Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Other than bickering, what else you guys doing this week?

4K views 81 replies 32 participants last post by  Wherewolf 
#1 ·
Any post sunset rides to speak of? PM or email any of the fine details, especially if the ride is west of the Sierras.

What's happening with the long weekend. Weather seems like it might hold.

Is it time to go ride Planet Ord? Or a long Coe ride along Coe ride?

#27 ·
rensho said:
Purrrrrfect time. Let's see if ultralord will come out and scare some babies and toddlers with his bikes.
Will make it easier for me to swap.

See Bruce, i just dragged FC into the thread. :thumbsup:
Cool.

Bring a pedal wrench if you want to swap, I'll be using first gen M737 SPD's. :D

#31 ·
I have Monday off...

rensho said:
How many folks have Monday off?

I'm wondering if 29er Demo day in Planet Ord would work. I know it is short notice, but if the weather dude is going to cooperate...
Kinda tough to do longer term planning in January.
I'm thinking FC demo bikes+MTBR member bikes(calling for help from the community).
Dan51 and I were thinking about a ride.

#33 ·
Yo Rumpfy and Zorg!!

I see you're both on, so here's a plan (?) for Monday!!

Coyote again?? Anyone, Anyone, Beuler, Beuler?? Everything should have dried up a bit more by then.

Side note: Demo was niiicccceee yesterday!! Not too dry, not too wet, sweet tacky goodness!!

#42 ·
rensho said:
Any post sunset rides to speak of? PM or email any of the fine details, especially if the ride is west of the Sierras.

What's happening with the long weekend. Weather seems like it might hold.

Is it time to go ride Planet Ord? Or a long Coe ride along Coe ride?
Holy crap! I just read that thread. You all need to take a field trip to F88!

#44 ·
rensho said:
No worries, our mods would smack you (the general yous) back to the proper side of 8mile if anything like F88 should occur.
To answer your original question - I rode last week week in Phoenix and Vegas.

I built a new FR/DH rig.

Got a new pet - a little parakeet named Sunny.

Anything to stay out of the scathefests!

#47 ·
CHUM said:
i work monday too....now i'm gloomy....can i borrow your scrunched up "I'm sad" face pic??
WHEREAS CHUM has requested permission to use the "Sad Face" picture (hereinafter referred to as the "third lamest picture in the universe"; see Exhibit A),

WHEREAS Plim is owner of said third lamest picture in the universe and all copyrights therein,

Plim hereby grants CHUM express written nonexclusive nontransferable permission to use the third lamest picture in the universe to illustrate posts on the mtbr.com message board (hereinafter referred to as the "board fulla bickering") for the period of one (1) year from the date of this post.

All other rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Plim, who will sue the pants off anyone else who tries to use the third lamest picture in the universe on the board fulla bickering or elsewhere.

;)

#49 ·
Plim said:
....Plim hereby grants CHUM express written nonexclusive nontransferable permission to use the third lamest picture in the universe to illustrate posts on the mtbr.com message board (hereinafter referred to as the "board fulla bickering") for the period of one (1) year from the date of this post....;)
this is how I feel 'cause i half to work on Monday...so sad, so verrry sad.....wah...

Attachments

#50 ·
Kracker said:
Binge drinking and chasing women. (Hey, I'm in college, it's expected. Who cares if I'm ten years older?)
Don't laugh - I did that once. It really is the greatest thing. 10 years later, a person has more world experience, is more e$tablished, and it effing works! Oh yeah, it's "chasing women, and running slowly when women are chasing me".

~ Rex

#51 ·
Plans...

Well, I rarely make plans, but as I have 3 days off...in a row, I may make a consession.

I'd love a full blown ride on Saturday, time, place TBD.

Sunday, I have plans to watch the Bears v. Seahawks at my buddy's house, which is right down the road from Nisene Marks...thinking of riding up to Demo, ride Braile Trail, then proceeding downhill all the way back to watch the game, starting at 10ish am.

Monday, I'm open to suggestions.

If there's any talk of 29er comparison, I have a geared, Rebaed, Soulcraft Holy Roller to add to the pot...24" top tube.

But really, if there's a ride at Waterdog, it's 2 miles from my house, I think I can drag myself up there for several loops of sweet singletrack!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.