Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Peanut Butter Recall / Salmonella with Clif and Luna Bar Products

I just noticed that some Clif bar products, Luna Bar and Larabar are on the list

My beloved peanut is also taking a hit in these hard economic times.

Here is part of the list,,,,,,,,

"Golden Valley, Minn.-based General Mills said Monday afternoon that it was recalling two flavors of snack bars: LARABAR Peanut Butter Cookie and JamFrakas Peanut Butter Blisscrisp. General Mills said the recall did not affect any other products it makes.

Clif Bar & Co.'s also Monday recalled some Clif branded bars including some under Luna and Clif Mojo labels sold in the U.S. and Canada that contain peanut butter made by Peanut Corp. Clif Bar makes all-natural and organic foods and drinks.

Kellogg Co. recalled 16 products last week, including Keebler Soft Batch Homestyle Peanut Butter Cookies, Famous Amos Peanut Butter Cookies, and Keebler Cheese & Peanut Butter Sandwich Crackers."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090120/...nella_outbreak

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I guess the best way to get peanut butter now is to make your own or go to a store that has one of those grinding machines and grind up a fresh batch. ...As long as the peanuts aren't tainted... ...
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    shoot... I got 2 Mojos in my bag...ate 2 last weekend.

Guess they were ok...
    Cambria Bicycle Outfitters - Santa Rosa
    707 579-5400

Let's ride SuperModerator
    Oh man, that is exactly what I ate last week during workout, and that same night I got way sick. Cliffbar peanut butter crunch! Mystery solved! Now I got to go to the gym and tell them to pull those things off the shelf.

Sweat is just fat crying.
    Peanut butter?!

Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

jms
    mtbr member

Probably not

Quote Originally Posted by rensho
    Oh man, that is exactly what I ate last week during workout, and that same night I got way sick. Cliffbar peanut butter crunch! Mystery solved! Now I got to go to the gym and tell them to pull those things off the shelf.
    Unless you were sick for @ a week to two weeks with a high fever, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, it probably wasn't Salmonella poisoning. I've HAD Salmonella poisoning, and it was a 100 degree fever with an hourly "track meet" to the toilet, followed by the oh so brief but desperately agonizing choice of which end to point at the toilet.....For nearly a WEEK. It took me three weeks to recover from that. My deepest sympathies to anyone contracting it. Sound kinda funny until you've had it, then, not so much.

Hope that's not what you had Rensho - I figure it's more likely your SS Hamster alfalfa pellet diet

dude with orange car
    Yeah, I've had salmonella poisoning and it sucked for a long time.

You can go to the Clif bar web site and see exactly what is subject to recall. It's certain products with specific expiration dates.
    This is no time for levity. - Oliver Hardy

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Refund?

I wonder where we get the refunds. At the retail store we bought it at? I bought a peanut butter cliff at Trader Joe's last week. I'm sure they will take it back. Too bad though, I think those are the best ones.

mtbr member

Dang

I just paid for some Girl Scouts' peanut butter cookies.
    Tequila is a pallid flame that passes through walls and soars over tile roofs to allay despair. A. Mutis

Ebo
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    I was just issued a refund from Cliff Bar over the phone. Here http://www.clifbar.com/voluntary-recall/ Thanks for the heads up JeffH...

Let's ride SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by jms
    Unless you were sick for @ a week to two weeks with a high fever, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, it probably wasn't Salmonella poisoning. I've HAD Salmonella poisoning, and it was a 100 degree fever with an hourly "track meet" to the toilet, followed by the oh so brief but desperately agonizing choice of which end to point at the toilet.....For nearly a WEEK. It took me three weeks to recover from that. My deepest sympathies to anyone contracting it. Sound kinda funny until you've had it, then, not so much.

Hope that's not what you had Rensho - I figure it's more likely your SS Hamster alfalfa pellet diet
    Well, call it what you will, and we'll never know, but I ate it, worked out, went home and felt like I was going to turn inside out at 1am-4am. Got better at around 11am and wen't into work. No real fever or other issues that was memorable, just extreme nausea and vomiting. Which never happens to me unless I'm chasing you around for 50+ miles...

mtbr member

ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Zignzag
    I just paid for some Girl Scouts' peanut butter cookies.

Same here, and I can't wait to eat them!

aka baycat
    Samoas FTW!

Have to dig through my pack to see which Cliff Bar I ate, 25% change it was the PB one.

Lusus Naturae
    They did report in the article that it is not a very strong strain, so its quite possible you wouldnt get as sick as expected.

I just want to know why they are messing with my PB damnit! Keep your stupid facilities clean!

Sweat is just fat crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by rensho
    ...wen't...
    Ok, now- youse guys are getting CRAZY with the apostrophes, dammit!

Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    yeah i actually enjoy the clif pb bars, and started eating them again the past 2 days. i noticed the last few days my stomach has been feeling really bad lately and follishly didnt link the two together. my stomach makes a lot of growling noises and i have to lie down for long period of times. i just ate another clif bar and noticed the recall. wtf!

jrm
    mtbr member

never gotten salmonella

but ill assume its like food poisoning. Looking at the list it looks like my dear JIF Extra Crunchy has been spared...
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

It's about showing up.

High School Racers eat tons of Clif stuff

Clif donates product and gives pro deals to the NorCal High School racers. As such it creates a focus for understanding dietary needs of a training athletes in teens who eat in really crazy ways. I just sent this out to our Club:

As you may have heard Clif Bar has announced a recall of some of it's product containing peanuts from a particular supplier due to a suspected Salmonella contamination. I have taken the time to go over the listed product posted on the Clif Bar site and crossed-checked it against the supply I have been using for team consumption. While I have no data on the boxes of product we have consumed, as they are all gone, we do have one item on that list.

My results show that only the Peanut Mojo is on that list. It is my favorite and I have eaten it without the slightest problem and will continue to do so. I encourage you all to check your supplies of Clif product against the published list to be found at:

http://www.clifbar.com/voluntary-recall/

The site will list Product type and dates of production. Both of these are imprinted on the box and the individual wrapper for easy identification. You must each decide for yourselves what action to take.

It is most important to note that there have been absolutely no reports of Salmonella poisoning from Clif product. Clif, in it's own socially conscious way, simply wishes to insure the health and safety of it's consumers. Gotta like that!

Michael

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    hey u take your chances bro but them crunchy peanut butter clif bars are def tainted, at least the ones i bought from meijer and 7-11 in my area. my symptoms are not horrible but a constant grumbling/achey/tender/bloated stomach aint cool with me!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tropic00
    hey u take your chances bro but them crunchy peanut butter clif bars are def tainted, at least the ones i bought from meijer and 7-11 in my area. my symptoms are not horrible but a constant grumbling/achey/tender/bloated stomach aint cool with me!
    R

Read the post above yours again. They are not definitely tainted. Clif Bar instituted a voluntary recall because they bought some peanut products from the suspected source.

If you go to the Clif Bar web site, they will give you product names and pull dates. I did it last night, went through the CLif bars and Mojo bars I had at home, and found I had 5 that were part of the recall. I also had more than a dozen with no peanuts or not from the affected batches.

[http://www.clifbar.com]

mtbr member
    I just got a call from Costco asking me to trash the box I bought a couple of weeks ago. I guess that's good service.

David.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    hey not sure if u work for clif bar or somthng but ya mine were def bad, product dates matched there web site and now im sick. not sure what the debate is here lol. anyhow my head is killing me and my stomach is very tender to the touch now. 3 daily doses of these seem to be catching up on me as ive taken the next few days from work off ;/ good luck to everyone else out there...

i call it a kaiser blade
    May 2008
    salmonella is all natural.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tropic00
    hey not sure if u work for clif bar or somthng but ya mine were def bad, product dates matched there web site and now im sick. not sure what the debate is here lol. anyhow my head is killing me and my stomach is very tender to the touch now. 3 daily doses of these seem to be catching up on me as ive taken the next few days from work off ;/ good luck to everyone else out there...

Sorry to hear you are sick. No, I don't work for Clif Bar. It wasn't clear to me from your earlier post that the bars you ate matched the web site dates. My point was that folks should check the dates.

Get well.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    i am sorry if i came off as rude or anything, just a bit uneasy at the moment. i havent been able to use the facilities the last 2 days and just got some laxatives to help. the pressure in my stomach was making it very painful to move around. thanks for the well wishes friend

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast