Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 66
  1. #1
    fc
    fc is online now
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    24,350

    photos from the wreck +update

    Hey everyone, Forrester Ed Orre from Demo Forest sent me a CD today of some accident pics. Those guys are truly awesome. Here they are and I'll add some current events.

    Here I am smiling as the cavalry arrives:
    <img src="http://mtbr.com/author/photos/accident/pics 003.jpg">

    It felt really good to get strapped on to this board. It game me a nice sense of security. Three hours later, I was still on this board going in and out of the Cat Scan tunnel. It was hell!!
    <img src="http://mtbr.com/author/photos/accident/pics 005.jpg">

    Here is the cavalry. When the shock wore off and the pain set in, I just wanted to be in a bed with some drugs and get some rest. The minutes count at that point. Many, many thanks to everyone who rushed to get help and those that rushed in to help.
    <img src="http://mtbr.com/author/photos/accident/pics 006.jpg">

    Here's my two lieutenants... good friend derek and cousin ray.
    <img src="http://mtbr.com/author/photos/accident/pics 010.jpg">

    Here's my expensive ride to the hospital. It came right off the set of 'Airwolf'.
    <img src="http://mtbr.com/author/photos/accident/pics 013.jpg">

    <img src="http://mtbr.com/author/photos/accident/pics 017.jpg">

    When I got home, the kids got scared. But they got used to it.
    <img src="http://mtbr.com/author/photos/accident/img_8019.jpg">

    But now I'm 98% good. The kids beat me up at every opportunity. I get my teeth completed this week. Miguel whacked his teeth last year and we needed to have them pulled out last week. It might be a while til they grow back.
    <img src="http://mtbr.com/author/photos/accident/teethless1.jpg">

    Any trails in Arnold, Bear Valley? My sister bought a house there! And I can get a key. We paid a visit and there's lots of trees there.

    <img src="http://mtbr.com/author/photos/accident/img_8640.jpg">
    <img src="http://mtbr.com/author/photos/accident/img_8641.jpg">
    <img src="http://mtbr.com/author/photos/accident/img_8651.jpg">

    So thanks for the well wishes. I'm almost ready to mtb. I rode last week and didn't feel like a sick person, just slooooow. We'll have a bigass ride-party soon. Rangers and Foresters invited!

    francois
    Last edited by fc; 08-07-2006 at 12:53 PM.
    IPA will save America

  2. #2
    10100111001
    Reputation: mtb_g33k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    392
    I'm new here, so can you point me to the thread that explains what happened? Or maybe a quick explanation of how and where?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rockcrawler53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    189

    Wow!!!!

    Those photos really tell the story of what happened. It looks like they really treated you well and your all patched up the right way. Its nice to see you have a great spirit and ready to get back on the bike asap. Hope to see you on the trails soon.

  4. #4
    smw
    smw is offline
    pedal pusher
    Reputation: smw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,234
    Great to hear. I too will be ready to go pretty soon. Yes there is good riding around Bear Valley/Arnold area, atleast that is what Ive read on this site. I think Ogre has mentioned it before.

    Sean
    Gears and suspension are for girls and old men. Feel free to quote me in your signature. - Fast Eddy

  5. #5
    fc
    fc is online now
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    24,350
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_g33k
    I'm new here, so can you point me to the thread that explains what happened? Or maybe a quick explanation of how and where?

    Ahh, you don't want to read the other thread. It'll take all day.

    Here is the log. It is on Ridge trail right after the Tractor Trail junction. There's three jumps in sequence and this is the second one.

    I've done a hundred times without even a bobble. In fact, in twelve years, I've never gone down hard since I just ride in my comfort zone. That being said, I really don't know how to react or escape when things go wrong! When trees attack...

    So that day, we had a ton of people. There were a couple of people blocking the line to the second jump but folks were doing it anyway. I did it, tapped my brake too much and approached it from an angle and not really paying attention. See that knot on the right side of the end of the log? My front wheel went to the side of that and fell. Instead of bailing, I continued to hop and never left the bike. My hands and face hit the ground with maximum leverage.

    Seconds after I hit the ground, I thought $10k-6months. That's how much it's going to cost me in dollars and time. Funny how my brain is analytical sometimes.

    Then I felt sad and just wanted to go home. It's a good thing 60 of my good friends were there to help me.

    francois
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fc; 08-07-2006 at 03:32 PM.
    IPA will save America

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,541
    Glad to hear your recovery is going well.

    Get back on the bike soon. (I mean real bike )

  7. #7
    Student
    Reputation: [CrazyRick_11]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    821
    glad to hear ur getting better.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash. ~Julie Furtado

  8. #8
    aka baycat
    Reputation: Ryan G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,484
    Francois

    congrats on the progess..

    Second pic is a funny one, like what the fack is happening to me as strapped in so tight.

    Ryan

  9. #9
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by baycat
    Second pic is a funny one, like what the fack is happening to me as strapped in so tight.Ryan
    That same thought went through my mind re that pic.

    Heal well and fast, go hard on the arnica cream..
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  10. #10
    Groveland Trail Heads
    Reputation: scheckler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,897

    Nice to hear

    from you, Francois Glad you are healing. Can't wait for the "Return of Francois ride"... maybe we could schedule a "Return of Francois and Sean" ride
    My beat box is bumpin' and my rhymes are fresh...
    www.grovelandtrailheads.org

  11. #11
    Silence! I kill you!
    Reputation: Jorgemonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,024
    I think that second pic should show up as the Photo Caption Contest photo

    On a serious note, I loved watching Airwolf while growing up (yes, I'm that young)

    Glad to hear you're gettin better, and when you are abel to ride, a good Demo party/BBQ might be in order!
    My photography website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

  12. #12
    Paper or plastic?
    Reputation: zorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8,799
    Quote Originally Posted by scheckler
    from you, Francois Glad you are healing. Can't wait for the "Return of Francois ride"... maybe we could schedule a "Return of Francois and Sean" ride
    Yes, we should rent some cruisers and then just ride them around Vasona Park. That way, we'll make sure nobody gets hurt.

    Glad to know that the uberlord is getting better.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

  13. #13
    my legs are sore
    Reputation: Rick O'Shay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    273
    Lots of riding around Arnold, Big Trees, Angels Camp and Bear Valley. A lot of it is old logging roads and 4x4 roads, but there is a decent amount of singletrack if you know where to find it.

    Where is the cabin? If it's in Blue Lake, there's a network of trails behind the subdivision that aren't mapped. If you're in Lakemont Pines, there's another series of trails behind the subdivision that you can also get to from Avery Sheep Ranch Road. Most of those trails have been mapped out. Stop at the Forest Service Headquarters in Hathaway Pines (along Highway 4) and ask for the "Interface Trails" map.

    Bear Valley is a fun place to ride. The trails aren't as long as the ones around Tahoe, but you can always connect a few. The Adventure Company (first store on your left as you turn off the highway) has a good booklet of trails in the area.

    Let me know if you want any more info.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cRasHmAstER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    516

    Looking good

    there Ultralord glad the recovery is going well and your back on the bike.
    take care and I'll see you soon.

    CrAzY AnNdY
    1man 1gear 1speed

  15. #15
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599
    yeah glad the recovery is moving right along!!! I'll have to do a celebratory "Francis Ride" with you when you're ready to hit the trails again!!

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sungchang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    648
    Glad to see you are healing well. Can't wait to the "Return of Francois and Sean" ride.

  17. #17
    fc
    fc is online now
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    24,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick O'Shay
    Lots of riding around Arnold, Big Trees, Angels Camp and Bear Valley. A lot of it is old logging roads and 4x4 roads, but there is a decent amount of singletrack if you know where to find it.

    Where is the cabin? If it's in Blue Lake, there's a network of trails behind the subdivision that aren't mapped. If you're in Lakemont Pines, there's another series of trails behind the subdivision that you can also get to from Avery Sheep Ranch Road. Most of those trails have been mapped out. Stop at the Forest Service Headquarters in Hathaway Pines (along Highway 4) and ask for the "Interface Trails" map.

    Bear Valley is a fun place to ride. The trails aren't as long as the ones around Tahoe, but you can always connect a few. The Adventure Company (first store on your left as you turn off the highway) has a good booklet of trails in the area.

    Let me know if you want any more info.

    The cabin/house is in Mill Woods subdivision. Manuel street from Highway 4.

    Do you live around there? I'm not ready to ride yet but I'd like to ride with someone who knows the trails when the time comes. Me and trail maps just don't get along.

    francois
    IPA will save America

  18. #18
    fc
    fc is online now
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    24,350
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgemonkey
    On a serious note, I loved watching Airwolf while growing up (yes, I'm that young)
    Here you go... since I'm in a giving mood.

    <img src="http://timstvshowcase.com/airwolf0.jpg">

    fc
    IPA will save America

  19. #19
    Let's ride
    Reputation: rensho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,137
    Glad the new teeth are in and that you're well on your way to recovery.

    Coming up to the accident scene was among the scarier points in my mtb career. We can do without any more of those.

    Cool chopper. For that price, do you get to keep it? Can i try flying it?

  20. #20
    Let's ride
    Reputation: rensho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,137
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Here you go... since I'm in a giving mood.

    <img src="http://timstvshowcase.com/airwolf0.jpg">

    fc
    I loved that show. It is cool how he can get that chopper in and out of that cave.

  21. #21
    jrm
    jrm is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,624

    Glad to hear your gettin better..

    And that youve punished the kiddie wheeled bike appropriately...

    This pics kinda creepy..i guess im watching to much forensic files and not enuf PINKS..


    <img src="http://mtbr.com/author/photos/accident/pics 006.jpg">

  22. #22
    10100111001
    Reputation: mtb_g33k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    When I hit, I thought $10k-6months. That's how much it's going to cost me in dollars and time. Funny how my brain is analytical sometimes.

    Thanks for the quick explanation. Glad to hear your recovery is coming along. It truly is funny the things that you think or say right after a life determining event happens. I've had a few of those moments in life and it's always funny to remember what was said.

  23. #23
    Typical Mountain Biker
    Reputation: chucke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    660
    Glad to hear that you are doing better francois.

    I was just starting to lurk on mtbr when the big demo ride and accident took place. I have never met you but after reading all the threads I feel like I know you a little. Also, every time I get passed by Derek on your SS, I can't help but think of you... Hope to see you on the trails soon!
    Dude with a single track mind.

  24. #24
    Ebo
    Ebo is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,730
    Hey Francis. Good to see you healing and with a positive outlook. Are you going with dental implants? I did and it was worth the $$$'s. If you have any questions about them, let me know. Once they do surgury, it takes about 6 months of healing before they put in the posts and new teeth. You'll be LOOKING GOOD in no time.

  25. #25
    fc
    fc is online now
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    24,350
    Quote Originally Posted by chucke
    Glad to hear that you are doing better francois.

    I was just starting to lurk on mtbr when the big demo ride and accident took place. I have never met you but after reading all the threads I feel like I know you a little. Also, every time I get passed by Derek on your SS, I can't help but think of you... Hope to see you on the trails soon!
    Likewise man. Derek and Rensho often come to my house after those gap rides. They talk about you as they give me a pedal by pedal account of the ride.

    francois
    IPA will save America

  26. #26
    my legs are sore
    Reputation: Rick O'Shay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    273
    OK, I know where that is. I've done some riding behind White Pines lake, but I think a lot of the trails changed after they did some tree harvesting a few years ago. Most of my riding is on the south side of the highway.

    No, I don't live there, my family owns a cabin. I usually spend 1 or 2 weekends a month there. I'd be glad to show you some of the trails in the area if you want.

    Feel free to email me at psm@dolby.com.

    Paul

    Oh by the way, glad you're doing better. That looked like a nasty faceplant.

  27. #27
    fc
    fc is online now
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    24,350
    Quote Originally Posted by smw
    Great to hear. I too will be ready to go pretty soon. Yes there is good riding around Bear Valley/Arnold area, atleast that is what Ive read on this site. I think Ogre has mentioned it before.

    Sean
    Yeah thanks for the videos. You can have them back now.

    I'll build up a library of bike videos to pass along to the next rider that has a recovery timeout.

    francois
    IPA will save America

  28. #28
    fc
    fc is online now
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    24,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebo
    Hey Francis. Good to see you healing and with a positive outlook. Are you going with dental implants? I did and it was worth the $$$'s. If you have any questions about them, let me know. Once they do surgury, it takes about 6 months of healing before they put in the posts and new teeth. You'll be LOOKING GOOD in no time.
    No implants... crown/bridge.

    The 6 months is the dealbreaker for me. My bridge will be done this week.

    The other factors are the adjacent teeth... One had to be rebuilt and the other has a big filling anyway. Cost is an issue too. The implant is 0% covered while the other is 50%.

    I haven't seen the dentist too in 10 years so I'm getting a 100k mile tune-up.

    francois
    IPA will save America

  29. #29
    fc
    fc is online now
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    24,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick O'Shay
    OK, I know where that is. I've done some riding behind White Pines lake, but I think a lot of the trails changed after they did some tree harvesting a few years ago. Most of my riding is on the south side of the highway.

    No, I don't live there, my family owns a cabin. I usually spend 1 or 2 weekends a month there. I'd be glad to show you some of the trails in the area if you want.

    Feel free to email me at psm@dolby.com.

    Paul

    Oh by the way, glad you're doing better. That looked like a nasty faceplant.
    Yes, it's a mile from White Pines Lake.

    regards,
    francois
    IPA will save America

  30. #30
    smw
    smw is offline
    pedal pusher
    Reputation: smw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,234
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Yeah thanks for the videos. You can have them back now.

    I'll build up a library of bike videos to pass along to the next rider that has a recovery timeout.

    francois

    Ya got any tour vids from past years, I still got another week of hanging out in the house.

    Sean
    Gears and suspension are for girls and old men. Feel free to quote me in your signature. - Fast Eddy

  31. #31
    Binford Specialist
    Reputation: Joseph-da-trog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    737

    Did you say Bear Valley

    You did did'nt you. All of the Trogs have been riding in and around the Bear Valley, Lake Alpine area for the past 5 or so years. I know the trail system very well and can take you on a really good ride when you are ready. There are SS friendly trails and there are FS worthy trails it all depends what your flavor is for the ride you want to do. Bear Valley is one of my favorite place to ride and camp. Just say when bro. I will return the favor of you showing the Trogs Demo

    I am so happy to see and update from you on your status. Can not wait to see you on the trails again.
    The climbs were greuling, never-ending sets of false summits and soul-crushing walls.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: arandal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Yes, it's a mile from White Pines Lake.

    regards,
    francois
    I lived in Bear Valley for several years, year round. Plenty of good trails. Not as long as Tahoe, but quieter (even in the weekends). As several people have already replied, I won't add to the suggestions, but I'll say it is a really, really fun place to ride. And if you get bored, it ain't far to Tahoe from Bear Valley (and a stunning drive) In BV the "Super-elusive" is very, very good this year. Jodi at the Bear Valley Adventure Company is the man. He works on the trails and does chainsaw duty every year (as I have with him, but not in recent years). Enjoy it when you get there.

    As for your injury... I am now wearing one of my two Giro switchblades all the time (even on xc rides) , especially when I think of the dentist, dental surgery and your pictures. I hear people laughing at me in my helmet, but I really, really don't give a sh#t any more. I have my teeth and so I smile. No doubt you are looking forward to being all in one piece again. Rest up, cheers, Adrian
    don't believe everything you think.

  33. #33
    utilitarian biker
    Reputation: Mountain Medic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    463
    Hey Francois,

    Glad to hear you are doing better. I actually have the bear valley trail guide. WEnt there about a month ago. If you want to check it out, let me know and I'll drop it off at you house.

    I'm going up that way this four day (Wed-Sat). Will be staying up in Dorrington nearby. IF you have time come up, we'll go on a cruiser ride.

    It's funny that you posted that picture, I looked at that log the other day at Demo and thought, nah, not today.
    Long live long rides.

  34. #34
    aka dan51
    Reputation: d-bug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,925
    Glad to see your healing.
    Hopefully you'll be back and can do Gap rides with us before it starts getting dark early.
    You'll have a battle with Derek to get your bike back though.

    -Dan

  35. #35
    Spin-stabilized
    Reputation: bailout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,329
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Here you go... since I'm in a giving mood.

    <img src="http://timstvshowcase.com/airwolf0.jpg">

    fc

    I always thought Blue Thunder was cooler than airwolf with it's multi-barreled shredder up front. My classmates in gradeschool were all about Airwolf though.

    Anyway, glad to hear that you are doing well. That same log jump gave me my first Demo injury. Fortunately, it only cost me a day off work and a tube of triple antibiotic ointment (concussion, sprained wrist and shoulder). It was back in the day when I would jump stuff without really knowing how to (not enough speed to defy gravity).

    I no longer live in the greater Bay Area but would like to ride with you guys in the future. Maybe I'd finally get to meet the uberlord in person.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    723

    Technical

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph-da-trog
    You did did'nt you. All of the Trogs have been riding in and around the Bear Valley, Lake Alpine area for the past 5 or so years. I know the trail system very well and can take you on a really good ride when you are ready. There are SS friendly trails and there are FS worthy trails it all depends what your flavor is for the ride you want to do. Bear Valley is one of my favorite place to ride and camp. Just say when bro. I will return the favor of you showing the Trogs Demo

    I am so happy to see and update from you on your status. Can not wait to see you on the trails again.
    I vaguely remember planning a ride up there that didn't happen and there was supposed to be a fairly technical downhill near Lake Alpine or the ski resort, possibly dropping into the Mokelumne Canyon.
    Good to see you healing up Francis.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,986
    It's great to hear that you're back and almost completely healed

    That picture of you and your son... both smiling with broken / missing teeth... is a keeper

  38. #38
    JFR
    JFR is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JFR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    978
    Right on Francois! I'm so glad to see this recovery thread from you and to get confirmation you're doing well.

    Hope to see you on a ride soon... the high sierra's are calling you.

  39. #39
    Gone riding
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,369
    Great to hear that you’re well along the road to recovery Francois. You’ll be back in the saddle in no time I am sure.

    Keep strong.

    Dave.

  40. #40
    fc
    fc is online now
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    24,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Shorts
    It's great to hear that you're back and almost completely healed

    That picture of you and your son... both smiling with broken / missing teeth... is a keeper
    Thanks man. Yeah, I've gotten to know my kids really well. They are funny little people!

    francosi
    IPA will save America

  41. #41
    fc
    fc is online now
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    24,350
    Quote Originally Posted by JFR
    Right on Francois! I'm so glad to see this recovery thread from you and to get confirmation you're doing well.

    Hope to see you on a ride soon... the high sierra's are calling you.
    Yes, yes, my man. The year's passing by and I haven't seen your high-flying mug.

    francois
    IPA will save America

  42. #42
    fc
    fc is online now
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    24,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Medic
    Hey Francois,

    Glad to hear you are doing better. I actually have the bear valley trail guide. WEnt there about a month ago. If you want to check it out, let me know and I'll drop it off at you house.

    I'm going up that way this four day (Wed-Sat). Will be staying up in Dorrington nearby. IF you have time come up, we'll go on a cruiser ride.

    It's funny that you posted that picture, I looked at that log the other day at Demo and thought, nah, not today.
    I saw that trail guide already so need. Looks like there's a bunch of trails there. Trails, lakes, trees... not bad.

    francois
    IPA will save America

  43. #43
    Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Reputation: CraigH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,755
    Thanks for posting an update, it sounds like you are well on the way to recovery.

    Let me know when you want to ride in a foreign country...

  44. #44
    fc
    fc is online now
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    24,350
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigH
    Thanks for posting an update, it sounds like you are well on the way to recovery.

    Let me know when you want to ride in a foreign country...
    Oh man Craig, in my recovery I've been watching Roam and Collective over and over. Now I know what all the Whistler fuss is all about. When are the ideal months to visit your neighborhood?

    francois
    IPA will save America

  45. #45
    fc
    fc is online now
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    24,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph-da-trog
    You did did'nt you. All of the Trogs have been riding in and around the Bear Valley, Lake Alpine area for the past 5 or so years. I know the trail system very well and can take you on a really good ride when you are ready. There are SS friendly trails and there are FS worthy trails it all depends what your flavor is for the ride you want to do. Bear Valley is one of my favorite place to ride and camp. Just say when bro. I will return the favor of you showing the Trogs Demo

    I am so happy to see and update from you on your status. Can not wait to see you on the trails again.

    Yes, I will be taking you up on that for sure! This year, end of season we should go.

    fc
    IPA will save America

  46. #46
    Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Reputation: CraigH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,755
    The best months weather wise are probably July, August & September. Before or after that can be good, but it could also suck. We ride all year round, but what & where we ride is weather dependant.

    Vancouver weather stats
    http://www.theweathernetwork.com/wea...ges/C02096.htm

    Whistler & Squamish are obviously a little different than that, but it gives you an idea.

    We just got back from a week long road trip riding around Rainer & St. Helen's, lots of good stuff there.

  47. #47
    fc
    fc is online now
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    24,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalk
    Glad to hear your recovery is going well.

    Get back on the bike soon. (I mean real bike )

    Hey Comrade, how's that new full-face working out? I need to hear the lowdown and see some pics man.

    francois
    IPA will save America

  48. #48
    Fartographer
    Reputation: Photo-John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    1,875

    Oh!

    Hey - that's not the log I thought you crashed on. It makes more sense to me now. I thought you were on those log jumps/drops that are actually on Tractor. One more reason for me to not ride on logs or skinnies!
    Back of the camera, back of the pack.

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    229

    I heard that they're making a movie!!!

    Check it:
    Attached Images Attached Images

  50. #50
    fc
    fc is online now
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    24,350
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbhead
    Check it:

    Very funny Schlacter Factor. Somebody photochop the Factor's photo right now. My kung-fu's no good at the moment.

    <img src="http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/667/Scottdh1sm.jpg">

    fc
    IPA will save America

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •