Results 1 to 32 of 32
  1. #1
    That makes me smart
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    13,412

    Pagan fc, JCWages! Mods asleep at the switch!

    Massive 2-page spam attacks going on in Passion, and it's been like that for almost 24 hours, now.

    Name:  Spam.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  61.6 KB
    Wanted: Cheapo pair of flat pedals. Bigger the better.

    Hogan trails from space!

  2. #2
    Trail Gnome
    Reputation: griz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Massive 2-page spam attacks going on in Passion, and it's been like that for almost 24 hours, now.

    Name:  Spam.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  61.6 KB
    I think most people are asleep at the moment but, it does appear that this was going on all day yesterday. Saturday was ride day; it's raining today...they'll take care of it I've been sending the mods notifications when i notice this stuff. FYI, I don't think either of those two guys are mods for that forum? Send a message to crisillo; gregg; MTBAlabama; Bikin' Bric...those are the mods for that forum. Lots of spamming going on these days. Let's help them out a little bit

  3. #3
    middle ring single track
    Reputation: Moe Ped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,458
    FC is the one taking care of most these attacks (from Korea allegedly); the Beer forum had a slew as did All Mountain. BTW FC; there's a half page at AM again, Beer is still OK.
    Content here does not officially represent the CA DPR.

    Windows 10, destroying humanity one upgrade at a time.

  4. #4
    fc
    fc is online now
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    26,230
    done! Man, Finch is up early!!!!

    Hey, I checked the beer forum before I slept! Or maybe I just checked the beer...
    IPA will save America

  5. #5
    middle ring single track
    Reputation: Moe Ped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,458
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    done! Man, Finch is up early!!!!

    Hey, I checked the beer forum before I slept! Or maybe I just checked the beer...
    All Mountain has the spam; Beer OK.
    Content here does not officially represent the CA DPR.

    Windows 10, destroying humanity one upgrade at a time.

  6. #6
    fc
    fc is online now
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    26,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe Ped View Post
    All Mountain has the spam; Beer OK.
    cool. squashyo'd that now.
    IPA will save America

  7. #7
    middle ring single track
    Reputation: Moe Ped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,458
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    cool. squashyo'd that now.
    Is squashyo-ing like Tomcat-ing?
    Content here does not officially represent the CA DPR.

    Windows 10, destroying humanity one upgrade at a time.

  8. #8
    Captain One Lung SuperModerator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3,215
    My powers are limited to this dimension. Unless Finch gets out of control. I can mod him anywhere including other forums.

    And for the record I'm not a Pagan. I'm agnostic which excludes me from worshipping anything except maybe carbon. I'm a big believer of carbon.

  9. #9
    Captain One Lung SuperModerator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe Ped View Post
    Is squashyo-ing like Tomcat-ing?
    More like Tomcat-ing your enemies. Tomcat-ing in like squashyo-ing your own face.

  10. #10
    fc
    fc is online now
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    26,230
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    My powers are limited to this dimension. Unless Finch gets out of control. I can mod him anywhere including other forums.

    And for the record I'm not a Pagan. I'm agnostic which excludes me from worshipping anything except maybe carbon. I'm a big believer of carbon.
    Your carbon kung-fu is strong. Maybe we should have a carbon fiber forum. Carbon Nation - members only.

    We need to promote your mod status since North Korea is out of control here. I'm pretty sure Kim Jung Tomcat is the perp.
    IPA will save America

  11. #11
    Captain One Lung SuperModerator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3,215
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Your carbon kung-fu is strong. Maybe we should have a carbon fiber forum. Carbon Nation - members only.

    We need to promote your mod status since North Korea is out of control here.
    I'm game. I'll go Kim Jong Un on their arses.. I've got a chemical weapons stockpile that includes VX , whoop ass, and even iocane powder.
    Pagan fc, JCWages! Mods asleep at the switch!-b0uy870ciaaxjd9.jpg

  12. #12
    Captain One Lung SuperModerator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3,215
    Maybe we can call it the Carbon Addiction forum.
    Pagan fc, JCWages! Mods asleep at the switch!-screenshot_20170305-070914.jpg

  13. #13
    More pie please
    Reputation: Skyline35's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    I'm game. I'll go Kim Jong Un on their arses.. I've got a chemical weapons stockpile that includes VX , whoop ass, and even iocane powder.
    Don't forget the anti-aircraft guns!

    North Korea executes officials with anti-aircraft gun

  14. #14
    Captain One Lung SuperModerator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyline35 View Post
    Don't forget the anti-aircraft guns!

    North Korea executes officials with anti-aircraft gun
    Dayum! I thought it was bad when Top Gear did that to a Prius.

  15. #15
    I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator
    Reputation: Cayenne_Pepa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,133
    Admins should make mods have full access to tools. I have been here long enough to use proper discretion...
    "Life is way too short to own anything crappy"

  16. #16
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,457
    cargo bike & bike and frame received a dosage of finch's spammage.
    "ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK"

  17. #17
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne_Pepa View Post
    Admins should make mods have full access to tools. I have been here long enough to use proper discretion...
    in total agreement with this, man's gosta have dem tools to git er dun.
    "ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK"

  18. #18
    I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator
    Reputation: Cayenne_Pepa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,133
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    in total agreement with this, man's gosta have dem tools to git er dun.
    Mods are here to keep the peace? I often get flamed, just for that!

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    "Life is way too short to own anything crappy"

  19. #19
    fc
    fc is online now
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    26,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne_Pepa View Post
    Admins should make mods have full access to tools. I have been here long enough to use proper discretion...
    Hell ya. Will work on this today. We need some deputies.

    fc
    IPA will save America

  20. #20
    I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator
    Reputation: Cayenne_Pepa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,133
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Hell ya. Will work on this today. We need some deputies.

    fc
    PM me when this is enabled. Thx!
    "Life is way too short to own anything crappy"

  21. #21
    fc
    fc is online now
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    26,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne_Pepa View Post
    PM me when this is enabled. Thx!
    You should be good now. You and JCWages are supermods.
    IPA will save America

  22. #22
    Captain One Lung SuperModerator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3,215
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    You should be good now. You and JCWages are supermods.
    *rubs hands together with an evil grin*

    Where is Finch?

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sfgiantsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe Ped View Post
    FC is the one taking care of most these attacks (from Korea allegedly); the Beer forum had a slew as did All Mountain. BTW FC; there's a half page at AM again, Beer is still OK.
    Why the hell is FC in Korea(allegedly)
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

  24. #24
    Obi
    Obi is offline
    -_-
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,576
    FWIW and not that it helps but more than just MTBR's Forums were attacked. In the same timeframe other categories of forums (interests) were simultaneously attacked. MarlinCrawler, Toyota Boards, Fishing, etc. all had the same stuff bombing up the sites.

    As far as the SuperMods bit, I'm still having a laugh picturing FC or Justin with the afro.

  25. #25
    That makes me smart
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    13,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi View Post
    FWIW and not that it helps but more than just MTBR's Forums were attacked. In the same timeframe other categories of forums (interests) were simultaneously attacked. MarlinCrawler, Toyota Boards, Fishing, etc. all had the same stuff bombing up the sites.

    As far as the SuperMods bit, I'm still having a laugh picturing FC or Justin with the afro.
    JCWages, you might be able to find an excuse to ban me now after I tell of all the things I've done (in my mind) with Peggy Lipton. Rawwwrrrrr!!!
    Wanted: Cheapo pair of flat pedals. Bigger the better.

    Hogan trails from space!

  26. #26
    Obi
    Obi is offline
    -_-
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    JCWages, you might be able to find an excuse to ban me now after I tell of all the things I've done (in my mind) with Peggy Lipton. Rawwwrrrrr!!!
    Dirty old fart. Next you'll be mentioning Linda Carter.

  27. #27
    Trail Gnome
    Reputation: griz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi View Post
    FWIW and not that it helps but more than just MTBR's Forums were attacked. In the same timeframe other categories of forums (interests) were simultaneously attacked. MarlinCrawler, Toyota Boards, Fishing, etc. all had the same stuff bombing up the sites.

    As far as the SuperMods bit, I'm still having a laugh picturing FC or Justin with the afro.
    That's interesting to hear about the others forums getting attacked...it looks like it isn't Tomcat after all

  28. #28
    Trail Gnome
    Reputation: griz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,807
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    *rubs hands together with an evil grin*

    Where is Finch?
    Now that you're a SuperModerator...do you wear a cape or a mask when you're deleting posts

  29. #29
    Captain One Lung SuperModerator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3,215
    Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    Now that you're a SuperModerator...do you wear a cape or a mask when you're deleting posts
    Of course I wear a mask.
    Pagan fc, JCWages! Mods asleep at the switch!-aa5db9f369a789eadca55f8168c9bc65.jpg

  30. #30
    middle ring single track
    Reputation: Moe Ped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,458
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    Of course I wear a mask.
    A mask and nothing else.

    In a locked room illuminated only by the glow coming off the monitor screen...
    Content here does not officially represent the CA DPR.

    Windows 10, destroying humanity one upgrade at a time.

  31. #31
    Captain One Lung SuperModerator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3,215
    Quote Originally Posted by moe ped View Post
    a mask and nothing else.

    In a locked room illuminated only by the glow coming off the monitor screen...
    wth???

    Name:  4b023634512dbd95a5de664a7fa962cb.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  36.3 KB

Similar Threads

  1. Mods are asleep... Post Your Dinglespeeds.
    By mdilthey in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 1 Week Ago, 03:01 AM
  2. Pagan TahoeBC
    By Finch Platte in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-07-2016, 05:41 PM
  3. Pagan Net
    By Finch Platte in forum Off Camber (off topic)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-28-2016, 02:41 AM
  4. Please welcome your new moderator - JCWages
    By fc in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 03-02-2016, 11:14 AM

Members who have read this thread: 258

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •