gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008

The Perfect Game

Totally OT but it's a local thing. Anybody at the game last night?

What a thrill and couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy. Yay Matt Cain!

mtbr member
    I was watching but barely paying attention because the of the 10-0 score when I happened to look up from my computer and saw the 0 | 0 | 0...wait a minute! What's going on here?!

Simply amazing...off to see Zito play live in an hour...back to back perfect games? (ha, not likely...never sure which Zito will show up)
    I'm not sure how this works.

mtbr member
    Not a Giants fan (A's) but I watched the last two innings when I heard it was happening. Very cool. Cain is an easy guy to like.

It's about showing up.
    Brilliant. Awesome. Blanco's catch was a fine piece of baseball but the timing of it made it extra special. The last grounder to Arias at 3rd ate him up and put him on his heels for the throw but he manages well with that.

Matt was unflappable. Last week he was voted by major league players as the most underrated pitcher in baseball.
    I don't rattle.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Hungus View Post
    Not a Giants fan (A's) but I watched the last two innings when I heard it was happening. Very cool. Cain is an easy guy to like.
    A's were pretty cool last night too. Reminds me of years ago when they had the fight in them.

Medium?
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Simply amazing...off to see Zito play live in an hour...back to back perfect games? (ha, not likely...never sure which Zito will show up)
    More like walk, walk, walk, slam.

Cam
    I was lucky to be there! 12 Rows up on the first baseline.

I kept doing the Ferris Bueller "hey batter batter...suh-wing batter" to the Astros and they kept swinging and missing, or watching as strike pitch flew by them. By the 4th Inning we were all impressed with Cains strikeout tally and of course the # of runs the Giants had, and then we noticed Cain had a No-No going. A few innings later we noticed he had a perfect game going. Of course no one said that out loud. Then when the two outfield catches happened, we felt something rare was going on and the whole team knew it. The stadium was electric the remainder of the game.

Cain was cool as a cucumber and absolutely did the majority of the work, but that was truly a perfect game by the whole Giants team.
    I'll admit I'm not an avid baseball fan (mountain biking is always perfect in my mind), but I do like going to the occasional game, and I'd gone to that game for free courtesy of a consultant.
    I can say that it was truly something lucky & special to witness!!! I'm more of a fan now for sure.
    Go Giants!

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy View Post
    More like walk, walk, walk, slam.
    Click, click, boom!

I was hanging out at Skeggs and one of the groups had the game on and they told me what's going on. Then I heard the last inning on the drive down and I called my kid to make sure he was watching.

fc

mtbr member
    In addition to riding I love baseball as well. Pretty cool to see a perfect game like Cain's.

It's about showing up.
    FWIW, many kids form baseball transition to mtb racing. I'm not sure what the correlating interest is but, as the British say, there you are.
    I don't rattle.

YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley Mike View Post
    FWIW, many kids form baseball transition to mtb racing. I'm not sure what the correlating interest is but, as the British say, there you are.
    Thought they said Bob's your uncle?
    Banned for showing Boobies.

mtbr member
    missed the skeggs ride so I could take my dad to the game for an early fathers day celebration. amazing!

mtbr member
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339903501.102846.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  23.3 KB

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=grrrah;9416526]missed the skeggs ride so I could take my dad to the game for an early fathers day celebration. amazing![/QUOTE

Your dad is cute
    Last edited by sfgiantsfan; 06-18-2012 at 01:03 PM.
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone