Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Puro Vida!
    They'll probably still let him fight-he'll win. They'll call for a test or someone will leak out he's not clean. Then he'll apologize and want a rematch to prove he could still win.

Puro Vida!
    Ok I was wrong-that was a FIGHT!

mtbr member
    Ugh!! Im just glad PAC got up. That wasn't cool there for a min.
    Congrats to JMM. You fight the same guy enough times you are bound to win.

mtbr member
    Wow, just went to youtube and watched the 6th round. I didn't expect to see that. By only hearing on TV that Pacman went down early and lost in a KO, you would have never known that he was looking in control of the fight at the moment. Getting KO'ed with only a second left in the round that he was in control of while Marquez bleeding heavily from a broken nose and having to breath out of his mouth was a lack of tactical judgement on his part. With only watching that round, looked like a great fight.
    "Time won't leave me as I am "

Puro Vida!
    I don't think he was in control-he was bleeding but not loosing. Both had been hit hard in previous rounds going down. Actually seemed like Paquiao was more stunned by his first knock down than Marquez. Marquez never went down that hard in previous fights.
    It was a good fight-something that fight fans have been waiting for a long time. If one fighter was in control prior to the knock out it was Marquez.
    That was a GREAT fight-two very good fighters. What sucked was Ana Barbara singing the Mexican anthem. Glad I got my 70 bucks worth in one fight cause the pre fights sucked.

mtbr member
    I'm still affected after watching my all time favorite MMA fighter BJ Penn brutally beaten up and PACMAN got knocked out cold I think its time for for this guys to hang their gloves.
    The Pacquiao fight was a good fight but was not really expecting a BIG knock out like that. ( Never seen Pacquiao hit the canvas like that ) I thought it'll last 12 rounds of action. Hats off to Marquez, who came back with vengence after years of trying to prove that he's the better boxer. Pacquiao got carless,and over confident so he got the colossal punch and put him to sleep. The only thing I've noticed with Marquez was he's bigger, faster, and stronger which made most of the people think if he's into some PED? Who knows. After his big win , I dont think Mayweather is willing to fight him again but would rather fight Pacman.

mtbr member
    Pac seemed to be controlling the fight most of the time, but did seem fazed by Marquez's new found power, but yes Pac was winning the fight, but it's boxing, he got caught pretty good. Glad they are both ok. 2 of the best fighters in the world, looking forward to their 5th fight which I assume they will now have.

It's about showing up.
    The fight went as others did; brawling. The constant checks and balances of offense and defense belies the power of these fighters; the power is nothing new. These guys have fought close bouts many times and there is a reason; they are very well matched. It took on mistake: a punch in a flurry of others, perhaps no harder than many, many others, went unchecked. As Pac said, he never saw it. A lot has to go right to be a champion. Marquez did one more thing right.
    I don't rattle.

Snowjnky McDreamy
    Q. how many boxers does it take to knock out Pacman?
    A. Juan

#Pacquiaoing
    Name:  pac.PNG
Views: 964
Size:  100.1 KB
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    Comic relief in a discussion does no harm..
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

Ariolimax columbianus
    that sh*t was staged. 50 cent just wants to blow up, trump like. settin it up to take folks $$$ for #5.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by snowjnky View Post
    A. Juan

#Pacquiaoing
    Name:  pac.PNG
Views: 964
Size:  100.1 KB
    Q: How many Mexican boxers had fallen through the hands of Pacquiao?
    A: Manny

lol

Good fight though! JMM did a perfect punch.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeson View Post
    that sh*t was staged. 50 cent just wants to blow up, trump like. settin it up to take folks $$$ for #5.

50 Cent had nothing to do with this fight. He promotes a guy by the name of Yourkis Gamboa who happened to be on the same card. Pacquiao is promoted by Top Rank. Besides if the fix is on, it's going to go to the score cards. Not to let your #1 fighter get KTFO.

Snowjnky McDreamy
    Quote Originally Posted by BJD83 View Post
    . Besides if the fix is on, it's going to go to the score cards. Not to let your #1 fighter get KTFO.
    True dat. These guys always brawl. I hope Pacman comes back and whoops arse on some people; he is good for boxing.

gracious loser also.
    heard when he got back to the hotel to watch the fight with his camp he busted out with
    "spoiler alert! you all are not gonna like how this ends"
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    Comic relief in a discussion does no harm..
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by snowjnky View Post
    True dat. These guys always brawl. I hope Pacman comes back and whoops arse on some people; he is good for boxing.

gracious loser also.
    heard when he got back to the hotel to watch the fight with his camp he busted out with
    "spoiler alert! you all are not gonna like how this ends"

That spoiler alert is pretty funny. I don't know about coming back from that. Most boxers that get KO like that never seem to be the same. Ricky Hatton, Paul Williams, Jermain Taylor. The guy is good for the sport, guess we wait and see.

mtbr member
    Win or lose, a guy who gives out A MILLION DOLLARS in tickets for the fight is a hero in my book!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I used to live in the same town as Manny, General Santos City. He lives around 1/2 km away. He fought a good fight but in the end Marquez bested him by scoring a KO. Really good right punch by the way. I could almost feel the sting of that. Lots of people here say that it was a lucky punch (Manny was careless) and Marquez has been using performance enhancing drugs and even going as far as to blame Manny's change of religion (let's not go there) but I say that who ever won the fight deserve their win and the camps shouldn't badmouth and sour grape like they do every fight. Making reasons and excuses. Sick of all the after fight whining. Their both great fighters. Get a rematch and show it man. I'll watch another fight between them and bet my money on who I think is the better fighter come fight day. Anyone else want to see another great slugfest?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    A. Juan

Good joke snowjnky..that got me laughing

mtbr member
    Would be interesting to see JMM vs FMM 2.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Yeah its about time that we see Mayweather fight again and Marquez might make upset out of this one too..hmm just maybe..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip.palileo View Post
    Yeah its about time that we see Mayweather fight again and Marquez might make upset out of this one too..hmm just maybe..
    Now that Marquez showed his new Power and Speed, I dont think Floyd will ever fight him again. He'd rather fight Manny this time , especially now that he got KO and sure that Manny will never be the same again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2