WAY faster than everyone else in your class.

    Keep up the good work!
    Thanks! Yeah, you're right: I don't think you can extrapolate into Expert just like that. My last lap was definitely slower than my first 3, and no way could I have maintained that pace for another lap! Interesting though.

    I will be missing #4, and maybe #5 too. But I sure have fun on that course. I wonder how Toro park will be?

  3. #28
    Let's ride SuperModerator
    Reputation: rensho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,593
    Quote Originally Posted by datenschwanz
    Don't let them get to you! Even if you extrapolate your time from four laps into five laps and compared what you would have done (won #1 in expert class) if you'd raced expert I don't think you're sandbagging! You're just WAY, WAY, WAY faster than everyone else in your class.

    Keep up the good work!
    If way, way, way faster than everyone in your group isn't the def of sandbagging, what is?

    I guess you could slow down after 3 laps, catch your breath for 4 mins, let the 2nd place pass, dog him and pip him at the line.

    If it is still fun, don't mind me, I'm just blabbering. It's all about the fun.

  4. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DennistheMennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by rensho
    If way, way, way faster than everyone in your group isn't the def of sandbagging, what is?

    I guess you could slow down after 3 laps, catch your breath for 4 mins, let the 2nd place pass, dog him and pip him at the line.

    If it is still fun, don't mind me, I'm just blabbering. It's all about the fun.
    Yeah, when is it time to move on. Good question.

    After I won my first Beginner race (only took me 9 years!) I went Sport. Two years later and I win my first Sport race. Seems like it might be time. It is still waaay fun to me though! Otherwise I wouldn't even show up.

    It may be moot, as I will likely miss several races anyway.

  5. #30
    jms
    jms is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,559

    Not sandbagging

    A little history of that class - last year's winner of Sport 45-54 @ the CCCX series was petitioned out of the class after winning the overall for THREE years running. If I were concerned with "sandbagging", I believe that would be an excellent example. Frankly, whoever doesn't like the results is free to change them by BEATING the current leader next time around.
    Being too concerned about someone else's performance smacks of "Sour Grapes". Slighting the winners efforts by indicating he's somehow less deserving [a "Sandbagger"]is like trying to lower those around you to raise yourself. Yuck!
    Let Dennis the Menace and the race organizers worry about his performance. Work on your own performance, if it's "All That and A Bag of Chips" to win a race. Congrats and well done to you Dennis.

  6. #31
    YESBRO!!!
    Reputation: datenschwanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,128
    Oh SNAP!

  7. #32
    rj2
    rj2 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rj2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    919

    Well, don't give him any ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by jms
    A little history of that class - last year's winner of Sport 45-54 @ the CCCX series was petitioned out of the class after winning the overall for THREE years running.
    Let's be serious, I'm just giving him grief because I want to be the guy everyone else biatches about.

  8. #33
    YESBRO!!!
    Reputation: datenschwanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,128
    grasshopper, what is the sound of two balls breaking?

  9. #34
    Let's ride SuperModerator
    Reputation: rensho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,593
    True, JMS, but 2 wrongs don't make a right (not that this is 'wrong'). Dennis is obviously a strong rider, and that in itself is cool. Good for him, for putting in the effort/time to be in this position in the first place. no pun intended.

  10. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DennistheMennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by rj2
    Let's be serious, I'm just giving him grief because I want to be the guy everyone else biatches about.
    Yeah, Richard and I go way back... 17 years!

    BTW, the only thing more cool than being accused of sandbagging is when Scott Calley accused me of looking like I was 19 years old!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •