fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator

Listen! Pacific Crest Trail – Tell us where you would ride…

The Pacific Crest Trail Reassessment Initiative is specifically seeking to have the 1988 bicycle ban rescinded and be granted legal and open access to all non-wilderness portions of the Pacific Crest Trail. We're asking for your trail knowledge. We need detailed information regarding the PCT in your area.

It will be extremely valuable for us to understand which sections (outside of designated wilderness) of trail would be most suitable or desirable to you. In some cases, the PCT may be a simple out-and-back or point-to-point ride, while elsewhere it might be a critical link between other, existing trails. Your local knowledge is critical.

Linked below is a simple survey that we hope you can respond to before December 15:
    To download the PDF Survey please click here: PCTRI Trail Request.pdf

Fill it out and click on the Submit button (all you need is internet access). The information will be catalogued in a database for review.

Also, please feel free to email this PDF survey to your friends and local Advocacy groups.

To reiterate - Your local knowledge is absolutely critical in the process of getting the Pacific Crest Trail open to Mountain Bikes

Thanks!,
    The Pacific Crest Trail Reassessment Initiative

*This thread will only be 'stickied' for 10 days *
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

mtbr member
    Done

Sweat is just fat crying.
    It will be extremely valuable for us to understand which sections (outside of designated wilderness) of trail would be most suitable or desirable to you. In some cases, the PCT may be a simple out-and-back or point-to-point ride, while elsewhere it might be a critical link between other, existing trails. Your local knowledge is critical.
    No idea, sorry.
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

swag ho Administrator
    What's all that PCT by Downieville? That stuff Chum Lee!!!

fc

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    What's all that PCT by Downieville? That stuff Chum Lee!!!

fc
    Ahhh....the "Packer saddle to 'A' tree" portion would be freaking awesome! I'm sure there are others...

because the fireroad 50 yards from the PCT really is less than awesome....in fact the fireroad sucks.

Keep those routes coming in - we're getting a pretty good map together...

things are starting to get interesting behind the scenes Can't wait until I can share with y'all

mtbr member
    I vote for the section from the "A" tree all the way to sierra city be open.

Snowjnky McDreamy
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverbiker View Post
    I agree.That would be money. I would pay for that.
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    Comic relief in a discussion does no harm..
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

Quote Originally Posted by snowjnky View Post
    I agree.That would be money. I would pay for that.
    Noted!

I'll add it to the database

mtbr member

Better yet Donner pass to "A" tree I hear "A" tree north is pretty nice also.

Carson Pass to Echo Summit would open up the whole hwy 88 corridor and Hwy 50 corridor to the Tahoe basin as there are 8 feeder trails off of it. TRT, Sayles, Bryant and 4 ways to get to Schieder camp, and the Pony Express.
    Last edited by TahoeBC; 11-20-2012 at 07:04 AM.
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Better yet Donner pass to "A" tree I hear "A" tree north is pretty nice also.

Carson Pass to Echo Summit would open up the whole hwy 88 corridor and Hwy 50 corridor to the Tahoe basin as there are 8 feeder trails off of it. TRT, Sayles, Bryant and 4 ways to get to Schieder camp, and the Pony Express.
    Word...that would be incredibly awesome. What I find really funny is how many people I meet on the PCT who had no idea that it was closed to bikes, and the ones that did know are surprised more people don't just ride it.

mtbr member
    I like the section between Mexico and Canada.

mtbr member
    Ronski for the win
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

singletrack bound
    "accidentally" did an out and back for a total of about 7 miles somewhere in Oregon near a Pass and after going awhile on some of the best ST I have seen, I was noticing the absence of tire tracks so around we go, back to the junction where we started.
    Now I think this would have reconnected us to the legal stuff in six or so miles but we were only about half way through when we discovered our mishap.

Maiden
    Sorrel Seeker !!

mtbr member
    ( I am w Ronski )
    How nice to it would be if there was bikepack PCT thru version; alternates provided for the Wilderness/Nat. Park/severe hike sections. Even though this is a nice opportunity, the overall commonsense to the RATIONALE for this invite would be to include a complete CAN to MEX route.

Okay, back down to earth here. I would like to see the section from outside Lassen Hwy 70, or at least 89 on down to Interstate 80, and if ideal than a wee bit farther to the edge of Granite Chief. One can imagine: the Tevis realistically just runs the edge of GC, and one could have the Western States Trail available too.

Medium?
    Dinner plates...

CHUM, you should send a PM to MtbBill and have him chime in on far SoCal sections...

mtbr member
    I certainly understand the problem with the drop to Sierra City; being available as a choice with a classic shuttle.

Do you?

Maybe it should play doubly to its moniker.